Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-14-2011, 05:42 PM   #3441
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by card_creations View Post
So I went on a huge manhunt for Vintage keys today, well all I came up with is some very cute but expensive ones by Tim Holtz and I cannot justify paying 17 dollars for 7 keys for santa keys. Where do all of you get your keys?
I got some really cute ones at Michael's in the Dollar Find area. I bought all my store had at least a month ago, but two days ago they were restocked. They had maybe 15 or more keys. With a percent off your whole order coupon these could be a good price. They are a good size, solid key. There were several different styles and colors.
Judi
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-14-2011, 06:16 PM   #3442
Gallery Gazer

Here is a very cute idea. This lady sells them at craft shows. Any ideas on how she frosted the snowman's head??

Lighted Snowman - Stamp With Linda Walsh
Old 11-14-2011, 07:06 PM   #3443
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by smriti View Post
Diane you (and your sales!) always amaze me!! And kudos to you for juggling with a Masters, a full-time and craft fairs! I find them hard to do with just being a full-time employee so I wonder how you manage all three!
Awww..thanks!
The key is really being organized. I made most of my non-food items throughout the summer, and definitely before school started in September.
I use my profit to pay for next year's supplies - and the rest goes towards paying my tuition.

I didn't take any pics at the show..sorry! I get so caught up in it that I always forget.
p.s. I gave in and entered the show this weekend. It is Friday night and Saturday. My hubby encouraged me - he said he would staff the booth on Saturday if I had homework to do.
I could not do any of this without his support, for sure!
I have not done laundry in many months..and he puts up with scraps all over our home. We live in a condo so I have to be really organized and focused.

Congrats to others who had good shows on the weekend also.
Any profit is a good profit!
Old 11-15-2011, 04:25 AM   #3444
Polyshrink Goddess

My craft sale last weekend was great for me! I made a profit of just over $400, which is $100 better than last year at the same show. Here's the list of things that sold:

Snowman Chocolate bars - sold 17
Snowman Kisses - sold 11 (all I had)
Candy Sticks - sold 27
Snowman Soup - sold 21 (all I had)
Marble Coaster sets - sold 8
Hand Sanitizers - sold 6
Pencl Packs - sold 10
Tooth Fairy Tins - sold 8 (almost all my girl ones!)
Post It notepads - sold 5
Grocery Lists - sold 4
Calendars - sold 6
Recipe Holders - sold 6
Bag of Gift Tags - sold 9
Magnet Marbles (large) sold 56
Magnet Marbles (small) sold 51
Lip Balm Purses - sold 7
Wine Bottle tags - sold 4
Cards - sold 4 - these are never a big seller for me

My biggest sellers were the marble magnets. People are nuts for those! So weird! I have two more shows this weekend so I made more small ones but couldn't find anymore big ones.

Lots of people walked by saying how cute everything is, but didn't buy. One lady wanted more snowman soup, but I didn't have any. I meant to bring more but forgot one bucket full so only had 21 with me. And the sale was an hour away from home so I couldn't just run home and get them. Oh well!

I am also making more snowman chocolate bars and maybe some more coaster sets. I only have 5 left and I have two sales this weekend and another next week. I guess I better! lol

Congrats to all who had sales last weekend...both good and not so good. As someone said earlier, each sale is different. The weekend before I didn't sell one snowman chocolate bar, but last weekend I sold 17 so go figure! lol

Good luck to those having sales this coming weekend!

My sometimes neglected blog
Old 11-15-2011, 04:29 AM   #3445
Glitter Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAmomof2 View Post
and more...
i love your items..they all look so beautiful!! I am wondering where you find the old fashioned pictures you have as tags? They are great!
Old 11-15-2011, 07:28 AM   #3446
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftymomto2 View Post
Here is a very cute idea. This lady sells them at craft shows. Any ideas on how she frosted the snowman's head??

I see a cable at the back and seems to me like one of the christmas lights cable. So I think she put a small strand of christmas lights inside the ornament.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:31 AM   #3447
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeCraft View Post
Awww..thanks!
The key is really being organized. I made most of my non-food items throughout the summer, and definitely before school started in September.
I use my profit to pay for next year's supplies - and the rest goes towards paying my tuition.

I didn't take any pics at the show..sorry! I get so caught up in it that I always forget.
p.s. I gave in and entered the show this weekend. It is Friday night and Saturday. My hubby encouraged me - he said he would staff the booth on Saturday if I had homework to do.
I could not do any of this without his support, for sure!
I have not done laundry in many months..and he puts up with scraps all over our home. We live in a condo so I have to be really organized and focused.

