In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-23-2018, 08:04 AM   #7601
Mad Swapper
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,935
Default

I notice this thread is not as active as past years. I assume we are all busy making product.
canada goose is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 02:24 PM   #7602
Insane Embellisher
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 767
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeCraft View Post
Have a question for my crafty friends. I saw these on Pinterest and want to try to make them. Does anyone know how? I can't seem to find a tutorial.
I think it might be acrylic or oil paint as background color and the (oil?) paint on tiles maybe using paint pens. Or a nozzle on top of paint bottle. And perhaps some kind of glaze on top? Not sure.
I think I can manage the lettering styles but just want to see how they are made.
Anyone have input?

Thanks


It reminds me of this line of kits. I bought them for my teenage nieces and they loved them - there are so many ways to make them personalized: Craft-tastic – Inspire Poster Kit – Design a One-of-a-Kind Freeform Poster - Google Search
__________________
My little gallery: https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/g...&ppuser=122120
Skippet is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 07:25 AM   #7603
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick
 
JBgreendawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: So. Oregon
Posts: 97,850
Default

well, since I only do cards, tags a few packaging things, now is the time of year I start to look at what I have amassed this last year and make changes and go into stamp like a crazy chick mode.

but, really I think for the most part I have room for maybe 1 dozen more Christmas cards and everything else is in good shape, so I bit the bullet and orders another pack of the paper bitty coffee cups and lids again and will do some of those as they did go over very well for me last year but, I still have it in the back of my mind that I will see them in a bunch of the other booths this year
__________________
~Stacy

My Blog
JBgreendawn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 04:29 PM   #7604
Stampin' Fool
 
DianeCraft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 1,426
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBgreendawn View Post
but, really I think for the most part I have room for maybe 1 dozen more Christmas cards and everything else is in good shape, so I bit the bullet and orders another pack of the paper bitty coffee cups and lids again and will do some of those as they did go over very well for me last year but, I still have it in the back of my mind that I will see them in a bunch of the other booths this year

I think the same every year but so far no competition. I think it's because you have to order 1000 at a time and from US which makes it more complicated. I am still only halfway through my box. This year, I think I am going to make some of those gift card holders with cups.
__________________
Diane
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Inspi...82211095136032
DianeCraft is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
maryp and JBgreendawn like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 06:27 AM   #7605
Embossing Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 61
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBgreendawn View Post
well, since I only do cards, tags a few packaging things, now is the time of year I start to look at what I have amassed this last year and make changes and go into stamp like a crazy chick mode.

but, really I think for the most part I have room for maybe 1 dozen more Christmas cards and everything else is in good shape, so I bit the bullet and orders another pack of the paper bitty coffee cups and lids again and will do some of those as they did go over very well for me last year but, I still have it in the back of my mind that I will see them in a bunch of the other booths this year

I think I missed the start of this thread---what are you doing with tiny coffee cups with lids?
Thanks
Colleen
Dove13 is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 08:01 AM   #7606
Mad Swapper
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,935
Default

Regards tiny coffee cups, I would suggest you make them stand out from any others you are competing with.

There are a lot of creative ideas out there on these little guys.
canada goose is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
maryp likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 04:39 PM   #7607
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick
 
JBgreendawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: So. Oregon
Posts: 97,850
Default

well, you cover the outside of the cup with pretty paper and in my case I just tie on ribbons or lace and a sentiment to them and stick them in a clear envelope with a sticky seal like cards with envelopes.


here is a link to a blog post I did about them last year.
Stacy's Memory Triggers: Mini Coffee Cups
__________________
~Stacy

My Blog
JBgreendawn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
maryp, cookie1031 and bzzzeee like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 06:40 AM   #7608
Embossing Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 61
Default

Thanks so much for the link to actually see what these cups look like! They are quite cute.
Dove13 is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
JBgreendawn likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 06:44 PM   #7609
Stampin' Fool
 
