Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-02-2006, 08:17 AM   #1  
Glitter Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stamping on/in garden stepping stone?

Hey everyone, I was thinking a garden stepping stone (from a kit from Michael's or Joann's) would be a cool, meaningful Christmas gift for the my 7-month-old son's grandparents. I thought I'd help him make a couple of footprints in the center, and add his name with stones or tiles, but then to decorate around the edge, would stamps work? I've never done a stone before, so I don't know how deep you have to push the item to make an impression. It seems like the stamps might be a little shallow, but I'm interested to see if anyone's tried this! Thanks for any input!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2006, 08:22 AM   #2  
Insane Embellisher

Hi,
We did about four hundred of these for a fundraiser at our kids school the year it opened. I have to say that I do not think that stamps would work. It has to be something deeply etched to work.
Also a bag of Cement is less than $2.00. Then you could buy disposable cake pans (tinfoil). We broke old china (available at thrift stores) used marbles, do dads and pennies with the kids birthdates on them. We used pencils to write the children's names and date on them.
If you need any other help you are welcome to pm me.
Shelley~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2006, 08:30 AM   #3  
Glitter Guru

Wow, so you have a "little bit" of experience there, Shelley? LOL! What a day that must've been!! Thanks so much for the info, I was afraid that maybe they wouldn't work well. It would've been so cute, too! I do like the cement/cake tin idea. I think the kits at Joann's are around $15-$20.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2006, 08:07 PM   #4  
Stampin' Fool

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great idea! I did this with my girls for my parents and in-laws- they loved 'em; I used stamps on mine - I think I got them at Michaels or maybe Walmart, I don't remember. They are "deep" if you will; I let the cement set up for a little while (15-30 minutes) before I pressed them in.

Another fun thing I did just last year was stamp my girls' feet in white paint on a darker colored carpet square (the samples, rug size) with the toes almost touching the edge. Then I used tubes of black fabric paint/writer to make eyes, buttons and stick arms to make snowmen!!! To picture this, the heels were the head and the toes were the bottom of the snowman (which is why you stamp/step your toes close to the bottom edge of the rug. I also used white tubes to write "LET IT SNOW*" across the top, in an arch, with a few drawn-on snowflakes. They turned out so cute!

have fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2006, 12:05 PM   #5  
Compulsive Stamper

Default sounds so cute!!

These sound so cute, but not sure if I am picturing them correctly in my mind. Any chance you have a photo of this??
thanks!
Jennifer
Reply With Quote Likes