Congrats to others who had good shows on the weekend also.
Any profit is a good profit!
I'm going to learn from you and do that from next year. Glad that you signed up for the next show and it's so nice of your hubby to help you out like that. I agree - it wouldn't have been possible for me to do this if my hubby wasn't so supportive. Sometimes he would take over the cooking so that I can craft non-stop. He also sits with me at the booth knowing that I would need him

All the best for your next show!
Old 11-15-2011, 07:33 AM   #3448
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeteens View Post
My craft sale last weekend was great for me! I made a profit of just over $400, which is $100 better than last year at the same show. Here's the list of things that sold:

Candy Sticks - sold 27
Hand Sanitizers - sold 6
Pencl Packs - sold 10
Grocery Lists - sold 4
Calendars - sold 6
Recipe Holders - sold 6
Lip Balm Purses - sold 7

My biggest sellers were the marble magnets. People are nuts for those! So weird! I have two more shows this weekend so I made more small ones but couldn't find anymore big ones.

Lots of people walked by saying how cute everything is, but didn't buy. One lady wanted more snowman soup, but I didn't have any. I meant to bring more but forgot one bucket full so only had 21 with me. And the sale was an hour away from home so I couldn't just run home and get them. Oh well!

I am also making more snowman chocolate bars and maybe some more coaster sets. I only have 5 left and I have two sales this weekend and another next week. I guess I better! lol

Congrats to all who had sales last weekend...both good and not so good. As someone said earlier, each sale is different. The weekend before I didn't sell one snowman chocolate bar, but last weekend I sold 17 so go figure! lol

Congrats Sandra!! That's awesome!! Thank you for sharing the list of items that sold!
Old 11-15-2011, 08:51 AM   #3449
Insane Embellisher

can I borrow somebody's supportive husband...I have a 2 day show this weekend...and I broke my ankle. This is one of those times I miss having a companion. I'm going to try and enlist a friend to help with set up and tear down. I've really learned how to work the crutches...so I think I'm good for the rest of the time...lol
Old 11-15-2011, 08:53 AM   #3450
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Candy Sticks - sold 27
Hand Sanitizers - sold 6
Pencl Packs - sold 10
Grocery Lists - sold 4
Calendars - sold 6
Recipe Holders - sold 6
Lip Balm Purses - sold 7

oh I really love how you guys have been listing the things that sell. Gives me hope. Congrats to everybody's sales this weekend.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:15 AM   #3451
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampnsk8r View Post
can I borrow somebody's supportive husband...I have a 2 day show this weekend...and I broke my ankle. This is one of those times I miss having a companion. I'm going to try and enlist a friend to help with set up and tear down. I've really learned how to work the crutches...so I think I'm good for the rest of the time...lol
So sorry to hear about your ankle Lisa! Hope you can get help and all the best with your fair! I too have one this weekend and I thought I'd everything ready for the fair but the more I read this thread the more I feel that I need to enhance my inventory and I keep adding to the to-do list
Old 11-15-2011, 10:47 AM   #3452
Compulsive Stamper

hi all,

for those who do the hot cocoa cones...do you put some kind of tag or saying on it?? Thanks for the help.
Old 11-15-2011, 01:12 PM   #3453
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftymomto2 View Post

Those are cute. If I had to guess, I would say its an Ivy bowl that she sponge painted the inside and then put a string of lights inside.
Old 11-15-2011, 01:21 PM   #3454
Glitter Queen

Aren't they cute!Ihave alot of ivy bowls(found them on Craigs list cheap). Those would be cute on the table.
Old 11-15-2011, 02:48 PM   #3455
Mad Swapper

I also think they are christmas lights , battery operated obviously.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:26 PM   #3456
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
My craft sale last weekend was great for me! I made a profit of just over $400, which is $100 better than last year at the same show. My biggest sellers were the marble magnets. People are nuts for those! So weird! I have two more shows this weekend so I made more small ones but couldn't find anymore big ones.
Congrats!
I am always interested when people love the mini marble magnets also.
What do you sell yours for?
I used to sell them 3 for $1 a couple years ago, but they sold like crazy. Now I sell them $1 each or 3 for $2 and they still sell.

I also make the 1" size and sell them for $2 each (used to sell for $1).
Old 11-16-2011, 05:16 AM   #3457
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeCraft View Post
Congrats!
I am always interested when people love the mini marble magnets also.
What do you sell yours for?
I used to sell them 3 for $1 a couple years ago, but they sold like crazy. Now I sell them $1 each or 3 for $2 and they still sell.