DianeCraft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 1,426
Default

Cups wrapped in patterned paper and decorated.
__________________
Diane
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Inspi...82211095136032
DianeCraft is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
maryp, lindylou1220, cookie1031 and 1 others like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 03:37 AM   #7610
Gabfest Goddess
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Land of the Free
Posts: 7,825
Default

Trying to figure out a price for the little purses filled with candy. Also trying to decide if they should be put in a clear bag.
The purse is a lot of work, relatively speaking. I bought a big bag of Halloween candy, but the purses are for a Christmas fair. I can fit four pieces of candy.
Im attaching a picture, but still need to add a sentiment to them.
Attached Thumbnails
6d6f5a18-d180-465b-b037-69dda8f3d8d9.jpg  
__________________
S2S2018. $ 17.00
lynnewithane is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
maryp and JBgreendawn like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 05:40 AM   #7611
Polyshrink Goddess
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 515
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBgreendawn View Post
well, you cover the outside of the cup with pretty paper and in my case I just tie on ribbons or lace and a sentiment to them and stick them in a clear envelope with a sticky seal like cards with envelopes.


here is a link to a blog post I did about them last year.
Stacy's Memory Triggers: Mini Coffee Cups

Just visited your blog and you are so creative! Your booth set up is gorgeous! I don't do craft fairs, but I do like to go to them and would be very drawn to your booth. Do you fill your mini coffee cups with candy, or leave them for your customers to fill with gifts, as you mentioned on your blog? I like to make small gifts for the staff at my folks' assisted living center and am wondering where you order the clear envelopes? They look like they'd be taller than A2 size? I ordered the mini cups and lids last year and haven't used them yet!
bzzzeee is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 07:14 AM   #7612
Rubber Obsessor
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 118
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnewithane View Post
Trying to figure out a price for the little purses filled with candy. Also trying to decide if they should be put in a clear bag.
The purse is a lot of work, relatively speaking. I bought a big bag of Halloween candy, but the purses are for a Christmas fair. I can fit four pieces of candy.
Im attaching a picture, but still need to add a sentiment to them.


Hey Lynn,

My first question would be how much did your candy cost per piece? I'm guessing around 35 to 40 cents for all 4 pieces? Maybe less? I also can't tell exactly how big the purses are?

I would say try $3-$4? I would definitely advertise these as gift card holders with candy already added.

I have made similar items and know the work involved, however, I've found people don't want to pay a lot for a "candy holder" even if it includes candy, that's why I would see these as gift card holders, with a treat included. Or, you could also try selling them as gift card holders, empty, maybe some paper shredds, for less?

Or, if they don't sell with the candy, you could try nail polish or lip balm?

Just throwing out ideas! They are cute and I hope they sell well!

~ Tammy
AZKitchencreations is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
maryp and bzzzeee like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 07:47 AM   #7613
Mad Swapper
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,935
Default

The little purses could also hold Hershey nuggets. Funny how some people can sell all kinds of candy and hot chocolate other places they are not popular.
Good example are the wrapped Hershey nuggets in cello bags with all types of creative wrappers on them to catch the eye.

I have also seen 3 nuggets wrapped in three different colored gingham or country print then stack and tie up with twine. It looks like a mini stack of books....so cute.

You can also cut a circle to put on the top of your cup with sentiment or any type of embellishment

I think the larger cups can be decorated as a gift card holder . If I recall you cut a slit in the top of the cup and insert the go half way in. You could add your greetings or whatnot inside the cup. Obviously not something you could wrap.

