Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-23-2011, 05:05 AM   #1  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow White embossing powder & Hello Doily

Good Morning, All!

Just received the Hello Doily for my b-day and want to make my Mother a card for her Christmas gift card. I just want to make a traditional A-2 or maybe a 5X7.

Anyway...I've seen all the lovely pieces in the Gallery using this stamp and I would like to duplicate the white on dark technique. My Grandmother used to crochet doilies that looked EXACTLY like Hello Doily [LOL...I know, there are thousands of Grandma's and Nana's out there that did them too]. I thought my Mother would love a card that would remind her of HER mother.

Do I use an embossing buddy on dark card stock? Will it all brush off so it doesn't leave a film on the card stock? Should I do that and then just stamp with embossing ink and use WHITE embossing powder? HELP! I need to make this card today, so would really appreciate any input. THANKS SO MUCH.

Beverly
RavioliGirl
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2011, 06:05 AM   #2  
Cardstock Collector

I used to have such a problem with the embossing buddy that I stopped using it. Now I find that on dark card stock, if I apply it evenly over the entire piece of card stock then wipe it with a paper towel, I get a really clean stamping. Also start heating higher up off paper and strait down so any loose powder does not spread. This sets it and then you can continue setting it with the heat gun closer. Hope this helps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2011, 06:10 AM   #3  
Mad Swapper

Cynthia,

Thank you SO much. Yes, this helps me a great deal! And, oh...my...stars...can it be true that this is your first post since joining in 2008? I am totally honored that you chose to help me out. Can't wait to make this card for my Mom! Keep posting! and...Merry Christmas to you.

Beverly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2011, 06:28 AM   #4  
Cardstock Collector

I am electronically and time challenged, but am making myself a promise to get busy learning my way around this site. I have 14 classes a month and could use some inspiration and try stretching my imagination! I took 2 1/2 weeks off this Christmas and plan to do some exploring. Merry Christmas to you also. (First time in six years I have had this much time off in a row!)
Reply With Quote Likes