Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-26-2018, 07:17 PM   #1
Cardstock Collector

Default Fountain pen ink for stamping

Want some ideas how I can use fountain pen ink for rubber stamping. Want to try to use a stamp pad. Need to know what to combine the ink with on the stamp pad. Any ideas would be appeciated. Thanks, Dean.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-27-2018, 08:07 AM   #2
Die Cut Diva

Not exactly sure what you mean by combining the ink on the inkpad? Do you mean what to make a stamp pad out of? Or are you thinking of mixing the ink with something before adding to a pad?
Old 08-27-2018, 02:30 PM   #3
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

I would think that by the time you mix the ink with another medium, the colour would become very diluted. You could perhaps try with glycerine, but I think there'd be a lot of trial and error, and mixed results. You're thinking of using something like the Ranger foam for DIY inkpads?
Old 08-29-2018, 05:04 AM   #4
Mad Swapper

Faber Castell does have brush style pens for inking up stamps & they use India Ink. I've not really heard of using India Ink in an ink pad either. The only problem I have seen using the Faber Castell brush style pens on stamps is that you have to work fast so the ink doesn't dry out on the stamp. It does work though. These pens are usually used on Mixed Media Projects, but you can use the pens directly on projects also.The color is rich & opaque. As far as I know, Faber Castell does not offer an ink pad of anything. Possibly, because the ink dries out too quickly? Hope this helps!
Old 08-29-2018, 07:56 AM   #5
Embossing Fanatic

Dean, what an interesting idea. I love fountain pens and ink, too, but have never thought of doing this. You might find fountain pen ink rather thin for the job, but it’s worth trying. There are a number of companies that sell uninked stamp pads for you to customize. You might try one or two individual ink pads from different companies, before you go whole hog and ink a bunch with all your bottled inks. See what you like best with your inks.
Old 08-29-2018, 12:18 PM   #6
Matboard Maniac

Back when I worked in a factory, we made electrical porcelain and I hand sprayed the big Items. the guy from the lab would mix our ink as we had to put the part number on each one. He would mix glycerin in it to keep the ink pad from drying out. however I don't know if the ink was powdered or liquid, but the glycerin did work, I would start out with just a little and go from there.