I would have one on display with an old card in it to show people what they are. These could be wrapped to indicate any type of occasion. I.e. birthday paper or Christmas. This is a take off on the old snowman soup idea so popular in the past.
P
You could also crimp some kraft paper for a band around your plain white cup to resemble a coffee cup. And put Wherthers coffee flavoured candy inside the little ones. Then put a coffee sentiment on the top or front of the cup
I.e if it’s a thank you. “Thanks a latte” or any number of the many coffee sentiments out there. For those that have Stampin Up coffee suite dsp you are ahead of the game.
canada goose is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
maryp, cookie1031 and bzzzeee like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 08:50 AM   #7614
Polyshrink Goddess
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 515
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnewithane View Post
Trying to figure out a price for the little purses filled with candy. Also trying to decide if they should be put in a clear bag.
The purse is a lot of work, relatively speaking. I bought a big bag of Halloween candy, but the purses are for a Christmas fair. I can fit four pieces of candy.
Im attaching a picture, but still need to add a sentiment to them.

Your purses are super cute and I can definitely appreciate all the work you put into each one. I would pay $3-4 for one, even without the candy. I like the idea of using them as gift card holders, or presenting them both ways (in case someone wants a little gift for a friend or co-worker, teacher, etc.) If you did some without candy, it would be pretty inexpensive to put a flat greeting panel inside, maybe a greeting layered on a coordinating color. The gift giver could add a gift card, cash, candy, etc. Just some thoughts! Let us know what you decide and how it works out! Good luck!
bzzzeee is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
maryp likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 11:42 AM   #7615
Mad Swapper
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,935
Default

Not sure of the size of your purse, but the ones I have made would not hold a gift card easily without a little manouvering. I must try putting one in mine to double check this.

Several years back I make a smaller version just big enough to hold a single nugget. The right size for secret Santa gift. These also lend themselves to a lot of variations. My one concern would be the amount of time to make one as opposed to a quicker “bread and butter” item.if they have not been seen in your area I would try some and see how it goes
canada goose is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
maryp likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 12:54 PM   #7616
Stampin' Fool
 
DianeCraft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 1,426
Default

[QUOTE=lynnewithane;21727306]Trying to figure out a price for the little purses filled with candy. Also trying to decide if they should be put in a clear bag.
The purse is a lot of work, relatively speaking. I bought a big bag of Halloween candy, but the purses are for a Christmas fair. I can fit four pieces of candy.
QUOTE]

I agree with others at pricing $3 to $4. I might reduce the amount of candy in to keep costs down.

I have sold these before but did not wrap them in cello. If you don't want people opening them (and ripping the paper), you could wrap a piece of clear cello vertically to keep them closed. I have done that. Then, when I see people trying to figure out the cello, I direct them to one sample purse which is sitting open on the table (usually they don't see it themselves!)
__________________
Diane
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Inspi...82211095136032
DianeCraft is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
maryp, JBgreendawn and cookie1031 like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 01:53 PM   #7617
Mad Swapper
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,935
Default

I agree have one on hand for a sample as you do not want your products to look “ shop worn”
canada goose is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 02:55 PM   #7618
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick
 
JBgreendawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: So. Oregon
Posts: 97,850
Default

I love those purses and yes, I think I'd start at 4.00 with perhaps 3 pieces of candy and some shredded paper ( like basket filler shred)



(which is what I put into the cups, some crimped shredded Easter paper and 3 Werthers coffee hard caramels) and I charge 3.00 for them.

and yes, anything that is something to open or play with I have one sample and the rest are bagged. I just tell people it will keep the dust off it until they are ready to gift it out.

(which also keeps the fingerprints and coffee drips off them from shoppers )

the clear bags I have the cups in are slightly too narrow to hold an A6 sized card/envelope combo so they are in the 4X6 range rather than the almost 5X7 range. ( envelopes are bigger than cards and you need wiggle room, when I was first buying clear bags I bought some assorted sizes to use for tags and different things besides cards and so)
__________________
~Stacy

My Blog

Last edited by JBgreendawn; 10-08-2018 at 02:58 PM..
JBgreendawn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
maryp and bzzzeee like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 05:38 PM   #7619
Gabfest Goddess
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Land of the Free
Posts: 7,825
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZKitchencreations View Post
Hey Lynn,

My first question would be how much did your candy cost per piece? I'm guessing around 35 to 40 cents for all 4 pieces? Maybe less? I also can't tell exactly how big the purses are?

