Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-08-2008, 05:03 PM   #1  
Inking Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ideas needed - scrapbook for Noah, my stillborn baby

Hello Ladies,

I'm looking for some ideas. I've finally purchased a scrapbook and some background paper (12 x 12) for my baby Noah, born still 9/28/07.

I want the first few pages to be of pictures for Memorial weekend last year. This is when I knew that I was pregnant. I got a positive test the following Tuesday I believe.

I have just 2 ultrasound pictures of Noah alive. I also have 2 ultrasound pictures of him from the day we learned that he had died. I want to include these as well. It was a horrible day, yet the story must be complete.

I have a collection of photos that have been touched up by an amazing woman from Australia. I treasure these photos of Noah so much.

I have the Remembrance card that I made and sent out to family and friends to remember Noah on his due date. I also sent little hearts made of seed embedded paper. I will include pictures sent back to me of the seeds planted and growing.

We had a balloon release at the beach while vacationing in FL on his due date.

I know that I will have more things to add that make me think of him or that are done in his memory.

So, has anyone created a scrapbook for a stillborn? I would love any ideas you may have and would love to see pictures of your pages if you are willing to share.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Noah's Website
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2008, 08:45 PM   #2  
Glitter Queen

Default jeri says hello

Jen

Gosh.... what can I say except that your story really touched me!

I am a single 41 year old woman with no kids. I tried invitro fertilization several years ago while I was married and it did not work. Today, I am the proud mother of two dogs and a cat that I love very much. It is not the same as having a child though.
I work as a nurse in the intensive care nursery and have seen alot of sad stories. I am so glad that you are giving your baby a spot on your shelf with all the other scrapbooks of your other children.....

You seem to be dealing with this lose in a very healthy way. Way to go!

Jeri
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2008, 02:26 PM   #3  
Inking Addict

Jeri,

Thank you for reading my story. I'm sorry that you weren't able to have children. We have a 9 years old dog Hank and a new puppy Nikita that are a huge part of our family as well.

I can only imagine what you have seen working as a nurse in an intensive care nursery. I'm sure that you help parents more than you will ever know. I know that my main nurse during the 3 days while I was delivering Noah was just an amazing woman. I could not have asked for better care.

hugs,
jen.

Quote:

Originally Posted by time4nicuView Post
Jen

Gosh.... what can I say except that your story really touched me!

I am a single 41 year old woman with no kids. I tried invitro fertilization several years ago while I was married and it did not work. Today, I am the proud mother of two dogs and a cat that I love very much. It is not the same as having a child though.
I work as a nurse in the intensive care nursery and have seen alot of sad stories. I am so glad that you are giving your baby a spot on your shelf with all the other scrapbooks of your other children.....

You seem to be dealing with this lose in a very healthy way. Way to go!

Jeri
Noah's Website
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2008, 12:32 PM   #4  
luvjdb

Default Hugs

You're so sweet, Jeri. Thank you for both sharing your stories. My husband and I have been trying for 3 years and we are having to accept that we'll need to try invitro. It's been hard because my sister-in-law has two boys and a girl that's due in August. Even my niece is having her first baby in September. It's hard sometimes because it seems so easy for everyone else. I just have to realize that life can always be worse. I'm truly sorry for your loss Jen, but I'm so happy that you have your girl.

((HUGS))

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2008, 11:04 AM   #5  
Cardstock Collector

Your post touched my heart. I lost a baby a little over two years ago, and our greatest difficulty was explaining it to our daughter (age 4 at the time) and helping her grieve something she didn't truly understand. We eventually found a wonderful little book titled "We Were Going To Have A Baby, But We Had An Angel Instead" which was written for children (I found it on Amazon). The story validates her saddness and disappointment and all the hopes she had for the baby, but honors the happy memories of the pregnancy at the same time. I think that the title of this book alone may give you a place to begin. Even now, over two years and one gorgeous healthy 18 month old baby brother later, my little girl still pulls this book out sometimes at bedtime as a way to continue to heal, process and remember. I think that your plans for a scrapbook are a fabulous way for you to do the same, and I may follow your lead.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2008, 12:21 PM   #6  
Inking Addict

