Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-02-2019, 09:17 AM   #7801
Rubber Obsessor

Hey everyone! Thanks for all the input on the Popcorn Snowmen! I already have the fleece but haven't been able to find Hershey bars at a decent price so I am going to try the Popcorn Snowmen for sure!

In previous years I have found the Hershey bars on clearance at the end of summer, as someone mentioned, but must have missed it this year!

I agree that most chocolate has a long expiration date. This year a friend found big bags of Easter Hershey kisses in pink, blue, light green and silver. I am using the pink, blue and silver for Frozen themed treat packages. I sell a ton of Frozen items (from the Disney Movie), as well as Star Wars and Super Hero.

I found a picture of Microwave Snowmen done with the gloves, which I am including here. I plan to use the fleece, as I already have it and have been trying hard all year to use up my supplies instead of buying new.

Anywho, happy crafting eveyone! ~ Tammy

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-15-2019, 11:08 AM   #7802
Stampin' Fool

I got some very nice hand creams for $1 from Sally Beauty clearance. This is what I made them in to.
Attached Thumbnails
low-res-1.jpg   low-res-4.jpg   low-res-5.jpg  
Old 10-15-2019, 12:15 PM   #7803
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeCraft View Post
I got some very nice hand creams for $1 from Sally Beauty clearance. This is what I made them in to.

Hey Diane,

For some reason I couldn't open up the picture - could be operator error
So I went to your facebook link and saw them there. Those are really nice looking, you did a great job! Are the hand creams a recent purchase? In other words, should I run to Sally's and try to find them? Haha!

I perused your pictures, you have such nice creations! I really like all those square magnets! I have a question, on those mini snowmen with the fleece hats - do you sew the hats or hot glue? Do you attach them to the little candy bars or will they stay on by themselves? I made those several years back but cut the fingers off of gloves. I haven't tried it with fleece. They look adorable.

I am recovering from this weekend - one of the two big craft shows I do. I am exhausted! Even though I have had a year of migraines, pain and fibromyalgia diagnosis, I still sold $2495 in items. I am very thankful!

Happy Crafting everyone! ~ Tammy
arlenevita and cookie1031 like this post.
Old 10-15-2019, 01:07 PM   #7804
Stazon Splitcoast

WOW
Old 10-15-2019, 02:06 PM   #7805
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZKitchencreations View Post
Hey Diane,

Are the hand creams a recent purchase? In other words, should I run to Sally's and try to find them? Haha!

I perused your pictures, you have such nice creations! I really like all those square magnets! I have a question, on those mini snowmen with the fleece hats - do you sew the hats or hot glue? Do you attach them to the little candy bars or will they stay on by themselves? I made those several years back but cut the fingers off of gloves. I haven't tried it with fleece. They look adorable.

Congrats Tammy on the sales!

No. Sally is unlikely to have any left. They were in spring. My daughter works there so gave me the heads up.

I always use hot glue on my snowmen. I love the way others make them look with sewing but I don't know how to sew. I wrap the bars first, then hot glue the hats to the wrapper, then tie them. Alot of work when you are doing a couple hundred. lol This year, I am only doing popcorn for the snowmen.

Thanks for the nice feedback!
Old 10-15-2019, 06:32 PM   #7806
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZKitchencreations View Post
Hey Diane,

I am recovering from this weekend - one of the two big craft shows I do. I am exhausted! Even though I have had a year of migraines, pain and fibromyalgia diagnosis, I still sold $2495 in items. I am very thankful!

Happy Crafting everyone! ~ Tammy

Wow! Would you mind sharing photos of your table/set-up? Just curious how much you had to make to be able to make that in sales! Congratulations!!!
Old 10-15-2019, 07:24 PM   #7807
Rubber Obsessor

Hey everyone,

Here are a couple pics to give you an idea. I want to clarify that I do the craft shows as a job, not just a hobby. I also work from home as a Professional Scorer, working contracts to score the handwritten essays for SAT/ACT College entrance exams. When I am not working these contracts, I am making items. I make an average of 3500 items for each show. This is my 12th year. I started out as a hobby and had a full time job. Over the years, I was able to pay off all debt and now work from home. I love it. I am not old enough to retire, so I must still work and craft around that schedule.

