Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-04-2018, 12:56 PM   #7521
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZKitchencreations View Post

I usually make some kind of tea pack for Christmas and charge $2 to cover costs of tea/supplies and clear plastic bag.
I like yours as they are so simple.

Do you seal them shut with glue or do they have a closure of some kind??
Also wondering what type of tea you use. I have sold Earl Grey and Chai and Green before. Someone always wants the one that isn't used! lol

Here is a pic one of my styles:
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
maryp likes this post.
Old 05-04-2018, 12:59 PM   #7522
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Kirsten,
Here's another idea. I made these little gift sets last year and they sold very well. I used the little Stampin up gussetted bags (3x6) and the nail polish and mini emery boards were from the Dollar Tree.

Do you have a tutorial for this bag/topper idea?
I have some mini hand creams which I think would be great for this configuration.

Thanks!
Old 05-04-2018, 02:09 PM   #7523
Rubber Obsessor

Diane,

Here's where I got the idea for the little gusseted bags/topper for the nail polish.

FEATURE FRIDAY VIDEO - Sneak Peek Halloween!!! - A Stamp Above

There are a few video's on youtube and they all use the same dimensions, just decorating them differently.

Tea Treats - I started making the kind like you make, which I think are adorable but I they used more materials (paper/ribbon) than I wanted to use and were much more time consuming. As you've probably already figured out, I'm all about simple - haha! Well, really, I try to find the simplest way to make and package items where I can charge a reasonable price.

I use glue dots to stick the tea bag on the inside and to hold it closed at the top. It's sturdy enough but easily opens I also use a glue dot to attach the ribbon bows. I attach a tag on the bag. As you probably remember, the shows I do have a central checkout and I do not stay at my booth, so everything must be tagged so shoppers can just put in their shopping basket and take to the register.

I buy the tea assortment boxes at Tuesday Morning. One contains 8 different flavors, 96 total, both green and black (Lemon, pomegranate, raspberry roibus, earl grey etc) and the other one is a Christmas set with 120 bags in it, with fun Christmas flavors in black and green teas (Silent Night, Breakfast Blend, Apple Cinnamon etc.) I don't know if they have Tuesday Morning Stores in Canada? I would charge more if I had to use more expensive tea bags.

Last year, every single one sold. Since I didn't speak with most of the people who purchased them, I'm guessing they just picked flavors that they liked or thought someone else would like? I label each tag with the type of tea inside so people can easily tell what they are selecting. I also display them in clearly labeled bins.

I also wanted to recommend to everyone one here, the youtube channel from Lyriclover810. She has been doing craft show series for a few years now and has great ideas.

Happy Crafting! ~ Tammy
maryp, brookskaren, JBgreendawn and 2 others like this post.
Old 05-05-2018, 10:14 AM   #7524
Kookie Creator

Tammy, what are the dsp measurements and score lines for the tea bags? Since you said you used the scallop topper punch, I guessing the width is 2" but am not certain. I also can't tell if you scored the bottom to allow for the bulk of the tea bag. I think these would sell well for me, too, and I hope to try two events this Christmas. I'm just slow at getting things made because I am too particular! Thanks for your help.
Old 05-05-2018, 11:07 AM   #7525
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookskaren View Post
Tammy, what are the dsp measurements and score lines for the tea bags? Since you said you used the scallop topper punch, I guessing the width is 2" but am not certain. I also can't tell if you scored the bottom to allow for the bulk of the tea bag. I think these would sell well for me, too, and I hope to try two events this Christmas. I'm just slow at getting things made because I am too particular! Thanks for your help.

The cardstock measures 8 1/2 x 2 3/4. I fold it in half. You have to put both ends of the paper into the punch and look through the back to center it. I actually figured out the exact spot and then marked the front of my punch with masking tape, as a guide, since I punched out 200 of these! I hope this makes sense. After you punch it, you will have two little strips that you need to cut off. I found it easiest on my hands to do it pressing down on a table instead of just holding in my hands.

This worked for all the tea bags I used, but check your tea bags first as some do come in a wider shape.