I would say try $3-$4? I would definitely advertise these as gift card holders with candy already added.

I have made similar items and know the work involved, however, I've found people don't want to pay a lot for a "candy holder" even if it includes candy, that's why I would see these as gift card holders, with a treat included. Or, you could also try selling them as gift card holders, empty, maybe some paper shredds, for less?

Or, if they don't sell with the candy, you could try nail polish or lip balm?

Just throwing out ideas! They are cute and I hope they sell well!

~ Tammy

Good guessing! $0.36 for four pieces.
Last year, I had the mini cotton stockings from My Paper
Pumpkin filled with candy (more than than 4 pieces). Someone bought all of them for her co-workers, so I was trying to think of a similar idea.
I will indeed put them in a clear bag with ribbon, and one to see.
A gift card will fit on an angle, but not an obvious presentation.
Maybe I’ll do some without candy and present them as gch.
__________________
S2S2018. $ 17.00

Last edited by lynnewithane; 10-08-2018 at 05:44 PM..
lynnewithane is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
maryp likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 07:12 AM   #7620
Pearl-ExPert
 
mrussom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,475
Default

I"m not doing sales again this year but I sure am missing it. I love seeing all of your ideas. I have made the mini cups before and they sold well at my sales, I just put some candy in there. They are different and cute and so very tiny - people were drawn to them. And I have made those little purses as well. I had lip balm in there (got a deal through Avon otherwise Dollar Store). And when people looked at them I told them that a gift card fit in there, had one open as an example with those fake cards you get that are cardboard. I use those a lot at sales to show gift card holders. I sold all of the ones I made because the person buying could do lots of things with it, candy, lip balm, gift cards, small items. Plus, cute! They are kind of putzy to make though. It always takes me a few tries to get it right, I over think putting it together and then I get totally lost. Once you do one though, they all go together quickly.

Good luck with all of your sales ladies (and gents if there are any in the thread!)
__________________
~~ MARY ~~

MY GALLERY
mrussom is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
maryp and bzzzeee like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 12:01 PM   #7621
Polyshrink Goddess
 
threeteens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Just north of Whoville in Guelph, Ontario!
Posts: 521
Default

Well, if you can believe it, I'm almost ready for my sales in November! First one is November 3. I had to bust my butt earlier this year as I am doing a card class for a group of ladies next week (which I do every year but usually in November and I bring my crafty goodies to sell as well). They moved it to October due to people usually being sick etc in November (which I was last year) but they only moved it if I would have items to bring to them to sell, otherwise they would have left it in November. Isn't that sweet? They love my stuff so much they want to ensure I'll be ready for them!

The only thing I haven't finished is the Reindeer Food, which I don't take to them anyway.

Good luck to everyone who has sales this year!
__________________
Sandra

My sometimes neglected blog
threeteens is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
maryp, lindylou1220, lynnewithane and 4 others like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 09:43 PM   #7622
Stampin' Fool
 
DianeCraft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 1,426
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeteens View Post
Well, if you can believe it, I'm almost ready for my sales in November! First one is November 3. I had to bust my butt earlier this year as I am doing a card class for a group of ladies next week (which I do every year but usually in November and I bring my crafty goodies to sell as well). They moved it to October due to people usually being sick etc in November (which I was last year) but they only moved it if I would have items to bring to them to sell, otherwise they would have left it in November. Isn't that sweet? They love my stuff so much they want to ensure I'll be ready for them!

That is so awesome! You will have to let us know how it goes.
Can you share some pictures?

I am in crunch time trying to finish a bunch of things still but most of the bigger things are ready. My first small show is in 2 weeks.
Started adding pics to my Facebook page though. Honestly, the pics take a long time to set up and look nice with lighting. I hate that part!
__________________
Diane
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Inspi...82211095136032
DianeCraft is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
maryp and cookie1031 like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 09:41 AM   #7623
Polyshrink Goddess
 
threeteens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Just north of Whoville in Guelph, Ontario!
Posts: 521
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeCraft View Post
That is so awesome! You will have to let us know how it goes.
Can you share some pictures?

