Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Techniques (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/techniques-f11/)
-   -   Paper Tole? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/techniques-f11/paper-tole-t613086.html)

HOBBYSUE 09-20-2016 05:25 AM

Paper Tole?
I'm not sure if this is the name of the technique I'm referring to but it where you layer the same image on top of another a few times so you get that deminsional look? Any way what type of glue is used that stays upright and doesn't flatten out? I've tried layering but all my layers go flat as the drie because the glue spreads out. How do you keep it puffy?

southgirl 09-20-2016 06:36 AM

I use pop dots (fun foam with really sticky tape on both sides) OR Layers of paper glued together (that way I can make t tall or short).

Lindyedm 09-22-2016 10:36 PM

You use clear silicone to make the layers dimensional , I took a class on paper tole years ago

Cook22 09-23-2016 12:49 AM

I prefer to use foam tape in a couple of different thicknesses, (I have some that is very thin) but if you're using glue you probably need a silicone one. There's a tutorial onsite where she mentions a particular glue, Olba. 3D Paper Piecing Tutorial - Splitcoaststampers

I don't know if Pinflair glue is available in the US, it's similar. Pinflair Glue Gel Kit

I've only used regular silicone glue, but between the smell and a longer drying time I'm not a fan of it.

canada goose 09-24-2016 08:36 AM

Paper tole
Many years ago I took a class and it's where I learned to turn the paper when cutting out images. At that time we used silicone glue that comes in a tube like toothpaste. In fact that is what everyone doing paper tole used. It does have a smell but works like a charm. Otherwise I use a dimensional or rolled up glue dot.

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:30 PM.