Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-08-2018, 01:15 PM   #1
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Question Online classes/tutorials and sites, what do you recommend?

Thanks to Beth (bjeans) there's a group of us taking the online class, Simply Watercolor, here's a link to that thread K. Werner’s Watercolor Class. Other classes have been discussed that sound like fun too. That got me thinking. I'm sure there are many marvelous online classes, tutorials and sites out there. Bet we could get quite the list of resources with how good SCS members are at sharing!

I'm a big fan of Amy Shulke's Taste of Vanilla site and newsletter. I haven't taken any of her classes though.

The Frugal Stamper, I always learn something new from Lindsay.

After seeing Angie (ohmypaper!) post her cards from the My Favorite Things Summer School, I started taking watching the videos from the series.

What have you found?

Join me in some challenges! Click the below links for details.
Save the date! Dare to Get Dirty Challenge 8/4 - 8/10
June 2018 Keeping Score Fan Club Challenge
Dirty Dozen Christmas Challenge
Ways to Use It Challenge

And be sure to share some love by posting your Favorites!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
fl_beachbum and fifiwesfan like this post.
Old 07-09-2018, 12:10 AM   #2
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Ive just signed up for this class at Kit and Clowder - only had chance to have a quick look at a couple of the video segments and a flick through the accompanying PDF but I’m impressed with the way it’s put together. Her prices are in Australian dollars but you can see the US equivalents - this one is currently about 10 bucks.

I think the older classes have sale prices like this sometimes but even at regular price they’re not ferociously expensive and you get permanent access after buying a class as well as the chance to get individual support if you want it. She divides classes up by medium - alcohol markers, pencils, watercolours - so you can choose what’s going to suit you. Although she’s using a specific image for each class, my quick reccy says she’s covering lots of fundamentals which can be applied whatever image you want to colour.

My blog
Old 07-12-2018, 05:06 PM   #3
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

The only other class I have taken is Sandy Allnock’s basic Copic class. To be honest, I haven’t even finished it. I got to working with what I learned in the first two and paused. But so far, I definitely recommend it.
ETA: I feel like I should share that I already had about 70+ markers so I used those instead of trying to copy what she was using.
Old Yesterday, 06:14 PM   #4
Polyshrink Goddess

Carla,

I went through my e-mails today to see what sites I've used and they're all OnlineCardClasses and The Frugal Crafter.

There is another site I had access to, skillshare.com, through a discounted offer. It has tons of classes for all kinds of things from how to brew a cup of perfect coffee to illustrating. I enjoyed most of the classes and If I had the time to do the classes instead of just watching them I would've paid for a yearly subscription once the discount ran out. My favorite classes were by a children's storybook illustrator teaching you how to draw your own characters and watercolor them.

Debra
Old Yesterday, 06:30 PM   #5
Die Cut Diva

Lots of great things here: http://einatkessler.com/

And here: Heather Tracy - YouTube

Last edited by iamvics; Yesterday at 06:39 PM..