I am in crunch time trying to finish a bunch of things still but most of the bigger things are ready. My first small show is in 2 weeks.
Started adding pics to my Facebook page though. Honestly, the pics take a long time to set up and look nice with lighting. I hate that part!
It went well! I didn't sell much but that's ok. It didn't cost me anything! I have posted pictures to my gallery under 2018 Craft Sales. I don't have everything in there as I couldn't upload some of the pics. But it gives you an idea anyway
__________________
Sandra

My sometimes neglected blog
threeteens is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
maryp, DianeCraft and cookie1031 like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 07:07 AM   #7624
Matboard Maniac
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 349
Default

Sandra, I took a look at your gallery to see your cute projects. Very nicely done! I noticed the cocoa packs with the little bags of marshmallows. Where do you get those? I have never seen them already bagged. I think I could "get away" with using them for treats for my youngest grand daughter's class since they aren't candy. I realize that you may have gotten them from a store we don't have here, but please share your source if possible. Thanks!
Karen
brookskaren is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
maryp likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 05:29 AM   #7625
Polyshrink Goddess
 
threeteens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Just north of Whoville in Guelph, Ontario!
Posts: 521
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookskaren View Post
Sandra, I took a look at your gallery to see your cute projects. Very nicely done! I noticed the cocoa packs with the little bags of marshmallows. Where do you get those? I have never seen them already bagged. I think I could "get away" with using them for treats for my youngest grand daughter's class since they aren't candy. I realize that you may have gotten them from a store we don't have here, but please share your source if possible. Thanks!
Karen
I found them at Wal-Mart in Buffalo! They were on sale for 30 cents each back in August. I can't remember what aisle I found them in though.
__________________
Sandra

My sometimes neglected blog
threeteens is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
maryp likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 06:09 AM   #7626
Matboard Maniac
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 349
Default

Thank you for letting me know where to look for the bagged mini-marshmallows. I'll check our Walmarts here. It sounds as if you got a good deal! I hope you do well at your sale.

Karen
brookskaren is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
threeteens likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 04:11 PM   #7627
Stampin' Fool
 
DianeCraft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 1,426
Default

Hi all!
My craft show season starts this weekend (9 shows in total)I am sharing what I did with the mini Tic Tacs you can buy at Dollar Tree:
__________________
Diane
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Inspi...82211095136032
DianeCraft is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
maryp, lynnewithane, threeteens and 4 others like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 05:29 PM   #7628
Polyshrink Goddess
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 515
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeCraft View Post
Hi all!
My craft show season starts this weekend (9 shows in total)I am sharing what I did with the mini Tic Tacs you can buy at Dollar Tree:
Absolutely adorable! Best of luck with your shows!
bzzzeee is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
maryp, Dove13 and DianeCraft like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 07:43 AM   #7629
Polyshrink Goddess
 
threeteens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Just north of Whoville in Guelph, Ontario!
Posts: 521
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeCraft View Post
Hi all!
My craft show season starts this weekend (9 shows in total)I am sharing what I did with the mini Tic Tacs you can buy at Dollar Tree:
Adorable! I never thought to use colours other than blue! I made these too, but just with blue paper. Next year they will be different colours!

Good luck with your sales! Mine start next weekend (five in total)
__________________
Sandra

My sometimes neglected blog
threeteens is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
maryp likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 09:42 AM   #7630
Rubber Obsessor
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 118
Default

Diane, those tic tacs are adorable! Am I the only one that doesn't know how you made them? I can't seem to enlarge the picture to see what the little thing on the back says? Is it a printable or paper piecing? Is there a tutorial? How much do you charge for them? I would think they are popular sellers!

