Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-17-2019, 12:26 PM   #7721
Stampin' Fool

I have been so unmotivated so far this year. I am behind on getting started on building up inventory for the fall. I need to get my butt in gear!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
GRKIDDO likes this post.
Old 05-18-2019, 06:15 AM   #7722
Pearl-ExPert

Once your mojo kicks in Diane, it will be full steam ahead. Guess you are just waiting for inspiration to Hit with new ideas.Why not start on the smaller things that have been consistently good sellers....sort of no brainer items lol
Then once you kick into high gear you will already have these in your stash.
Old 05-24-2019, 08:42 AM   #7723
Pearl-ExPert

MY GALLERY
TPiser and cookie1031 like this post.
Old 05-24-2019, 08:43 AM   #7724
Pearl-ExPert

I saw the above tradeshow table cover on a facebook feed and thought it was kind of cool. The responses under it said that they had these on Amazon for about $15 - I don't know if its the exact one. Anything with a logo put on it was pricey. But plain not so bad. Might fit tables better, look nice, etc.

MY GALLERY
cookie1031 likes this post.
Old 05-24-2019, 08:52 AM   #7725
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by DianeCraftView Post
Funny that you say that. We had that exact thing happen this year with one of my most popular fairs. Earlier in the year, they sent our cheque back and basically told us the organizing staff left and nobody wanted to take it on.
It's a high school who has been running it for over 20 years and brings in about $20,000 for the school.
Customers and vendors alike were very upset. It screwed up my whole schedule and decreased my expected sales too.
Mostly I feel bad for the kids though.

One of our bigger churches in our area stopped doing their sale (for a while at least) because they could not find anyone to run it. And I can understand why. I was at a different fair with people who had used that other church for craft fair. And they were just 'bitches'! They were laughing how they yelled at the people putting on the fair, made one cry, just made their life miserable. That other church had bake sale items and they had a note in their vendor contract that you could not sell food type items. Well most of my stuff is candy so I could not have done the fair, and these cranky ladies sell a lot of the sale things I sell. They were told to remove their candy/food items and they threw a fit and refused. Or removed and put them back on the table when the people running the event left the room. It was just too much for them with all of the meanness from people. I was just shocked that they thought it was so funny and that they 'won'. I'm not a big fan of these ladies anyway (they blatantly steal ideas from me - and no they aren't my ideas but they come back the next year with the EXACT things that I do and undercut me a bit). But I told them I thought they were out of line, they signed the contract saying no food, so no food. If you don't like it, don't do your sales there. Plenty of other places to go.

MY GALLERY
Old 05-24-2019, 08:55 AM   #7726
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynnewithaneView Post
I also only do the one craft fair. It is handcrafted only.
I was sad that none of my mini purses with candy sold. But, I guess they’re too small for a teacher gift. They’re more like table favors, so I might try a sign with that for next year. My DD is a school counselor at a middle school, and wanted a little something for all of the teachers she interacts with. So, she took 30 of the purses, and I made 10 little bags for the men. That leaves about 20 purses to empty candy out of.
I feel like the craft fair I do, people are looking for something more substantial. People who make Woodcrafts for your front lawn do well. So do some of the jewelry makers.
I had some achristmas mugs in my stash, so I filled them with a single blueberry muffin mix, a novelty hot chocolate package, and a candy cane. Then I put them in a snowman clear bag, tied up with ribbon, and a handmade sentiment tag, as well as a To/From tag. Honestly, I don’t consider that handmade. But, I sold all but one of them.
Now I have a dilemma of making them again next year, or not.

I love those little purses and have done them for my sale, but I put a little chapstick type thing in there - Avon always has some for reduced price so I get them from them if I can. I don't sell for much, less than $3.00 if I remember right, but they usually sell. I don't make a ton, maybe 15 or so. I think they are super cute though. I'd buy them if I was shopping!

