Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Techniques (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/techniques-f11/)
-   -   How is this done? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/techniques-f11/how-done-t572952.html)

philsmom 05-10-2013 05:14 PM

How is this done?
I received this type of card in a swap. I CASED it and sent it to my friend because it was hilarious. I cannot remember how I did it. All I know is it took 2 pieces of paper with the mountain fold on the inside. I cannot recreate this. Ah me those brain cells have gone to greater glory. Can anyone help? Thanks

Sue G's bday card inside by philsmom - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

outside: Sue G's bday card outside by philsmom - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

buggainok 05-10-2013 06:41 PM

Found this in the tutorial section. It looks a lot like your card, except it has a square cutout instead of scallop. The basic design looks the same:

Splitcoaststampers - Tutorials

philsmom 05-12-2013 08:49 AM

This is the closest I have come to finding the same card. Thank you!

Theresa Romani 05-27-2013 04:25 PM

It looks more like a mix between the tunnel card AND the lever card you showed above. If you don't cut out the middle on the tunnel card and use a framelit to half cut the front, you might get the first card you showed.

Splitcoaststampers - Tunnel Card Project Tutorial by Beate Johns

Half Cut Ornament Window (Movers & Shapers Die) - YouTube

cbet 05-28-2013 04:38 AM

Crafter's companion calls that a "pop-out k card" and they have a video showing how to use their tool to make one: VIDEO

You can recreate it with spellbinders die - THIS VIDEO shows how to line it up and cut thru only half of the die.

philsmom 09-12-2013 07:12 AM

I figured it out, finally!!!

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:56 AM.