I also make the 1" size and sell them for $2 each (used to sell for $1).
I sell the small ones 8 for $1 and the bigger ones 5 for $1. I don't think I could sell them for more!

My sometimes neglected blog
Old 11-16-2011, 09:25 PM   #3458
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
I sell the small ones 8 for $1 and the bigger ones 5 for $1. I don't think I could sell them for more!
If they all sold fast - try 4 for $1 at the next show to see how they sell. That is how I increased my prices. I kept upping them and the kept selling very fast.
Old 11-17-2011, 03:06 AM   #3459
Glitter Guru

So, I just got my stuff back from an open house that my friend holds every year. She is a Tupperware consultant and she holds a holiday/open house show. I don't need to attend and she takes care of everything. I don't tend to do to many craft shows, in my area , they just don't do well. I do have one more the first weekend of December, so I need to make more things.
Here is what sold and prices.
Magnetic Bookmark set--$5--sold 4 (all I had and orders for 3 more)
Anti-bac holders--$3--sold 1(made 10)
Sand Dollar Frame--$10--sold 1--made 5
Jingle Shadowbox--$20--sold 1--made 6
Peace/Love/Cheer frames--$10--sold 2--made 6
Candle Gift set--$5--sold 1--made 1
Lip Balm Purses--$3--sold 8---made 8 (order for 6 more)
Owl Clothespin clips--$1--sold 9--made 9 (orders for 10 more)...could sell these all day, if i just had more!
Cards--$3 ea or 4/$10 or 10/$20--brought every Christmas card I had(didn't make any), but didn't count...box was full and its now half full!
Wine Tag--$2 ea or 6/$10--sold 8--made 18
Gift Card holders--$2 ea or 6/$10--sold 10--made 18
Christmas Tags--$2--sold 6--made 9...just collected up all the tags i had and bagged them!
Post it note keychain--$2.50 ea or 5/$10--sold 5--made 16
Candy Stix--$1.50 ea or 3/$4--sold 10--made 12
Tic Tac Snowman--$3--sold 3--made 6
Button Tree frame--$20--made one..didn't sell it, but my friend loved it, so I gave it to her and let her pick out as many Christmas cards as she wanted. I didn't make alot of stuff, but collected up the past years stuff. Leftovers from classes, samples and such. Made $210, about $100 more than last year's event, so pumped up! Oh and that doesn't count the orders for things....YAY!!
Old 11-17-2011, 04:22 AM   #3460
Inking Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendykins View Post
Here is what sold and prices.
Magnetic Bookmark set--$5--sold 4 (all I had and orders for 3 more)
Good job! Would you mind sharing how you made the magnetic bookmarks? I've looked for thin magnets, but the ones I've found have been very pricey.
Old 11-17-2011, 04:46 AM   #3461
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by am2106 View Post
Good job! Would you mind sharing how you made the magnetic bookmarks? I've looked for thin magnets, but the ones I've found have been very pricey.

Check out this link
The Stamping Studio Blog: Place marker - Book mark set

Used Designer paper, instead of stamping. I used thin magnet circles that I found at Michael's?

Had the cd cases laying around and just had fun playing with my paper!
Old 11-17-2011, 06:52 AM   #3462
Stazon Splitcoast

wendy great job.
curious-- owl clothespin? what does this look like?
and your button tree frame
i love to make what i call "tuck ins" for small christmas gifts. something a little extra on or in a small gift.
i don't do craft shows. just have a large family.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:16 AM   #3463
Rubber Obsessor

Default Good Luck

Hello everyone, Just had my first of the season craft fair. It went well. Didn't have a lot of time to make crafts but sold a lot of what I had. The Hersheys snowmen went fast. Made 21 sold them for $2.50 (didn't have time to put on scarves); the turkey pops went fast as well sold all 42 of them for $1 each. I made $261 up $80 from last year. So now I will make santa pops and reindeer pops and more hershey snowman. I also have Reindeer Poop, Grinch Pills, Elf Pillows, and Snowman Poop to make. For the snowman poop, I'm going to see how they sell if I dip the end of the mini marshmallow into melted chocolate. EWWW! I'll let you know how it goes. For all of you with supportive husbands, give him a hug for me. My husband shows his support by trying to stay out of my craft area and letting me take a nap at the end of the craft fair.

Also, I made some 2012 calendar and notepad tins but they are not selling well. I made 16 of them and have sold 3. I had to price them higher than last year because the tin cost $5. I may have extras if anyone is interested.