MY GALLERY
Old 05-26-2019, 07:56 AM   #7727
Pearl-ExPert

Default Craft sellers ideas and discussions

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrussomView Post
One of our bigger churches in our area stopped doing their sale (for a while at least) because they could not find anyone to run it. And I can understand why. I was at a different fair with people who had used that other church for craft fair. And they were just 'bitches'! They were laughing how they yelled at the people putting on the fair, made one cry, just made their life miserable. That other church had bake sale items and they had a note in their vendor contract that you could not sell food type items. Well most of my stuff is candy so I could not have done the fair, and these cranky ladies sell a lot of the sale things I sell. They were told to remove their candy/food items and they threw a fit and refused. Or removed and put them back on the table when the people running the event left the room. It was just too much for them with all of the meanness from people. I was just shocked that they thought it was so funny and that they 'won'. I'm not a big fan of these ladies anyway (they blatantly steal ideas from me - and no they aren't my ideas but they come back the next year with the EXACT things that I do and undercut me a bit). But I told them I thought they were out of line, they signed the contract saying no food, so no food. If you don't like it, don't do your sales there. Plenty of other places to go.

Sorry to hear this, but have to say in my experience not surprising as I have see this scenario myself.
I-have had people copy or try to copy my items in the past. This is easier for someone to copy if there is already instructions online easy to follow just a few minor adjustments and the copy cats think that’s okay. I don’t agree that’ll imitation is the greatest form of flattery. I say copy cats are lazy when they deliberately set out to copy because plain and simple..THEY are jealous.
This is not the case of two people showing up seeing something new online and both show up with similar items the first time idea came up on Pinterest for example
Here are things I have done in the past and have been successful. I started coming up with just my own original (really) ideas and Some vendors would ask where I got the pattern lol. Iknow that’s easier said sometimes than done, but my biggest sellers were just that......because it was not available for people to see online.
If I came out with something really different,I would make a ton like 50 or more and would go to a couple of craft sales and flood the market so to speak and be the first one with this item. If it was quick to make up maybe 100.this would be only I year. So next year copycats do not have as big a market and and I would have something new each year to add to my table for returning clients.I was told many times by buyers that they liked my items because they were different from a lot of other vendors. Even if working in the same medium. Some vendors will also keep selling same thing year after year without any variation and I believe that will only take you so far.

It’s hard to stay ahead of the pack especially when dealing with people like that, so you have to beat them at their own game. It’s also hard being across from someone who is not selling, and people are lined up at your table money in hand. Sometimes it is the case of their items not being as well made or materials being used. Whatever the case don’t let them drive you out because they want your sales.
I will say once I moved up to our Christmas Convention crafter seemed to respect each others hard work and you did not see this happening. Well only once when someone I knew copied another successful vendors product......talk of suing occurred, but the copycat had a father who was a lawyer and was able to advise her how to change her item enough so she was able to prevail.....it was nasty.

I agree you should not let there ladies push you out.
Old 05-28-2019, 12:56 PM   #7728
Rubber Obsessor

Hey crafters, I need help!

I am making clothespins with the magnets on the back but I am having trouble with the magnet strip sticking.

I have peeled the adhesive strip off and have tried E6000, hot glue, both do not stay. The glue sticks to the clothespin but seems to resist the magnet?

I then tried using tear and tape, I put some on the clothespin, then some on the magnet strip then stuck them together. They are holding better, but still, some are coming up, others are stuck?

Aaagrh!!! I made these last year, same clothespins, same magnet strips and the hot glue worked fine, so I am befuddled?

Anyone have any experience. The clothespins are painted one's that I got at Michael's and Joanne's.

Thanks, Tammy
Old 05-29-2019, 05:48 AM   #7729
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZKitchencreationsView Post
Hey crafters, I need help!

I am making clothespins with the magnets on the back but I am having trouble with the magnet strip sticking.

I have peeled the adhesive strip off and have tried E6000, hot glue, both do not stay. The glue sticks to the clothespin but seems to resist the magnet?