Hope this helps - Tammy
brookskaren likes this post.
Old 05-05-2018, 09:48 PM   #7526
Kookie Creator

Thank you, Tammy, for providing the dimensions and directions. It makes sense to me now. I thought tea bags were a bit wider than the 2" punch, but I couldn't figure out how it looked "right" if that was the case. I'll try it out soon since I am making bookmarks for Mother's Day with that punch for my Sunday School class. Thanks again for your help!
Old 05-07-2018, 01:33 PM   #7527
Glitter Guru

Hershey Nugget trays for teacher gifts. Starting on June “holidays” for a local artisan store I bring items too

maryp, AnniePanda, DianeCraft and 1 others like this post.
Old 05-07-2018, 01:55 PM   #7528
Glitter Guru

Here are the graduation candy/money boxes. The grad cap holds a smarties that is hopefully wrapped in cash for the graduate. The other box is a pop up gift card holder with a life saver wrapped in dsp. Every month I bring in a few items to commemorate that months holidays or celebrations

maryp, brookskaren and AZKitchencreations like this post.
Old 05-17-2018, 12:56 PM   #7529
Rubber Obsessor

Hey everyone! I am thinking of trying these for this year's craft shows. Has anyone tried anything liken this? I sell a lot of teacher gift items and was thinking of doing them in teacher paper, etc. The sharpie markers (either regular or highlighters) are kind of expensive but.... Anyone have any input? ~ Tammy

Dove13 likes this post.
Old 05-17-2018, 02:16 PM   #7530
Inking Addict

It looks like a great idea. However, I have never seen anything with highlighters/markers at craft fairs. Let us know how they work out for you.
Old 05-17-2018, 04:18 PM   #7531
Watercolor Wizard

I think it’s a cute idea. What would you charge?
As a retired high school teacher, I can tell you that I love supplies. Of course, you’re selling to parents, not teachers.
Old 05-17-2018, 04:57 PM   #7532
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

I love the sharpie holder gifts
(and I would add 2.00 to the cost of the pen for materials idea so? ( 3.00? )

It's all about the packaging.

My Blog
Old 05-17-2018, 06:48 PM   #7533
Rubber Obsessor

I was thinking $2 to $2.50. I don't think I'd pay more than that, and that's usually my guide. I can get the sharpies in bulk on Amazon. The rest of the supplies I already have and am still trying to use up the ton of paper I have - haha!

I do sell to parents for teachers but I've done a lot of special orders for teachers for their classes or coworkers, etc.

So, I think I'll probably try them and see how they go. ~Tammy
maryp and TeeGeeDee like this post.
Old 05-18-2018, 06:53 AM   #7534
Kookie Creator

Tammy,
I think your Sharpie treat is a great idea. I may make a few myself. As a retired elementary teacher, I know a gift like this would be much more appreciated than another coffee cup! I used Sharpies all the time at school, and still use them at home. Another idea is to use a dry erase marker. I may try a few of those at the craft fair I do just before Christmas. If you wait for back-to-school sales, you can get Sharpies, highlighters, and dry erase markers at good prices. For the sale I do, $2-2.50 would be about right.
maryp likes this post.
Old 05-18-2018, 08:05 AM   #7535
Die Cut Diva

Tammy
LOVE the Sharpie idea. Places like CostCo & BJ's usually have Sharpies in packs of 24 or 36 and the cost comes to about .66 cents each. Might want to try there to get them in bulk.
Old 05-18-2018, 08:58 AM   #7536
Rubber Obsessor

Thanks everyone for the input and encouragement! I'm going to try them, as they really don't use much paper at all. I have found the sharpies on Amazon for about 50 cents each and I'm happy with that. I may wait until school supplies come out....

Also, I've watched several video's from the youtube channel "Paperedchef" and like a lot of them. She does a lot of items that would be great for craft shows - recommend watching for ideas.

~Tammy
Old 06-03-2018, 04:09 PM   #7537
Insane Embellisher

Very nice tea bag holders!
I also like the nail polish sets! I bought a SLEW of nail files snd lotions on clearance but I have yet to do anything with them
Old 06-03-2018, 04:13 PM   #7538
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Kirsten,
Here's another idea. I made these little gift sets last year and they sold very well. I used the little Stampin up gussetted bags (3x6) and the nail polish and mini emery boards were from the Dollar Tree. You could easily add a "Mother's Day" type tag, which could be switched out later. I sold mine like this at my shows in Oct, Nov and Dec and they almost sold out. I sold them for $3.75 but I bet in some area's you could sell them for more. They are more bulky to store if they don't sell,but you could easily put them out at your fall/Christmas shows to sell. ~Tammy
Did you make up this tutorial? I would love to try it for the lotions if you wouldnt mind sharing?
cookie1031 likes this post.
Old 06-03-2018, 06:08 PM   #7539
Rubber Obsessor

This is the video tutorial I used to get the measurements for these nail polish sets. There are several other on youtube.