I have other photographs on here of my displays. The only craft show I do is unique. We rent our space, (I rent 3 spaces), and set up on a Friday night. The show is Sat and Sun, we tear down Sunday night. It is in a school, we fill the gym and cafeteria with vendors. We must have every item tagged with a perforated tag. Vendors do not stay at their booths. There is a central checkout that takes cash, credit/debit cards and checks. People get shopping baskets when they arrive and shop like they are at Wallmart, putting their items in the baskets and checking out at the central checkout.

The owners/organizers keep 15% of your sales. It suits my personality, as I do not like "selling" items. Every vendor has to work at the show in some capacity. I always work a shift each day on the cash register. The organizers do all the advertising in a variety of media sources, provide flyers and posters for us to distribute, provide the tissue and bags for items at the register. We can sell under their license. They cover all the taxes, credit card fees and bounced checks. I absolutely love it and their shows are the only ones I do. They have a mailing list of several thousands.

Old 10-15-2019, 07:43 PM   #7808
Rubber Obsessor

I make a huge variety of items. I set up in "displays" using 6 foot grid wall panels in a v shape. I also have 2 6 foot tables. This year I had the following displays:

Mallow Blasters (Marshmallow guns made with PVC pipe)

Car Gifts: Crochet Steering Wheel Covers and Car Coasters (little flower coasters which fit in car drink holders)

Paper Gifts: Bookmarks, Gift Card Holders, Rosettes, Composition Books

Star Wars: Crochet Edged Fleece Blankets, Crocheted hats, Bookmarks, Gift Card Holders, Magnet Clothespins

Superhero Display: Crochet Edged Fleece Blankets, Bookmarks, Gift Card Holders, Magnet Clothespins, Soda Can Ornaments, Handmade Gift Cards

Military Display: Crochet Edged Fleece Blankets, Bookmarks, Gift Card Holders, Photo Albums, Photo Holders (binder clip style)

Grill Display: Crocheted top dishtowels, Recipe Keepers, Meat Rubs

Cat Display: Crochet edged fleece blankets, Catnip Crochet cat toys, Photo albums, Handmade Greeting Cards

Dog Display: Crochet edged fleece blankets, Macrame Fleece Dog toys, Photo albums, Handmade Greeting Cards

Coffee Display: Crochet edged fleece blankets, Crochet Java jackets (hand protectors for to go cups), Coffee candy treats, Bookmarks, Handmade Greeting Cards, Gift Card holders

Breast Cancer Display: Crochet edged fleece blankets, Handmade greeting cards, Gift Card Holders, Bookmarks, Matchbook notepads

Frozen Display: Crochet Fleece Blankets, Elsa and Anna Hats, Bookmarks, Gift Card holders, Bon Bon Boxes filled with hershey kisses, Hershey Kiss treats

Kitchen Towels: Crochet top kitchen towels - These have been a mainstay since my very first craft show. People just love them!

Fall Display: Crochet Kitchen towels in fall theme, Handmade cards, Bon Bon boxes filled with candy corn, Candy Corn sticks (like M&M sticks), Crocheted potholders, Recipe keepers

On the tables, I have Crochet dishcloths, Crocheted Nylon Scrubbies, Horizontal Greeting Cards, Spa gifts (fuzzy socks, nail polish, lip balm, bath bombs), more generic photo holders, magnet clothspins

I also have a standing, spinning card rack. This year I made about 500 cards. I introduced Arizona themed cards and they were a huge hit! I highly recommend figuring out something special about your area and focusing on that - local college team, sports teams, animals etc. I made lots of things with Saguaro Cactus, since I live in Southern Arizona.

Anywho, this is just what I do and it works for me. I love seeing all your ideas! I use paper products in everything I make, especially tagging, packaging etc.

The shows I do also allow a free food area for vendors who rent spaces in the main areas. This is where I put homemade fudge, candy treats, teas and hot chocolate mixes. I usually sell around $400-$500 in food items.

Hope this gives you all ideas. Hope all of you have great success in your areas!

Happy Crafting! ~ Tammy
lindylou1220, DianeCraft and cookie1031 like this post.