I had my first craft show last week and sold almost $2,700, my best show ever! I am super thankful, as my regular job of contract work has been slow! Those clothespin magnets I showed before were super popular. I have another show next weekend but have been sick with a cold - bleh!

Happy crafting everyone! ~ Tammy
AZKitchencreations is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
maryp, lindylou1220, jejenc and 4 others like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 03:07 PM   #7631
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick
 
JBgreendawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: So. Oregon
Posts: 97,850
Default

Tammy, I hope you are feeling better, those tic tacs are super cute Diane
__________________
~Stacy

My Blog
JBgreendawn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
maryp and AZKitchencreations like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 06:03 PM   #7632
Kookie Creator
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Delaware
Posts: 437
Default

Just wanted to wish good luck to everyone who is doing shows this weekend!
stamp2themax is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
maryp likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 09:43 PM   #7633
Stampin' Fool
 
DianeCraft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 1,426
Default

Found this link today for cute snowmen faces:
46 Snowman Faces - Printable - NorthPoleChristmas.com
__________________
Diane
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Inspi...82211095136032
DianeCraft is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
maryp and Pamala like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 09:54 PM   #7634
Stampin' Fool
 
DianeCraft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 1,426
Default

The face is one of the Gina Marie snowman faces from a purchased download. I just resized it real small and used circle punch.
The rest is actually "old school" paper pieced with circle punches glued in place.
The hat was clipart that I resized super small and then used my ScanNCut to fussy cut.
They weren't quick to make but I put them together at work on night shift during slow times so I didn't mind all the detail work.

The poem is one I modified to make it shorter. Just changed the words around a bit to something I liked.

I haven't decided on a price yet. These are the minis so just a small pack of candy. They cost .55 cents each to make in product costs only. Ideas??

I will post as an attachment and see if they show up any clearer.
Attached Thumbnails
working-images1.jpg   low-res2a.jpg  
__________________
Diane
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Inspi...82211095136032
DianeCraft is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
maryp, lindylou1220, cookie1031 and 1 others like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 03:23 AM   #7635
Gabfest Goddess
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Land of the Free
Posts: 7,825
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZKitchencreations View Post
Diane, those tic tacs are adorable! Am I the only one that doesn't know how you made them? I can't seem to enlarge the picture to see what the little thing on the back says? Is it a printable or paper piecing? Is there a tutorial? How much do you charge for them? I would think they are popular sellers!

I had my first craft show last week and sold almost $2,700, my best show ever! I am super thankful, as my regular job of contract work has been slow! Those clothespin magnets I showed before were super popular. I have another show next weekend but have been sick with a cold - bleh!

Happy crafting everyone! ~ Tammy


We need a “wow” button.
Congratulations on the huge sales!
__________________
S2S2018. $ 17.00
lynnewithane is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
maryp likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 06:01 AM   #7636
Polyshrink Goddess
 
threeteens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Just north of Whoville in Guelph, Ontario!
Posts: 521
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeCraft View Post
The face is one of the Gina Marie snowman faces from a purchased download. I just resized it real small and used circle punch.
The rest is actually "old school" paper pieced with circle punches glued in place.
The hat was clipart that I resized super small and then used my ScanNCut to fussy cut.
They weren't quick to make but I put them together at work on night shift during slow times so I didn't mind all the detail work.

The poem is one I modified to make it shorter. Just changed the words around a bit to something I liked.

I haven't decided on a price yet. These are the minis so just a small pack of candy. They cost .55 cents each to make in product costs only. Ideas??

I will post as an attachment and see if they show up any clearer.
Diane, I am charging $2.50 for mine as the tic tacs alone were .88 cents. You could charge $2 but I think you should charge at least $2.50
__________________
Sandra

My sometimes neglected blog
threeteens is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
maryp likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 07:28 AM   #7637
Stampin' Fool
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,411
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZKitchencreations View Post
Diane, those tic tacs are adorable! Am I the only one that doesn't know how you made them? I can't seem to enlarge the picture to see what the little thing on the back says? Is it a printable or paper piecing? Is there a tutorial? How much do you charge for them? I would think they are popular sellers!