I then tried using tear and tape, I put some on the clothespin, then some on the magnet strip then stuck them together. They are holding better, but still, some are coming up, others are stuck?

Aaagrh!!! I made these last year, same clothespins, same magnet strips and the hot glue worked fine, so I am befuddled?

Anyone have any experience. The clothespins are painted one's that I got at Michael's and Joanne's.

Thanks, Tammy

Is the magnet strip the kind that comes all wound up in a circle? Not flat?? I had trouble with the circle kind, just wanted to stay a circle! So I cut little pieces out instead of using a long piece for the magnet. Then it worked. Try smaller pieces instead of one long piece?

MY GALLERY
Old 06-02-2019, 07:51 AM   #7730
Pearl-ExPert

FIP how did your boot sale go?
Old 06-02-2019, 01:05 PM   #7731
FiP
Kookie Creator

I didn't go, as I'd caught a cold in the previous week. They're planning another one for September, and then I won't feel odd about taking xmas cards! Thank you for asking!
DianeCraft likes this post.
Old 07-14-2019, 04:43 AM   #7732
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Hey everyone! I have been crazy busy making stuff for the crafts shows - my first one is in Oct. My regular jobs work schedule is very busy in the fall, so I really have to get everything ready ahead of time for all the shows.

I actually have to make items all year long in order to have enough for all 3 shows. I usually have about 3000 items - a variety.

I've crocheted the usual dishcloths, nylon scrubbies, dish towels and around the fleece blankets I sell, as well as the fun woven balls.

Since I'm still trying to use up the TON of paper I have, I've made these cute little matchbook style notepads - quick and easy!

These hot cider packets are always popular as well as the hot chocolate packets.

I made a bunch of these Sharpie's - for teachers and others.

I just learned how to make Rosettes (from Crafty Crafts by Deana) and am so happy to have a use for the ton of 2 inch strips of paper I have been saving! These are for the University of Arizona, which is located here in Tucson, AZ - always popular! Going to do Christmas one's too - sell as ornaments or package toppers.

Last year the coffee candles sold very well, so I am doing more this year as well as the cute cupcake candles!

A friend let me borrow this cute gable box die she got at Hobby Lobby, so I am going to sell "Bath Bombs" in them. Usually the "pamper/spa" products sell well, great stocking stuffers or coworker gifts!

I'll post more when I have time - Happy Crafting! ~ Tammy

Tammy
These are super cute! Love the bath bomb boxes! Do you remember where you got the sentiment?
Thanks for sharing!
JBgreendawn, craftymomto2 and cookie1031 like this post.
Old 07-14-2019, 04:52 AM   #7733
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Hi all!
My craft show season starts this weekend (9 shows in total)I am sharing what I did with the mini Tic Tacs you can buy at Dollar Tree:
Hi Diane!
Very cute!!!!
I made some mini tic tac holders and sold them at my craft show last year. They were a huge hit! I went to the dollar tree this year to stock up on the tick tacs and they appear to not be carrying then anymore!!!😕

Have you, or anyone, seen them in any stores?
craftymomto2 and cookie1031 like this post.
Old 07-14-2019, 08:58 AM   #7734
Rubber Obsessor

I just did a google search for "You're the bomb" bath bomb free printables and found these. Here is the link:

Christmas Bath Bombs Gift Idea for Friends – Fun-Squared

I also put another circle tag on the inside, which I found for free online:

Snowball Bath Bomb Printable Gift Tag • Whipperberry

I also tried some cute pink labels but the Christmas one's sold much better for me! Here's the link to the pink one's

DIY Heart Bath Bombs Recipe With Free Tag Printables

I usually have a whole section of "spa" type gifts - using fuzzy socks, nail polish, nail files, bath bombs etc. They always sell well.

Happy Crafting!

