Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-13-2008, 06:24 AM   #1  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default embossing with ultra thick ep?

OKay Ladies, yesterday I uploaded a card and also put a question out there and someone told me I should put the question on the forums because maybe we would all learn something. I made a card and did a mosaic on it and than I put three coats of ultra thick ep. After it dried I put it in a very heavy book and got it all flat but within the hour of being out of the book it isn't flat anymore. It kind of curls. I have had this problem before. Does anyone have the answer.
Here is my card. lighthouse mosaic by Rainy Day Stamper at Splitcoaststampers

Hope you can help me.
Lois
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2008, 06:28 AM   #2  
Crimping Master

Beautiful card! I usually pop a card with UTEE on it in the freezer for a few minutes to let it cool and never had a problem with curling (but I can't say for sure that's the reason!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2008, 09:42 AM   #3  
Stampin' Fool

How did you make your UTEE tile? Did you use a baking tray as a base with baking paper on top or did you have a Melting Pot or did you put baking paper on top of a wooden chopping block? Did you start it with a piece of chip board?

I find that for me the one that works every time without fail is, A; to use a chip board base, cut to size of course, B; ink it up with Versa Mark, C; sit it in my Melting Pot & sprinkle the UTEE on-top as the pot is warming up, as each layer melts you can add extra UTEE, micro beads, glitter, etc. When it looks how you want, I always finish with a clear layer & turn the pot off & allow it to cool in the pot. I then take it out & trim away any excess that flowed over the edges during the creation process.

HTH - Sue C
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2008, 06:19 AM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

SusieM...great idea about doing it in the melting pot...sounds easier than i do it...I versamark it, put UTEE on it, melt and keep repeating this until it's the thickness I want..then I put in freezer and it is not curled...Thanks..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2008, 01:30 PM   #5  
Gallery Gazer

I've done it by Versamark and heatgun and it usually curls if my paper isn't overly thick. Have you tried heating it from behind and kind of warping it in the opposite direction?
Reply With Quote Likes