Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Unread 05-29-2012, 03:44 PM   #3961
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrussom View Post
I love those key chain fobs - very pretty. I'm sure they would sell at a sale.

I had those wire crates too, and I got rid of mine (before I started sales!). I do that a lot, can't see the use of something, get rid of it (and trust me I keep EVERYTHING it seems like) and then I see it used in a different way.

I scored a computer shelf at work from an old desk and I use that on my tables for height. It works so nice. I have baskets that I keep for stuff. I did buy some single shelves from WalMart (Rubbermade) that fold up and down for usage (for kitchen cabinets - put plates and things on) and those were ok - put baskets on them for some more height again. If you look around your house I'm sure you will find lots of fun stuff to use. I found a cookie tier thing at a yard sale and I'm going to try that for some of my stuff (maybe the snowman candy bars or the MM candy bags). Top layer can have taller type things, the two middle ones I'm limited on height with that thing. I also found easels at the dollar store (and around my house) that I used for things - notebooks to display one, trivets and tiles. Go through your cabinets, (and your families too!) and maybe you will find some things. I hit Goodwill every once in a while too. Freecycle sometimes has things I need (or I ask for) - if there is one in your area post there. You'd be surprised what people want to get rid of!

The first couple of years, I just used the shelf and the rest of the items were just on the table, in baskets or just sitting on the table. Worked just fine! And I got tons of compliments on the table - mainly because paper craft items are just so colorful (plus I'm so super talented! ha ha that was a joke).

I know last year I seemed to put a lot of money into the show, this year I'm not doing that. There are some things I have to buy - tape, magnets, stuff from the dollar store, and that stuff really adds up, but I'm going through my stuff first and using what I can. And I've been hitting Targets Dollar Spot and if I see things I tend to use (buckets, baskets and pedicure sets) then I pick them up and go back when they are on clearance. Really good deals when they are on clearance. They usually have these very nice oval metal buckets that I really like. They are a bit tall for items, but comp notebooks work really well in them and they make excellent containers for gifts.
LOL, love it!
I love those oval metal buckets. They do look so cute with a notebook and pen or set of cards. I stuff the bottom with brown paper covered with tissue or wrapping paper. Lay the card box on top with a ribbon on the handle.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Unread 05-30-2012, 08:38 PM   #3962
Polyshrink Goddess

I ordered the metal pieces to the Key Fobs yesterday! I can't wait for them to get here! I ordered ones to fit 1" webbing since I have soooooo much ribbon, and our local JoAnn's sells the 1" webbing in different colors. Also I got a bunch of 50% off coupons that start this weekend, so I will be able to get it with a discount! I only got the end metal pieces, (for $0.3 and I know my M's sells the keyrings for $3 for 50 (again I will use a coupon). I will definitely add pictures of the ones I make once they are finished!
Unread 05-30-2012, 08:44 PM   #3963
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
I love those key chain fobs - very pretty. I'm sure they would sell at a sale.

I had those wire crates too, and I got rid of mine (before I started sales!). I do that a lot, can't see the use of something, get rid of it (and trust me I keep EVERYTHING it seems like) and then I see it used in a different way.

I scored a computer shelf at work from an old desk and I use that on my tables for height. It works so nice. I have baskets that I keep for stuff. I did buy some single shelves from WalMart (Rubbermade) that fold up and down for usage (for kitchen cabinets - put plates and things on) and those were ok - put baskets on them for some more height again. If you look around your house I'm sure you will find lots of fun stuff to use. I found a cookie tier thing at a yard sale and I'm going to try that for some of my stuff (maybe the snowman candy bars or the MM candy bags). Top layer can have taller type things, the two middle ones I'm limited on height with that thing. I also found easels at the dollar store (and around my house) that I used for things - notebooks to display one, trivets and tiles. Go through your cabinets, (and your families too!) and maybe you will find some things. I hit Goodwill every once in a while too. Freecycle sometimes has things I need (or I ask for) - if there is one in your area post there. You'd be surprised what people want to get rid of!

The first couple of years, I just used the shelf and the rest of the items were just on the table, in baskets or just sitting on the table. Worked just fine! And I got tons of compliments on the table - mainly because paper craft items are just so colorful (plus I'm so super talented! ha ha that was a joke).