Tammy
Old 07-14-2019, 10:34 AM   #7735
Rubber Obsessor

Hey everyone!
I have been crafting away for the past few months! I made a bunch of new candy treat holders. I got the idea from kitchentablestamper.com.

smhtwin, DianeCraft, cookie1031 and 1 others like this post.
Old 07-14-2019, 10:48 AM   #7736
Rubber Obsessor

I've also been making tons of cards, still trying to use up the massive amount of paper that I have accumulated - haha! I have around 400. Here's a few samples. I found a gal on youtube, Alecia at callmecraftyal, and she makes bulk cards. I love her video's!

smhtwin, cookie1031 and Creative Crafter like this post.
Old 07-14-2019, 10:56 AM   #7737
Rubber Obsessor

I finally got magnets that worked for the clothespins!!! After wasting too much time and materials trying to make the big rolled up strip of magnets work (I flattened them, cut them in small pieces, tried E6000, Hot glue, tear and tape - ugh), I finally just bought new magnets at Walmart that come completely flat, already segmented into strips. I then used hot glue and they worked perfectly!!! Yay! I sold out last year, so I made more of the variety style and some new "theme" one's.

smhtwin, DianeCraft, cookie1031 and 1 others like this post.
Old 07-14-2019, 11:58 AM   #7738
Rubber Obsessor

Tammy, thanks for sharing the pictures of all your great crafts. I need some inspiration to get going on stuff for my Christmas shows & your pictures really help! Happy sales!
Old 07-14-2019, 01:35 PM   #7739
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

I just did a google search for "You're the bomb" bath bomb free printables and found these. Here is the link:

Christmas Bath Bombs Gift Idea for Friends – Fun-Squared

I also put another circle tag on the inside, which I found for free online:

Snowball Bath Bomb Printable Gift Tag • Whipperberry

I also tried some cute pink labels but the Christmas one's sold much better for me! Here's the link to the pink one's

DIY Heart Bath Bombs Recipe With Free Tag Printables

I usually have a whole section of "spa" type gifts - using fuzzy socks, nail polish, nail files, bath bombs etc. They always sell well.

Happy Crafting!

Tammy
You are the best Tammy thank you!!
Old 07-16-2019, 04:39 AM   #7740
Polyshrink Goddess

I have been trying to do things all year as it's a busy year for me (My daughter is getting married in October so nothing is going to be done, craft-fair-wise in that month)

My husband got a job in Saskatchewan, so we will be moving back home (as that's where I'm from), him in September me sometime next year (long story - kids etc). So this will be my last year for craft sales in Ontario. I may find some in Sask, but I'm not sure yet.

Keep on crafting, everyone! The season will be upon us sooner than we would like!

My Facebook page Live Love Stamp
lori92760 likes this post.
Old 07-16-2019, 04:59 AM   #7741
Insane Embellisher

This year has been tough as far as creating. I am not sure why.
Normally Christmas shows pay for Christmas gifts for my 2 kids. Last year my son admitted he no longer believed. My daughter never wants anything for Christmas or her birthday and has been that way since she was 6. She doesn't like people spending money on her. So I just kinda lost my Mojo.
My daughter (who will be 16 on Aug 1) and I are very close. This summer I finally allowed her to take a summer job. She is working at a Cub Scout camp that we have been going to for many years. She always comes with me and helps out with the cubs. She has been going for a week the past 7 years. For the past 3 years she has begged me to work there. As much as my heart said no, I know I had to let her spread her wings as they say. And it hurts. My son is here of course, but he prefers Video games over hanging with his Mom. Anyway, it has put a real damper on my crafting. I just have no desire some days to go into my craft room. Some days I can barely drag myself out of bed.
I forced myself to go in my room yesterday and I did get some stuff accomplished. I made up a bunch of pencil and eraser sets.
Last year I also bought some Smencils (scented pencils) on clearance really cheap, they worked out to be $0.15 a pencil. The kids schools sell them for about $1.50 each. I also got a pack of pencils with those big clunky erasers for cheap ($0.04 each). So those will be my next projects, figuring out a holder for them.
I am going to try to make something everyday. She comes home on Friday and we are going away for a week. 😊

