Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-14-2007, 06:22 PM   #1  
Inking Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Making Folders with Two-Sided Designer Paper

Hello--

I saw on the SU! webside the spring catalog, and that there is a lovely picture of file folders made with "heavy" brown and white, two-sided printed paper.

My question is this: did they cover a manilla folder? Because that would be expensive, taking four sheets of paper to do all four sides. Maybe they did only the front and with the leftover from doing that they lined the first 3" or so, thus only using one sheet? Or did they make the file folder out of the designer paper itself? That would only take two pages. That would be neat. Is there a template for that? In the gallery I saw that all the folders had ribbon at the half-way mark, so figured maybe there is some kind of template.

Thank you for your help--

Anne-Marie
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2007, 04:53 AM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

Only use one sheet of DS paper, and use you only cover the front and the sticking out tab...that is how I do it...Looks great...you fill it up with stuff and you only see the front if you display it...so why waste it on the back and inside.

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampchicago
Hello--

I saw on the SU! webside the spring catalog, and that there is a lovely picture of file folders made with "heavy" brown and white, two-sided printed paper.

My question is this: did they cover a manilla folder? Because that would be expensive, taking four sheets of paper to do all four sides. Maybe they did only the front and with the leftover from doing that they lined the first 3" or so, thus only using one sheet? Or did they make the file folder out of the designer paper itself? That would only take two pages. That would be neat. Is there a template for that? In the gallery I saw that all the folders had ribbon at the half-way mark, so figured maybe there is some kind of template.

Thank you for your help--

Anne-Marie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2007, 07:46 AM   #3  
Inking Addict

Default Hi! Thank you for the info

I was experimenting this weeking and I tried crimping a 6" x 12" piece of cardstock, which would act as the folder bottom. Depending on how "heavy" the SU double-sided paper is, I could then cut the 12" x 12" piece into two 6" x 12" pieces, use those pieces for the top part of the folder and have the pattern front, back, and insides. (it's just kind of fun to have the folder lined; plus the stand I use for folders diplays the backs of the folders, too). I'll see how this works when I get my paper and let you know. It won't work if the paper is too filmsy.
Reply With Quote Likes