First, I am so sorry for the death of your baby. None of us should ever have to outlive our children. Second, we have the same book. I recommend it to all angel moms with living children. My daughter loves it. She just turned 3. I had not thought of that as a title for a page or layout. It is just perfect!! I think that will be the title starting off the section of the scrapbook of our pictures of Noah after he was born. thank you so much for responding and many hugs to you and your entire family and angel kisses to your angel baby.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kraftychickView Post
Your post touched my heart. I lost a baby a little over two years ago, and our greatest difficulty was explaining it to our daughter (age 4 at the time) and helping her grieve something she didn't truly understand. We eventually found a wonderful little book titled "We Were Going To Have A Baby, But We Had An Angel Instead" which was written for children (I found it on Amazon). The story validates her saddness and disappointment and all the hopes she had for the baby, but honors the happy memories of the pregnancy at the same time. I think that the title of this book alone may give you a place to begin. Even now, over two years and one gorgeous healthy 18 month old baby brother later, my little girl still pulls this book out sometimes at bedtime as a way to continue to heal, process and remember. I think that your plans for a scrapbook are a fabulous way for you to do the same, and I may follow your lead.
Noah's Website
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2008, 12:49 PM   #7  
Compulsive Stamper

My daughter and her husband delivered a stillborn little girl a few years back. My daughter was 7 months pregnant, so it was so much of a shock. I did a scrapbook page in honor of her. I include her little obituary with a poem that read, "The angel with the book of life penned in our baby's birth, then whispered as she closed the book, too beautiful for earth." I still tear up over the poem. The nurse took one photo of her following her birth, wrapped in a blanket. I included a very, very small copy on my page and covered it with vellum. It's slightly - but just slightly - visible through the vellum. The page also included one of her ultrasounds and a photo of my daughter who as just showing. Don't let anyone tell you not to do this - it's such a comfort.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2008, 10:03 AM   #8  
Inking Addict

I have to apologize. I haven't logged on to SCS in months.

Dwelch - I'm sorry to hear that you have lost a granddaughter and your daughter has lost a daughter. The scrapbook page that you did in her honor sounds beautiful. What was your granddaughter's name?

I've actually gotten nothing done for Noah's scrapbook. It has just been too painful to go there yet.

I have been focusing on Noah's Angel Packages - these are care pacakges for bereaved families after a baby has died. They will include 2 beanie lambs, 2 crocheted hats, 1 crocheted blanket, Tear Soup book, disposable camera (when needed,) handstamped sympathy card (made by me), small candle, and 2 letters - one for the family in the hospital and one for at home. I have had a HUGE outpouring of support - cash donations, lambs, candles and crocheted hats and blankets. It's just amazing to me that people have been touched by my Noah and want to help others. I hope to have the first set of 20 completed by Christmas. Originally I had planned to have them ready by his first birthday - 9/28. that didn't happen. Grief is on no timetable, I've just had to go with each day as it comes and do the best that I can.

Below are the 2 cards that will be available (chosen by the main nurse taking care of the family) - I have made blue, pink and green.

100_6948.jpg
There is no foot too small
that it cannot leave
an imprint on this world

100_6947.jpg
Angel Baby

A heartbeat falls silent.
Tiny eyes close.
A miniature body
No longer grows.

Mommy is shattered.
Daddy is sad.
Fate has erased
The plans that they had.

Through all of the grief
that leaves their hearts torn,
There's peace in knowing
An angel was born.
Noah's Website
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2008, 10:19 AM   #9  
CraZy Cat Lady
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Your cards are beautiful Jenn!
HUGS to you!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2008, 10:27 AM   #10  
Inking Addict

thank you Sally. they've been very hard for me to make...emotionally. It has been a healing process. i hope that i will feel more at peace and that a weight has been lifted once they are complete.
Noah's Website
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2008, 10:29 AM   #11  
Inking Addict

i thought i would also share the cards that we sent out for Noah's first birthday, 9/28/08.

100_6565.jpg

100_6567.jpg
Noah's Website
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2009, 05:33 PM   #12  
Cardstock Collector

Jen,

I'm new to this site but your story was so touching. the title that comes to my mind is "Can't Wait to Hold You Again" as someday you will be together again. I hope this helps.

Boni
Reply With Quote Likes