I know everyone who has kids goes through sadness when their kids are older and getting ready to "fly the coop". My husband doesnt get it. He has worked overnights (14 hour days) since the kids were little so he doesnt see a whole lot of them anyway.
Sorry for the rambling. Just needed to get it out...
Old 07-16-2019, 01:31 PM   #7742
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by brookskarenView Post
Congratulations to those of you who participated in craft fairs. I know it feels good to finish the shows and move on to Christmas decorating and family events. I only did one this year at the same church I always do. I did very well since my highest priced item was $4.50 (cups with a pair of fuzzy socks + a mini Hershey snowman-sold all 20). Almost everything I make is a candy treat of some sort. I enjoy it, but just don't like to go past November with shows. I lucked out this year, though and sold my "leftovers" to a friend for $50. I just told her everything was $1 and she took it all. I was glad to not have to keep the stuff sitting here. My daughter did take a few things (prior to the friend's purchase) to give to the members on her teaching team, so my candy is now gone and I am a happy crafter!! Merry Christmas to all!
hi! Do you have a picture of the cups with fuzzy socks and snowman? I have a bunch of fuzzy socks and have no idea what to do with them. TIA
Old 07-16-2019, 02:00 PM   #7743
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Okay you guys, I just did this to try to tell you how to do it.

-Go to the "Quick Reply window"
-Click on the 7th icon from the left, the little square with a mountain looking thing
-It will give you options to upload your pictures. Since I save all mine on my laptop, I choose "Browse device".
-Then I go to my pictures file and click on the photo which I want to upload (mine highlights in blue)
- I click on "open" in the lower right hand corner
- A screen will appear which displays the loading process, when completed your photo will appear
- Click on "Insert" in the upper right hand corner
-Photo should appear, like this one below

I'm sure there are other ways, but this is pretty quick and easy.

Kirsten, you mentioned tea packets. I made these last year with the scallop tag topper punch and they sold like crazy. I made 100 and they sold out super fast. I sold them for $1. I got the inexpensive tea bags from Tuesday Morning and you can get 4 of these out of 1 sheet of 8 1/2 by 11 printed cardstock. As I said, I'm trying to use up all my hoarded cardstock and paper! I got all the tea sayings from google images except the "Keep Calm" and that was a stamp from Joannes. I just made 200 for this year. Many women bought 20 or more at a time for tea parties they were having. Also, pretty much anything with chocolate sells well. Just more thoughts.... ~Tammy

hi! love these tea bag holders! Would you share the directions, or where you found them?
Old 07-16-2019, 03:17 PM   #7744
Rubber Obsessor

Hi Allison - thanks! I have packaged tea bags for several years now and they always sell well!

These are super simple. I just used printed cardstock 8 1/2 x 11 and cut it into strips that measure 8 1/2 x 2 3/4. You can get 4 out of a piece of 8 1/2 x 11. I used the scalloped tag topper punch from Stampin up, but you could use any fun punch for the top. I stuck the tea bag inside with a glue dot and put a glue dot near the top to hold the two sides together. I was using up a ton of ribbon that I had, so I found it easiest to just tie little bows and stick them on with a glue dot.

This year I am doing two different versions (sorry, I don't have pics yet). I have a ton of the thin scrapbook paper so I used my envelope punch board and made 3x3 envelopes for each tea bag and wrapping them with crochet thread (kind of like baker's twine). I am also making a double pack one that holds two tea bags with individually wrapped cookie in between.

I'll post picks when I get a chance.