Lisa good luck with your ankle. Wendy, would love to see some pics of your owl clothespins and your marble magnets. Im loving the owl punch. Hope thats what you used.

Good luck everyone,
Maria

Last edited by stampinrealtor; 11-17-2011 at 07:20 AM.. Reason: Forgot a comment
Old 11-17-2011, 07:55 AM   #3464
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowcountry311 View Post
wendy great job.
curious-- owl clothespin? what does this look like?
and your button tree frame
i love to make what i call "tuck ins" for small christmas gifts. something a little extra on or in a small gift.
i don't do craft shows. just have a large family.
Sorry no pictures of both of these...let me describe.
Owl clothespin...make the Santa owl, with the owl punch, mod-podge a little strip of dsp onto the clothespin to color, glue the santa onto the clothespin, glue a magnet strip onto the back of the clothespin...VOILA...a magnet for the fridge and a cute little something to top a bag or present!
Button frame...a 8x8 shadowbox frame(Wally world), 8x8 peice of dsp and then approx 5x5 piece of of neutral, matted with a slighlty larger piece of dsp. Stamp the tree from Season of Friendship (SU) and use buttons as the leaves, in the colors of the dsp.
I searched for the link to the one I saw, but no luck...my google skills lack sorely!
Old 11-17-2011, 08:14 AM   #3465
Glitter Guru

Default found the photo

Just remembered that I had posted the button frame on Facebook. I did this for a class at my house awhile ago. Not a very good photo, but gives you an idea.
I tend to make alot of frames and home decore items...find they make pretty good craft show items...I try to keep them low in cost, so peole can pick them up for grab bag or the hard to buy for people. And then whatever is left, goes in my grab bags or hard to buy for people, LOL
Attached Thumbnails
269543_1808696589528_1603358161_31419718_1572213_n.jpg  
Old 11-17-2011, 04:30 PM   #3466
Inking Addict

Hi everyone! My one and only show is this weekend, and I need some pricing help!

I am trying some of the lip balm purses-what have they been selling for? Also, I made some of the turkey stand up mint favors that I found on here too. They are too cute! But, again, no clue how to price those.
Lastly-I made some of the plastic frame post it notes holders. Those are new for me too, and am not sure what to do on those?

Thanks for all the help and inspiration everyone! Good luck to anyone with shows this weekend. I normally do 3 but just didn't have the time to get ready this year, so am only doing the biggest one for me last year.

Maria H.
Old 11-17-2011, 05:12 PM   #3467
Gabfest Goddess

I am charging $3 for the lip balm/gift card purses. Don't know about anyone else. First sale is tomorrow!

Meow is kind of like Aloha. It can mean anything.
Old 11-17-2011, 05:27 PM   #3468
Stazon Splitcoast

I sold the Turkey Mint Favor for $1.75, buy wish I had asked more. They were a lot of work. I don't know about you, but I inked the stamp for his tail feathers TWICE using markers. Stamped once, cut it out and stamped it again using the SAMJ for placement. I chose to stamp both sides since I felt they would be used on the Thanksgiving table and I wanted them to look equally good from both sides. I sold 26 at the event and had an order for four more.

Hope you do well with yours.

Last edited by pamelak; 11-17-2011 at 05:31 PM..
Old 11-17-2011, 08:19 PM   #3469
Inking Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy H View Post
I am charging $3 for the lip balm/gift card purses. Don't know about anyone else. First sale is tomorrow!
Awesome, thanks for the info! Good luck tomorrow!

Maria H.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:21 PM   #3470
Inking Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelak View Post
I sold the Turkey Mint Favor for $1.75, buy wish I had asked more. They were a lot of work. I don't know about you, but I inked the stamp for his tail feathers TWICE using markers. Stamped once, cut it out and stamped it again using the SAMJ for placement. I chose to stamp both sides since I felt they would be used on the Thanksgiving table and I wanted them to look equally good from both sides. I sold 26 at the event and had an order for four more.

Hope you do well with yours.
Wow! I didn't do the backs of mine. It makes sense though-just hadn't thought about that. I used the baby wipe technique with the reinkers, so the stamping part wasn't too bad. It was the cutting out and the faces that took too long. I'm glad I asked though, I was thinking like $1.00 each-good to know they may go for a little more! Although the no back thing might reduce that some. Ugh-I never know what to do with these things!

Thanks so much for the response, I really appreciate it!

Maria H.
Old 11-17-2011, 10:33 PM   #3471
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampinrealtor View Post
So now I will make santa pops and reindeer pops and more hershey snowman.
PLEASE post pics of the santa and reindeer pops when done.
I cannot visualize what you might do.

