Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-17-2016, 02:16 PM   #1  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what dies are people using

to make windows in thier cards such as Biggans card here
CC575 Thistle by Biggan - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers and here
and here IC536 Spring by Biggan - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2016, 02:44 PM   #2  
Matboard Maniac

The first one looks like Deckled Rectangles by Spellbinders.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2016, 07:05 PM   #3  
Forum Fanatic

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

The second card uses a stitched rectangle die - a special kind of stitched rectangle die that has double stitch lines. When using this type of die, stitch lines appear on the regular die cut (the "positive"), stitch lines also appear on what is typically the discard piece (the negative).

I did a quick check and found a set on Simon Says Stamps. It's called stitched rectangle dies. They are currently out of stock. :(

Here's a set from My Creative Time that has stitch lines on both the inside and outside of the die, and it appears to be in stock. (I have purchased from MCT several times and service has good every time.)
MORE Stitched Rectangular Dies

Hope this helps in your search!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2016, 04:58 AM   #4  
Mad Swapper

Thanks for your replies Ladies. I suppose the trick to all this is to make sure you measure so that the opening is centered and then you use the cut out piece to stamp your image
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2016, 08:45 AM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

Boss - The sizes on the dies you linked to are confusing to me. Will they fit evenly (even space all around) on an A2 card?

I've been wanting those on SSS for a long time, but they are perpetually out of stock.. ugh! :(

My Favorite Things has a set with the stitching on either side of the cut line, but they are smaller rectangles than the SSS ones are. I got a set of the MFT ones, and although they are wonderful quality and cut perfectly, I'm unhappy about the small size (my own fault for not doing enough research).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2016, 05:26 PM   #6  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by BohemianBelleView Post
Boss - The sizes on the dies you linked to are confusing to me. Will they fit evenly (even space all around) on an A2 card?

I've been wanting those on SSS for a long time, but they are perpetually out of stock.. ugh! :(

My Favorite Things has a set with the stitching on either side of the cut line, but they are smaller rectangles than the SSS ones are. I got a set of the MFT ones, and although they are wonderful quality and cut perfectly, I'm unhappy about the small size (my own fault for not doing enough research).
Yes, these Creative Times stitched rectangles do fit evenly on an A2 card. The largest die cuts a rectangle with about 3/16" exposure on the outer edge, all the way around. It is a perfect size leaves the A2 card base showinyg around the edges "just right". Keep in mind that the largest size die is NOT the size of an A2, it is smaller and fits proportionally.

I did some die cuts using all the dies in the set using contrasting colors and also creating some frames by stacking the graduated dies in each other before cutting. I will take photos of them and try to post them...I'm kind of not a geek so I'm not sure how successful this will be. I also would be happy to slip them in an envelope and send them to you snail mail so you can touch and see for yourself how they fit on a card front. (Seeing them IRL would give you an appreciation for how fine and delicate the stitching is....this is a very impressive set of dies , in my humble opinion!). PM with your addy if you would like to play with the diecuts from this set, otherwise I will attempt to photograph them later tonight and post them here.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2016, 05:35 PM   #7  
Forum Fanatic

Ack!!!!! After I posted the long reply about the Creative Times rectangle dies, I checked the link I had to verify that I had made diecuts from the correct set and I DIDNT!!!!! :shock: So please disregard the sizing info I provided!!! (I will still be happy to send the diecuts, identifying the diesel correctly.)

As for the size of the rectangles in the Creative Times die set that I posted the link for, I will get back to you after I do some die cutting, ok? Sorry for the confusion. :confused: This is what it's like being me! :lol:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2016, 05:55 PM   #8  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 661 Likes on 415 Posts

the ones from Our Daily Bread designs will do that too, the double stitched rectangles.

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2016, 02:51 PM   #9  
Polyshrink Goddess

MFT has a whole line of of stitched shapes they call inside and out stitched. They have squares, rectangles, circles, ovals, rounded squares, and rounded rectangles. I think they also have star shapes now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-26-2016, 09:02 PM   #10  
Matboard Maniac

Jadiebird - I ended up getting the rectangle ones from MFT and was very disappointed, as the largest die was smaller than I expected (my own fault for not reading carefully). The SSS ones are the size I need, so I'll be selling the MFT ones and getting those.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2016, 06:57 AM   #11  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

In case you are still looking for stitched dies - Papertrey Ink has some of them too - not too badly priced if they are in stock - I have them and really like them.

Rectangles - https://www.papertreyink.com/pti-die...ectangles-die/

Squares/Coasters - https://www.papertreyink.com/pti-die...-coasters-die/

Circles - https://www.papertreyink.com/pti-die...d-circles-die/
Reply With Quote Likes