Hope this makes sense! Happy Crafting ~ Tammy
Old 07-16-2019, 03:46 PM   #7745
FiP
Kookie Creator

GRKIDDO - I can sympathize! When my kids were at school, I used to make thousands of crafty things for the school to sell. Then I continued with the joy of making lots and that's why I do the occasional markets for the past 10 years. Lately I've struggled with mojo as I don't think I'll do markets much longer (my young adult daughter will likely not be available to help). A friend runs fundraising for a local charity and I see that as my motivation into the future. I have acquired so much 'stuff', my room's a mess and I've been lacking the drive to sort it out- somedays I think I should just give it all away, what's the point, blah blah, but I do still love to create, I obviously just need a purpose behind doing so. Sorry for my rant, your post struck a chord...
Old 07-18-2019, 09:03 AM   #7746
Insane Embellisher

Default Empty Nest Syndrome

Quote:

Originally Posted by GRKIDDOView Post
Normally Christmas shows pay for Christmas gifts for my 2 kids. Last year my son admitted he no longer believed. My daughter never wants anything for Christmas or her birthday and has been that way since she was 6. She doesn't like people spending money on her. So I just kinda lost my Mojo.
My daughter (who will be 16 on Aug 1) and I are very close. This summer I finally allowed her to take a summer job. She is working at a Cub Scout camp that we have been going to for many years. She always comes with me and helps out with the cubs. She has been going for a week the past 7 years. For the past 3 years she has begged me to work there. As much as my heart said no, I know I had to let her spread her wings as they say. And it hurts. My son is here of course, but he prefers Video games over hanging with his Mom. Anyway, it has put a real damper on my crafting. I just have no desire some days to go into my craft room. Some days I can barely drag myself out of bed.
I forced myself to go in my room yesterday and I did get some stuff accomplished. I made up a bunch of pencil and eraser sets.
Last year I also bought some Smencils (scented pencils) on clearance really cheap, they worked out to be $0.15 a pencil. The kids schools sell them for about $1.50 each. I also got a pack of pencils with those big clunky erasers for cheap ($0.04 each). So those will be my next projects, figuring out a holder for them.
I am going to try to make something everyday. She comes home on Friday and we are going away for a week. 😊

I know everyone who has kids goes through sadness when their kids are older and getting ready to "fly the coop". My husband doesnt get it. He has worked overnights (14 hour days) since the kids were little so he doesnt see a whole lot of them anyway.

My kids dad worked long hours and then we divorced when they were 12 and 16. We are on great terms, both remarried and still do things as a family. He has always been great with the money but I have always been their go to. Any kind of news I am the first call. They are 28 and 32. The last one left years ago. Some days I still cannot wrap my head around it.

I work a full time and a part time job. And some times I am so lonely. This past Sunday, I had about 2 hours to spend in my pool. I laid there listening to the 3 families around me with their kids or their grown kids and grandkids and I just wept. My daughter lives out of town. My son is a critical care nurse and works 60 hours a week. Creating helps and there are times I have to force it. This is something I read way back when my daughter was first leaving for college. I still read it. Empty Nest Pt. 1: My Very Cool Roommate Is Moving Out… – | Rock+Paper+Music |

Keep on keeping on mama.
Old 07-23-2019, 02:43 PM   #7747
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Hi Diane!
Very cute!!!!
I made some mini tic tac holders and sold them at my craft show last year. They were a huge hit! I went to the dollar tree this year to stock up on the tick tacs and they appear to not be carrying then anymore!!!😕

Have you, or anyone, seen them in any stores?

I have not seen them lately.
I loved mine but sadly they did not sell as fast as I thought they would. I was shocked as they are simply adorable! lolol
Anyhow, I sold about half and thank goodness the expiry date was good so I can sell the rest this year.
I guess not everyone appreciates cute little things like us!
Old 07-23-2019, 02:46 PM   #7748
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

I finally got magnets that worked for the clothespins!!! After wasting too much time and materials trying to make the big rolled up strip of magnets work (I flattened them, cut them in small pieces, tried E6000, Hot glue, tear and tape - ugh), I finally just bought new magnets at Walmart that come completely flat, already segmented into strips. I then used hot glue and they worked perfectly!!! Yay! I sold out last year, so I made more of the variety style and some new "theme" one's.

