Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-24-2009, 10:23 AM   #1
Inking Addict

Wink tissuepaper

Just saw on a show that you could do the felted technique with tissue paper and freezer paper, really???? Has anyone ever tried it???
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-18-2010, 01:32 AM   #2
Compulsive Stamper

YES you can!
Wad (optional)your tissue paper up then press it out with your hands. Stamp on it if you want a printed background (ink will come through the tissue, so you`ll want scrap paper under it)
Lay a piece of freezer wrap, wax side up, on your iorning board, place the tissue on top, making sure that it overlaps the freezer wrap a bit (so that you don`t end up with wax on your iron!) Then iron with a med-hot DRY iron......this does`nt take but a swipe or 2 to seal the tissue to the wax. ...WAAA LAAA!!! Instant, pretty background paper that looks like "homemade paper" Have fun ! (And it really is...and easy too)
Have an excellent day! Linda
Old 02-19-2010, 02:52 PM   #3
Embossing Fanatic

You can also do it with plastic wrap ex: Saran Wrap. Lay your card stock on a couple of pieces of scrap paper to protect your work surface, lay the saran wrap over your card stock making sure that it is bigger than your card stock, lay your tissue paper or paper napkin over the saran wrap, but a couple more of pieces of scrap paper over that and run a DRY HOT IRON over this sandwich. The saran wrap acts like an adhesive. Once it is stuck on, you just trim away the excess. I have never done it with tissue paper, but have made loads of them with left over paper napkins from parties. If you go onto PaperWishes and look at my profile (Francoise Valois) you will see that I have uploaded a couple of pieces of card stock that I have done. Now I will use them to decorate cards.

Fran
Old 02-20-2010, 02:29 AM   #4
Compulsive Stamper

Default :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by valoisfrancoise View Post
You can also do it with plastic wrap ex: Saran Wrap. Lay your card stock on a couple of pieces of scrap paper to protect your work surface, lay the saran wrap over your card stock making sure that it is bigger than your card stock, lay your tissue paper or paper napkin over the saran wrap, but a couple more of pieces of scrap paper over that and run a DRY HOT IRON over this sandwich. The saran wrap acts like an adhesive. Once it is stuck on, you just trim away the excess. I have never done it with tissue paper, but have made loads of them with left over paper napkins from parties. If you go onto PaperWishes and look at my profile (Francoise Valois) you will see that I have uploaded a couple of pieces of card stock that I have done. Now I will use them to decorate cards.

Fran
I tried to get to your gallery, but it won`t let me in......if you post it in the forum so that I can click on it I might be able to see it. I`d love to take a look at the paper you made with napkins and plastic wrap.
(You`ll probably like the way that the crumpled tissue paper looks done the same way, if you like a homemade paper look)
Linda
Old 02-20-2010, 03:53 AM   #5
Embossing Fanatic

Default Tissue Paper

I will see if I can do it. I am really computer challenged. I work with computers all day long, but it is the program of the hotel that I work at. Take me away from that one and well.....
Old 02-20-2010, 04:00 AM   #6
Embossing Fanatic

Linda, I have just greatly surprised myself. I did it. I was able to upload the pictures WOO HOO !!!!
Old 02-20-2010, 04:19 AM   #7
Compulsive Stamper

Default Good for you!!!

Quote:
Linda, I have just greatly surprised myself. I did it. I was able to upload the pictures WOO HOO !!!!
I did`nt know that you meant they were`nt already in the gallery on your site on here.....I`ve never put any of my cards on yet either, as am waiting on my daughter to come and show me how. (I AM a puter-dummy!)
So can you post a link to your cards?
When I click on your gallery it won`t let me view them. It says something about that I don`t have permission.
I`m not sure....but I think if you pull your site up where your cards are, that you can copy and paste the web site from the top of the puter screen into one of these boxes like I`m typing in now......??????
Someone else on here will know for sure.
Thanks! Linda
Old 02-20-2010, 04:38 AM   #8
Embossing Fanatic

Red face Felt Cards

Oh boy, your asking alot of my little brain. If you go into gallery, click on Members galleries, then at the top you can type in my last name VALOIS and click on go, and the pictures will pop up.
Sorry thats the best that I know how to do.

Fran
Old 02-20-2010, 05:41 AM   #9
Inking Addict

Default WOW!!!!!

Fran,

your pictures are beautiful, I am going to have to try this. Just amazing what a person can do with some household item. The possibilities are endless.

Vicki
Old 02-20-2010, 05:58 AM   #10
Kookie Creator

Default Why?

So why are they called felted? I do felting and I can't understand why they are called felted. Anyone?
Old 02-20-2010, 07:18 AM   #11
Embossing Fanatic

Smile Felted Cards

Thank you very much Vicki. It is so encouraging when you are a beginner and someone gives a nice comment on something you have done. I think they are called felted cards because of the texture which is soft once you have the napkin glued on it.

Fran
Old 02-20-2010, 09:51 AM   #12
Compulsive Stamper

Default Found them!

Quote:
Oh boy, your asking alot of my little brain. If you go into gallery, click on Members galleries, then at the top you can type in my last name VALOIS and click on go, and the pictures will pop up.
Sorry thats the best that I know how to do.

Fran
How pretty!
Where did you ever find the napkin with the pine trees on it???? That is BEAUTIFUL !
Now I`m going to have to go on a "napkin search"!
Linda
Old 02-20-2010, 11:27 AM   #13
Embossing Fanatic

Default Felt Cards

I really couldn't tell you. My sister and her friends and I would be napkins that we liked when we saw them, and then would share the packages between us, so I now have this pile of napkins with all sorts of images on them. After certain holidays like Christmas or Easter etc. I like to go to either Wal-Mart or Hallmark's and see what they have on sale.

Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampit3d View Post
How pretty!
Where did you ever find the napkin with the pine trees on it???? That is BEAUTIFUL !
Now I`m going to have to go on a "napkin search"!
Linda