This youtube gal, kitchentablestamper does a lot of cute items for craft fairs.

~Happy Crafting! Tammy
Old 06-03-2018, 08:03 PM   #7540
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
This is the video tutorial I used to get the measurements for these nail polish sets. There are several other on youtube.

Halloween Gusseted Treat Bag - YouTube

This youtube gal, kitchentablestamper does a lot of cute items for craft fairs.

~Happy Crafting! Tammy
Thank you Tammy!!!
Old 06-14-2018, 01:07 PM   #7541
Stampin' Fool

They just opened a Hubby Lobby in the town I shop in just across the border in US. Very happy about this as they always have nice Christmas tags and accessories.
Yesterday, when I went to the store, they even had Christmas ribbons out .. lol. I think maybe they were using them as filler because not all the shelves were filled with inventory. The store is very large and sits in part of what used to be a Costco location (it moved).
I understand they have coupons in flyers. Can I locate those online somewhere?
Old 06-14-2018, 01:51 PM   #7542
Stampin' Fool

If you download the app called "Retail Me Not" they usually have 40% off coupons there. Happy Shopping!
DianeCraft likes this post.
Old 06-14-2018, 01:57 PM   #7543
Rubber Obsessor

Hey Diane, I love Hobby Lobby! You can sign up at Hobbylobby.com to get their weekly ad emailed to you and I have the Hobby Lobby app on my phone, so I just show that when I shop there. I'm assuming you could get the app?

Some tips on shopping there - from what I can tell they run their sales on a schedule, and the sales are really great, like 50% off, oftentimes. So what this means is, if you miss the sale, the exact same sale will happen in the same week, the next month. Does this make sense? So, I think most of their paper products (Paper Studios brand) are on sale for 50% off the first week of each month. You should be able to plan your shopping trips this way.

Also, they always have a 40% off coupon, which is available on their app or you could print it out from the website. The secret is that you can use it on an item that is on sale for less than 40%, like fabric. You just tell them you want to use the coupon and they will charge you full price, then take off the 40% off coupon amount. I do this all the time on fabric because it's always 30% off. So I can use it and get 40% off of one cut of fabric.

They only take their coupons. Period.

I love them because they have unique items that no one else has. And it's always a very pleasant, calm shopping experience - it's always clean, neat and has calm music playing.

Enjoy ~ Tammy
maryp and DianeCraft like this post.
Old 06-14-2018, 02:30 PM   #7544
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeCraft View Post
They just opened a Hubby Lobby in the town I shop in just across the border in US. Very happy about this as they always have nice Christmas tags and accessories.
Yesterday, when I went to the store, they even had Christmas ribbons out .. lol. I think maybe they were using them as filler because not all the shelves were filled with inventory. The store is very large and sits in part of what used to be a Costco location (it moved).
I understand they have coupons in flyers. Can I locate those online somewhere?
They recently opened one about 30 minutes from me. I went not long ago with my mom. They have a lot of non-craft items as well.
I did pick up some patterned paper, their selection is far better then our .s or ACM. And my close Js doesnt really have papercrafting anymore. They carry the cricut and accessories, which makes absolutely no sense....
Old 06-18-2018, 10:45 AM   #7545
Mad Swapper

Default do wine bottle hang tags

sell well at craft shows? Thanks!
Old 06-18-2018, 12:19 PM   #7546
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by edie3 View Post
Wine bottle tags...I have bever tried them but I would be interested in knowing how they do.
Old 06-18-2018, 12:20 PM   #7547
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by edie3 View Post

I have never tried to sell them so not sure. I don't see others selling them though so they might go over well as a unique item
edie3 likes this post.
Old 06-18-2018, 03:02 PM   #7548
Rubber Obsessor

I have never tried them but have considered making them, since they wouldn't use many supplies. I also saw a cute idea from scrapdaworld on youtube where she bought the little mini bottles of sparkling cider and made cute tags for them.