These turned out really good. I love those flat magnets from Walmart. They are sturdy and reasonably priced.

I am unsure of what themes to go with this year for my items. I wonder sometimes about what is popular. It is so much harder when you don't have exposure to school age children.
I think Fortnite is a big deal now with the kids and perhaps I will give Frozen a go again this year. The new movie comes out near the end of craft season.
DK likes this post.
Old 07-23-2019, 02:51 PM   #7749
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

..I know everyone who has kids goes through sadness when their kids are older and getting ready to "fly the coop". My husband doesnt get it. He has worked overnights (14 hour days) since the kids were little so he doesnt see a whole lot of them anyway.

Oh ... can I relate to these mixed feelings! It had been up and down for me the past 4 years I would say. It feels like life stops when they leave. I found myself not really celebrating anything and have literally no photos for about 3 years - even when the child was there for the holiday!
There are benefits and things we miss. I still haven't figured it out yet but it is a grief/loss/change process and takes time.

Crafting is an outlet. Try to start doing something and see what sparks some happy feelings. Our adult children want to see us with true smiles of happiness and they are oblivious to our missing them (as it should be). But, boy .. don't we appreciate our own moms more now?!!
xo
Old 07-23-2019, 04:53 PM   #7750
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Oh ... can I relate to these mixed feelings! It had been up and down for me the past 4 years I would say. It feels like life stops when they leave. I found myself not really celebrating anything and have literally no photos for about 3 years - even when the child was there for the holiday!
There are benefits and things we miss. I still haven't figured it out yet but it is a grief/loss/change process and takes time.

Crafting is an outlet. Try to start doing something and see what sparks some happy feelings. Our adult children want to see us with true smiles of happiness and they are oblivious to our missing them (as it should be). But, boy .. don't we appreciate our own moms more now?!!
xo
Thanks for understanding!!!!
Old 07-29-2019, 12:53 PM   #7751
Stampin' Fool

Just finished some sets of tea gifts and put quotes in some 3x3 mini frames I had in my stash. Originally, I had envisioned adding embellishments to the frames but feel like it might ruin them now. Maybe I should just package them up cute?
lynnewithane, JBgreendawn and cookie1031 like this post.
Old 07-29-2019, 01:52 PM   #7752
Rubber Obsessor

Diane, I think the frames are cute as is, I don't think they need any embellishment. The tea packets are cute! I'm sure both will sell well.

Tammy
Old 08-02-2019, 12:22 PM   #7753
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

I am sorry you are sad! I think we all to some degree go through this when the kids get older. I have one, she is a mom herself now, and it was hard when she was younger and didn't 'want' me around as much. BUT then the grandkids come eventually (or sometimes they do) and they ROCK. They ALWAYS want grandparents around! I haven't been doing craft sales so my mojo for crafting has really gone away, and that bothers me a lot. My craft area is a disaster but hopefully I can get most of that tackled this weekend, because I really miss it. I do some crafty stuff with and for the grandkids to bring to school, for my kid to use for presents and I always kick myself that I don't have baskets of fun stuff made up for benefits that I see going on. I have to justify spending money on the products some how and by doing this as gifts/donations, I can justify it (only to me, but still I need to justify spending money on stamps, etc!). I hope you get your mojo back, though.

MY GALLERY
Old 08-11-2019, 01:35 PM   #7754
Polyshrink Goddess

I need some craft fair advice, please. I've purchased and downloaded some images that I plan to print and frame to sell at a craft show. I'll be using 5x7 and 8x10. Do you think it would be best to offer each image in both sizes or offer some designs in 5x7 and other designs in 8x10? Thanks for your suggestions!
Old 08-11-2019, 04:38 PM   #7755
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by delightfuldaisyView Post
I need some craft fair advice, please. I've purchased and downloaded some images that I plan to print and frame to sell at a craft show. I'll be using 5x7 and 8x10. Do you think it would be best to offer each image in both sizes or offer some designs in 5x7 and other designs in 8x10? Thanks for your suggestions!