I had my first craft show last week and sold almost $2,700, my best show ever! I am super thankful, as my regular job of contract work has been slow! Those clothespin magnets I showed before were super popular. I have another show next weekend but have been sick with a cold - bleh!

Happy crafting everyone! ~ Tammy

Wow! Congrats on your success! Do you have any photos you can share of your booth? I'm curious how much items you'd have to sell to make that much. I haven't heard of anyone making that much! Also did you price your items on the high end or low end and what city are you from? I've participated in probably 8-10 craft fairs since joining SU! and have never even come close. This year I signed up for 4 fairs! (Usually I don't do more than 2). Trying some new ones to see if they have more traffic. One more question, hope you don't mind. What do you think is the main key that drew in your sales - product you are selling, your social interactions with your customers, the craft fair itself (did well with marketing and had tons of people come in), or other???
stampermomof2 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
maryp likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 08:47 AM   #7638
Rubber Obsessor
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 118
Default

Diane,

Thanks for the new pics and all the info! Those are really cute and I love that they are snowman kisses and not snowman "poop". I've just never liked the whole "poop" line of products I've seen - just me, I know lots of people love them, but not my style

I think I could only get $1.50 for them here, but maybe you can get more? Hope your show goes well!

~Tammy
AZKitchencreations is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
maryp likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 09:17 AM   #7639
Rubber Obsessor
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 118
Default

Thanks to all for your kind words and well wishes!

To clarify, this is my 11th year of doing shows and it is a source of income for me. This means that I work on crafts all year long and that it has grown over the years, in both volume of items I make and sales.

I have posted pictures of my booth set up - page 171 and explained how the show works - page 181, but will recap.

I live in southern Arizona. I absolutely love the company that organizes the shows I do. They are unique in that they use a central checkout system. This means that every vendor rents space and tags each of their items with perforated tags. Vendors do not stay at their booths. A few do, and it is "allowed" but most have found that sales are higher without them there. I personally do not like "selling" my items so it works well for me.

This year I made over 3500 items and sold a little over 1000 items at this Oct show. We set up on Friday night, show is Sat and Sun, tear down Sun at 4. Customers get a handheld shopping basket when they enter and walk around the booths, selecting items. They then checkout at a central checkout. Each item's tag is perforated, the bottom half is torn off, which has the vendors info. Within a few days after the show, vendors receive all of their tags back with a check for the amount they sold. The organizers keep 15% of sales.

The 15% covers ALL advertising, using all types of media sources (physical signage all over town, advertising in local news sources, homeowners association newsletters, facebook and other social media as well as ALL flyers and posters for vendors to distribute). The 15% also covers the business license, so you don't have to have your own, the tissue and bags used at the checkout. Customers can pay using credit/debit, cash or check. The owners also have boy scouts available to help vendors set up and tear down as well as help customers carry out items to their cars.

I absolutely love the way this show is run. My sales have grown each year as I have expanded my offerings. I currently rent 3 spaces (10x14 each). I use a grid wall and tables set up and also have a spinning rack card display.

I make a variety of items including a lot of papercrafting (greeting cards, gift card holders, bookmarks, notepads, treat holders and holders for items like lip balm etc.) I also crochet and sell a ton of dishcloths, nylon scrubbies, kitchen towel toppers, hats etc.

I've expressed on here before that for me, I have found the most success with selling "consumable" items, NOT just food items or packaged treats, but things that get "used up" and need to be replaced. Items such as dishclothes, scrubbies, gift card holders etc. I also sell a lot of gift items for pets, which get torn up, hairy and slobbered on and need replaced.