Let us know how it goes! Tammy
edie3 likes this post.
Old 06-18-2018, 04:22 PM   #7549
Inking Addict

Default Wine tags

I tried them one year...Not much interest. Difficult to know how to price. HOWEVER, I may try them again this year.

Marketing ideas: HOSTESS for New Year's; WELCOME TO THE NEIGHBORHOOD...I'd hoped to interest Realtors, gifts to clients at closing. Might try again. Customers are fickle year to year.
edie3 likes this post.
Old 06-18-2018, 06:57 PM   #7550
Insane Embellisher

There are a lot of cute wine stamps out there!!! Maybe make a couple of styles and see!

Good luck!!!
edie3 likes this post.
Old 06-30-2018, 05:04 AM   #7551
Crimping Master

Default looking for kiss pattern

I'm wondering if any of you happen to know if there is a pattern for a hershey kiss snowflake like the tree, heart etc that were out a few years ago.
My friend is having a winter wedding and i thought these would make great favors.
Old 06-30-2018, 06:20 AM   #7552
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftsrlb View Post
I'm wondering if any of you happen to know if there is a pattern for a hershey kiss snowflake like the tree, heart etc that were out a few years ago.
My friend is having a winter wedding and i thought these would make great favors.
You might look here: Home | Qbees Quest If you don't see what you are looking for, e-mail Brenda, she is super nice and helpful!

My blog: www.maryscraftroom.blogspot.com
TexasGrammy and craftsrlb like this post.
Old 06-30-2018, 08:04 AM   #7553
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftymomto2 View Post
You might look here: Home | Qbees Quest If you don't see what you are looking for, e-mail Brenda, she is super nice and helpful!

Haha! Mary, I was just typing that exact same thing! This is where I've seen all the cute hershey kiss ideas! Brenda Quintana has great ideas!

Here's the link when I searched for "kisses" on her website.

Search Results kisses

I would think you could do one of the basic little tents and put a punched snowflake on the front? Maybe in glitter paper or whatever the wedding colors are?

~ Tammy
craftymomto2 likes this post.
Old 07-02-2018, 02:45 PM   #7554
Stampin' Fool

Sharing some cute coffee themed ideas:
AZKitchencreations likes this post.
Old 07-03-2018, 11:09 AM   #7555
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Haha! Mary, I was just typing that exact same thing! This is where I've seen all the cute hershey kiss ideas! Brenda Quintana has great ideas!

Here's the link when I searched for "kisses" on her website.

Search Results kisses

I would think you could do one of the basic little tents and put a punched snowflake on the front? Maybe in glitter paper or whatever the wedding colors are?

~ Tammy
That would be a cute idea..maybe add a sentiment, "sharing some kisses from the Mr and Mrs"?
bzzzeee likes this post.
Old 07-03-2018, 11:11 AM   #7556
Insane Embellisher

[QUOTE=DianeCraft;21681068]Sharing some cute coffee themed ideas:
[/QUOTE
😕 I cant see them! Maybe because I am in my phone?
Old 07-03-2018, 11:13 AM   #7557
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Sharing some cute coffee themed ideas:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4iSB8YnP1Uw" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Thats what it was! I requested desktop and now I see them!!! Thanks Diane!
DianeCraft likes this post.
Old 07-03-2018, 11:31 AM   #7558
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRKIDDO View Post
That would be a cute idea..maybe add a sentiment, "sharing some kisses from the Mr and Mrs"?

That is such a cute idea!!
Old 07-03-2018, 05:13 PM   #7559
Stampin' Fool

I have been working on planning ahead for some craft fair things. I made up a bunch of paper pieced Santa and Penguins. These are embellishments I wish I had on hand when craft season crunch time comes around. I always want something cute that looks like it takes a long time so people will pay more for the little things
These will probably be for hot chocolate packs or some treat item. I am considering adding some glitter

(sorry for the poor image quality - it's just a snap from my phone)
Old 07-03-2018, 05:36 PM   #7560
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
I have been working on planning ahead for some craft fair things. I made up a bunch of paper pieced Santa and Penguins. These are embellishments I wish I had on hand when craft season crunch time comes around. I always want something cute that looks like it takes a long time so people will pay more for the little things
These will probably be for hot chocolate packs or some treat item. I am considering adding some glitter

(sorry for the poor image quality - it's just a snap from my phone)
These are just precious! Great job!!