Hi Janna,

Without seeing the images, I think I would probably have a variety, printing some in each size and making some horizontal and some vertical, to fit different people's decor.

I assume this is your first time trying this, so I would do the variety and see what people choose, then you could probably switch out prints or print new sizes and switch them to different sized frames once you have an idea of your customer base. Does that make sense?

In my area (Southern Arizona), people buy a lot of prints in frames that look distressed. The crafters buy inexpensive wooden frames and then use chalk paint to paint them, then sandpaper to "distress" them.

Happy Crafting! ~ Tammy
Old 08-11-2019, 05:00 PM   #7756
Polyshrink Goddess

Yes, Tammy! That's what I'm doing as well. Purchasing frames at yard sales, thrift stores then painting and distressing. That's a good suggestion. I'll do a variety and see which sells best. Thanks for your input!
Old 09-01-2019, 07:41 AM   #7757
Pearl-ExPert

Quiet here, I guess everyone’s mojo is kicking into gear for Fall and Christmas sales.
Old 09-01-2019, 07:58 AM   #7758
Glitter Queen

Default 2019 craft sale items

Because I have substantial quantity from last year which I will "beef up" to sell this year, I have only 2 or 3 new (gift) items I am offering: Luminaria, Folded 5x7 cover with note cards and A7 envelopes, then some covered Hershey nuggets (packaging to be determined). I will have 6 new designs of Christmas cards. The leftover inventory will be made into either gift baskets or "mystery brown/decorated" bags. Any other ideas for the 2018 inventory?

Old 09-01-2019, 10:26 AM   #7759
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

This is the video tutorial I used to get the measurements for these nail polish sets. There are several other on youtube.

This youtube gal, kitchentablestamper does a lot of cute items for craft fairs.

~Happy Crafting! Tammy
THANK you Tammy!!
Old 09-01-2019, 10:44 AM   #7760
Insane Embellisher

So my daughter finally came home from summer camp. We went away, camping in MD and my son got Pnemonia. 😕 We went away a few weeks later in our RV (a 2019 we bought in July) my hubby is backing into the drive and I see something was up with the tire. Upon closer look the tire is worn down to the metal along the inside edge of the tire! Call the dealer. They came and picked it up and they have had the trailer since! (Since August 8th). The axle somehow got bent! The dealer claims that the Axle company declined the repair under warranty. We finally get in touch with the axle company ourselves who tell us there was never a claim submitted!! We canceled our last 4 camping trips for this year. And we are STILL waiting for answers!
A week ago my 13 yo son dislocated his knee. He has been hobbling around with an immobilizer when he isnt laying on the couch with ice. He went for an MRI on Wednesday. We found out on Thursday that he damaged the cartilage in his knee and he will need surgery. We meet with the Surgeon on Sept. 23. Meanwhile my daughter started a new school, a charter school which takes kids based on a lottery. Since she was going into 11th grade there was a very short waiting list. She went from a school that had a graduating class of 750+ to a school with a graduating class of 70! It has been an adjustment, especially since she didnt get half of her assignments until the Friday before school started (she started on Tuesday the next week). Then last week I was chomping on some hard candy and broke a molar! Went to the dentist on Monday, the ordered a root canal. I was lucky to get in the following day and a procedure that normally takes about 45 minutes took 2 hours! The dentist couldnt find one of the nerves I guess. Then they decided they would build my tooth back up while I was there. I go back on the 16th for a crown. My son starts school on Tuesday and since he is on crutches and has to keep his leg straight and elevated I will be driving him back and forth to school every day at least until after recovery from surgery.
So we went from a slow Summer to a crazy end of summer!

I usually craft at night after the kids go to bed but I have been running around trying to everything else that I am ready for bed by 9:30! I really am ready for some normalcy!

Anyway I love the ideas I have been seeing! I hope to be able to add some myself soon !!