Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-29-2019, 05:55 PM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question SU! Demos - technique question

While checking out the new 2019 Holiday Catalog, I noticed a couple of cards that caught my eye and I was wondering if a demo could log into the SU! demo site and see if there is a technique/tutorial/products list for any of the cards noted below.

Pg 2 Still Scenes snowglobe card
Pg 22 New Year Wishes card with Penguin in lower right corner
Pg 24 Believe - Santa/Sleigh card

TIA!
Kelli
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2019, 04:08 PM   #2  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 1,386 Likes on 517 Posts

Kelli, I did a bit of digging for you:

Pg 2 Still Scenes snow globe card - there are no references to cards on page 2 since that is Shell's letter. Can you give me another page number for the card to which you are referring?

Pg 22 New Year Wishes card -
Stamps: Playful Penguins
CS/DSP: Night of Navy, Whisper White, Vellum,Sparkle Glimmer Paper
Ink/Coloring Tools: StazOn, Rich Razzleberry,Spritzers, Night of Navy Refill, Shaded Spruce Refill,Rich Razzleberry Refill
Accessories: Snowflake Sequins
Adhesives: SNAIL, Mini Glue Dots, Fine tip gluepen
Tools: 2” Circle Punch
Technique: The sky background was made usingspritzers with rubbing alcohol and ink refills

Pg 24 Believe Santa/Sleigh card-
Stamps: Holly Jolly Christmas
CS/DSP: Basic Black, Cherry Cobbler, Old Oliveand Pretty Peacock CS, Night Before ChristmasDSP Stack, Sparkle Glimmer Paper
Ink/Coloring Tools: Night of Navy and MossyMeadow Classic Stampin’ pads, Whisper WhiteCraft ink, Versamark ink, White Stampin’ EmbossPowder, Watercolor Pencils, Frost White ShimmerPaint
Accessories: Mini Library Clips, Snow Accents,Whisper White Baker’s Twine, Snowflake Sequins
Adhesives: Snail, Dimensionals and MultipurposeLiquid Glue
Tools: Jolly Season Dies, Heat Tool, Foam Brayer,Stampin’ Sponges, Aqua PainterTechnique: Background was created by addingNight of Navy ink to the top of the card using thefoam brayer. Next, I used a sponge to add whitecraft ink to the bottom of the card. Last, I splatteredsome of the frost white paint onto the card using anaqua painter and a tiny drop of rubbing alcohol.

I hope this helps you, Kelli!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2019, 06:04 PM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for checking, Nicole!

The still scenes snowglobe card I was referring to is on page 4 of the holiday catalog, bottom row, far right corner. The stamps/bundle are listed on page 43 of the catalog. I referenced the wrong page number in my OP.

Kelli
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2019, 01:04 PM   #4  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 1,386 Likes on 517 Posts

Kelli, I checked again and no details are listed for the card you are asking about. However, I'll tell what I think they used to make that card.

Stamps - Still Scenes
Paper - Smoky Slate, Whisper White, Night of Navy, Feels Like Frost 6"x 6" DSP Stack
Ink - Smoky Slate, Versamark, Balmy Blue
Other - Snow Globe Scenes dies, White Stampin' Emboss Powder, Heat Tool,

I can't tell if a Snow Globe Shaker Dome was used. The embossing powder and Versamark are for the greeting, which was fussy cut after heat embossing. The circle background behind the trees looks like Feels Like Frost DSP, as do the die-cut trees behind the stamped focal image. The background of the card base looks like one of the sentiments from the set stamped in Smoky Slate ink.

I hope this helps you, Kelli!
Reply With Quote Likes