Most of my items are below $10, which many items in the $1 to $5 range. I have also found great success with "themed" items. I currently have a display of Superhero gift items which includes: handmade greeting cards, soda can ornaments (with Avengers on them), fleece blankets with crocheted edging, gift card holders, bookmarks and treats. I do similar displays for Coffee lovers, Breast Cancer, Military etc. I also use a ton of signage, not only saying what the item is but suggesting ways to use it or who it would be a great gift for - "Great stocking stuffer or coworker gift" or "Great teacher gift" etc.

So, I hope this helps answer some of the questions. I know many on here are paper crafters and SU demonstrators etc. I use papercrafts in everything I do, from actual items, like gfit card holders and treat holders to ALL of my labels, signs, tags etc.

Hope everyone's shows go well! Happy crafting! ~Tammy
AZKitchencreations is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
maryp, JBgreendawn, stampermomof2 and 2 others like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 09:23 AM   #7640
Stampin' Fool
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,411
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZKitchencreations View Post
Thanks to all for your kind words and well wishes!

To clarify, this is my 11th year of doing shows and it is a source of income for me. This means that I work on crafts all year long and that it has grown over the years, in both volume of items I make and sales.

I have posted pictures of my booth set up - page 171 and explained how the show works - page 181, but will recap.

I live in southern Arizona. I absolutely love the company that organizes the shows I do. They are unique in that they use a central checkout system. This means that every vendor rents space and tags each of their items with perforated tags. Vendors do not stay at their booths. A few do, and it is "allowed" but most have found that sales are higher without them there. I personally do not like "selling" my items so it works well for me.

This year I made over 3500 items and sold a little over 1000 items at this Oct show. We set up on Friday night, show is Sat and Sun, tear down Sun at 4. Customers get a handheld shopping basket when they enter and walk around the booths, selecting items. They then checkout at a central checkout. Each item's tag is perforated, the bottom half is torn off, which has the vendors info. Within a few days after the show, vendors receive all of their tags back with a check for the amount they sold. The organizers keep 15% of sales.

The 15% covers ALL advertising, using all types of media sources (physical signage all over town, advertising in local news sources, homeowners association newsletters, facebook and other social media as well as ALL flyers and posters for vendors to distribute). The 15% also covers the business license, so you don't have to have your own, the tissue and bags used at the checkout. Customers can pay using credit/debit, cash or check. The owners also have boy scouts available to help vendors set up and tear down as well as help customers carry out items to their cars.

I absolutely love the way this show is run. My sales have grown each year as I have expanded my offerings. I currently rent 3 spaces (10x14 each). I use a grid wall and tables set up and also have a spinning rack card display.

I make a variety of items including a lot of papercrafting (greeting cards, gift card holders, bookmarks, notepads, treat holders and holders for items like lip balm etc.) I also crochet and sell a ton of dishcloths, nylon scrubbies, kitchen towel toppers, hats etc.

I've expressed on here before that for me, I have found the most success with selling "consumable" items, NOT just food items or packaged treats, but things that get "used up" and need to be replaced. Items such as dishclothes, scrubbies, gift card holders etc. I also sell a lot of gift items for pets, which get torn up, hairy and slobbered on and need replaced.

Most of my items are below $10, which many items in the $1 to $5 range. I have also found great success with "themed" items. I currently have a display of Superhero gift items which includes: handmade greeting cards, soda can ornaments (with Avengers on them), fleece blankets with crocheted edging, gift card holders, bookmarks and treats. I do similar displays for Coffee lovers, Breast Cancer, Military etc. I also use a ton of signage, not only saying what the item is but suggesting ways to use it or who it would be a great gift for - "Great stocking stuffer or coworker gift" or "Great teacher gift" etc.

So, I hope this helps answer some of the questions. I know many on here are paper crafters and SU demonstrators etc. I use papercrafts in everything I do, from actual items, like gfit card holders and treat holders to ALL of my labels, signs, tags etc.

Hope everyone's shows go well! Happy crafting! ~Tammy
Sounds like a fabulous set up! Thanks for all the information and helpful tips! Again, congratulations!!!
stampermomof2 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
maryp and lindylou1220 like this post.
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off