For those who make owl Santa's. Are there pics anywhere? I was given the owl punch last year but have not used it at all yet.

thanks!
Old 11-17-2011, 11:03 PM   #3472
Pearl-ExPert

I'm charging the same for my lip balm purses, I made 40 of them......we'll see how they sell. My first sale is Saturday (the 19th) just 24 hours from now????????

Here's today accomplishments so far.............and I'm still going!
Attached Thumbnails
christmas-planners.jpg   cider-snuggies.jpg   hot-chocolate-snuggies.jpg  
Old 11-18-2011, 06:19 AM   #3473
Matboard Maniac

good morning...have 2 shows this weekend and just wanted to know what the going price was on snowman poop and snowman s'mores...just made 80 of each...whew =)
Old 11-18-2011, 07:26 AM   #3474
Crimping Master

I am charging 2.50 for my reindeer poop. The cost of the candy in it was 1.05. I sold all of them last weekend and now I have three days starting today. I made 30 more.

Lorri
Old 11-18-2011, 07:39 AM   #3475
Pearl-ExPert

Default Lip balm purses pricing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLH1966 View Post
Hi everyone! My one and only show is this weekend, and I need some pricing help!

I am trying some of the lip balm purses-what have they been selling for? Maria H.
I sold mine for $2.50 or 2/$4 and they flew off the table.

Congrats Wendy and stampinrealtor for your awesome sales!
Good luck to all those having fair this weekend (including me )
Old 11-18-2011, 07:44 AM   #3476
Die Cut Diva

Good luck ladies on your sales this weekend. I'm participating in one too but not for paper crafts. My friend has organized a Holiday Boutique at her church but she will be doing paper crafts. She knows I also sew so asked me if I wanted to participate with other items. (She doesn't want like item tables - which makes sense for a small boutique). I'll be selling aprons and kitchen towel/potholder sets. It felt so good pulling the sewing machine out - it's been awhile. I wish I had more time and I would have made more, but I figured, I'll make what I can. I'm also making/selling homemade salsa using a family recipe. My house smells so good with all the cilantro and garlic piled up on my kitchen counter. I'm doing that tonight so it's fresh.
Old 11-18-2011, 07:47 AM   #3477
Gabfest Goddess

I am going to start the lip balm purses at $3 or 2 for $5 - if they don't sell at that very quickly I will sell at $2.50 or 2 for $4. I just have a mini sale tonight then a 2 day sale in December.

FallnPetal, I love your snuggies. How much do you sell them for? Something to think about adding to my line for the December sale. . .

Meow is kind of like Aloha. It can mean anything.
Old 11-18-2011, 11:14 AM   #3478
Pearl-ExPert

Good luck to all of you with sales coming up! I'll be thinking of you when I'm sleeping in on Saturday morning, and thinking about whether I should craft or not! Actually I'll be cleaning the MESS that I made when I was crafting for sales. Now I need to craft for presents. Will it ever end?? And let's see pictures people of the projects you are making. Not all of us/you have galleries or the pictures aren't in there! I know I like to see what everyone is doing (so I can copy it next year!) And thanks to all of you who have shared your images, they are so fantastic! We should all be rich with the stuff we have made!

MY GALLERY
Old 11-18-2011, 01:54 PM   #3479
Insane Embellisher

I was having a hard time getting in the Christmas spirit...so I put Christmas music on my Pandora and now I'm working on beefing up my holiday card collections...

sorry for the poor pic

dscf2532.jpg

Thanks for the well wishes on the ankle...it's feeling much better and I've learned to get around my room without the use of the crutches...although they've come in handy when I wanted to reach something across the other side of the bed.

Mary...I'm a little jealous of you sleeping in Sat morning. Good luck to everybody else this weekend...Here's to lots of sales and many happy return customers.

Now...I'm going to close my eyes and pretend I'm roller skating to Christmas tunes before I start work on my next card...lol. Have a great afternoon all.

Grandma & the Reindeer Go Skating - YouTube
Old 11-18-2011, 02:07 PM   #3480
Rubber Obsessor

Default Does it make a difference?

I have a question. Do you think it make a difference if you cut your images on the outline or do you leave a mini white border around your images? I know it is faster to cut with a border. Do you suppose it translates into any difference as far as sales go?
Personally I like to precisely cut as I think it looks more professional. But when we think of the returns on that time, I wonder if it is worth it! (I also have posted a similar worded question over on the Tutorial forum if you want to know other answers assuming people respond!)