I know last year I seemed to put a lot of money into the show, this year I'm not doing that. There are some things I have to buy - tape, magnets, stuff from the dollar store, and that stuff really adds up, but I'm going through my stuff first and using what I can. And I've been hitting Targets Dollar Spot and if I see things I tend to use (buckets, baskets and pedicure sets) then I pick them up and go back when they are on clearance. Really good deals when they are on clearance. They usually have these very nice oval metal buckets that I really like. They are a bit tall for items, but comp notebooks work really well in them and they make excellent containers for gifts.
Our $ store also had wicker baskets, which I bought a bunch of. Also I have to agree getting height attracts attention! I have a few easels that I bought at ACM's for standing up notebooks, so much better then laying them flat on the tables! I find I get a LOT more business with my displays now, then I did originally. This (in the Fall) will be my 3rd year doing sales on my own. It takes a while to figure out what is the best set up for you I guess.
Unread 05-31-2012, 09:33 AM   #3964
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRKIDDO View Post
I ordered the metal pieces to the Key Fobs yesterday! I can't wait for them to get here! I ordered ones to fit 1" webbing since I have soooooo much ribbon, and our local JoAnn's sells the 1" webbing in different colors. Also I got a bunch of 50% off coupons that start this weekend, so I will be able to get it with a discount! I only got the end metal pieces, (for $0.3 and I know my M's sells the keyrings for $3 for 50 (again I will use a coupon). I will definitely add pictures of the ones I make once they are finished!

Yeah, get crackin' on them so I can copy! I did look on ebay (I think?) and saw very pretty ones and then the fobs too for sale. Do you think you need a tool to clamp that together or a pliers for beading would work? Its a great idea and I have already asked my sisters to look through fabric too. I have loads of ribbon at home too that would work. I hope you don't mind me using your idea too! I do wool felt and embroidery stuff too and was thinking that would be fun to do as well, with a super simple pattern though, and small too! Hmm, have to think about that one!

MY GALLERY
Unread 05-31-2012, 12:22 PM   #3965
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Yeah, get crackin' on them so I can copy! I did look on ebay (I think?) and saw very pretty ones and then the fobs too for sale. Do you think you need a tool to clamp that together or a pliers for beading would work? Its a great idea and I have already asked my sisters to look through fabric too. I have loads of ribbon at home too that would work. I hope you don't mind me using your idea too! I do wool felt and embroidery stuff too and was thinking that would be fun to do as well, with a super simple pattern though, and small too! Hmm, have to think about that one!
LOL They haven't even gotten here yet and you are rushing me! I found the tutorial on a website and it said to use rubber tipped pliers, or to wrap the end of your pliers in masking tape. I ordered 50, so I may just buy the pliers. plus I can use them for my daughter's jewlery making.
Unread 05-31-2012, 01:10 PM   #3966
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Quote:
I am also curious if anyone has tried selling the keychain Fobs??? I think they are pretty awesome, but not sure how they would sell???

Here's a photo of what I mean:
Boutique Fabric Key Fob Teacher Appreciation by rileyjanecustoms
Gina, those look very cool
Unread 06-01-2012, 07:08 AM   #3967
Pearl-ExPert

Smile

Quote:
LOL They haven't even gotten here yet and you are rushing me! I found the tutorial on a website and it said to use rubber tipped pliers, or to wrap the end of your pliers in masking tape. I ordered 50, so I may just buy the pliers. plus I can use them for my daughter's jewlery making.

Grins!!
Maybe I'll check out Mike's too to see what they have there. Something different for my table and very colorful. Thanks again for sharing the idea.

MY GALLERY
Unread 06-01-2012, 01:15 PM   #3968
Polyshrink Goddess

They are here, they are here!!! Such quick service! I ordered the hardware for the Key Fobs on Tuesday afternoon and they arrived today! The company is in CA, and just sent them to me first class mail (so postage was under $2.50!!!) Now I just have to wait for Sunday so I can use my 50% off coupons at JoAnn's on the webbing!!! Yeah!!!!
Unread 06-02-2012, 07:53 PM   #3969
Pearl-ExPert

Wow, that's fast. So I suppose Monday some will be posted!!

MY GALLERY
Unread 06-02-2012, 10:26 PM   #3970
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
These look so cute. Did I miss the tutorial for these??
How do you make them and where do you buy the supplies??
Unread 06-03-2012, 05:41 AM   #3971
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Wow, that's fast. So I suppose Monday some will be posted!!
LOL um....no I have to finish what I have started already. Have to buy the webbing, and the pliers. And most importantly.....I have to dig out my sewing machine!!!
Unread 06-03-2012, 05:45 AM   #3972
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeCraft View Post
These look so cute. Did I miss the tutorial for these??
How do you make them and where do you buy the supplies??
To be honest, I stumbled across them on the web. I don't know exactly where. I often type in "Craft Fair Items" into Google search. You'd be amazed what you can find!!

When looking for the hardware, I googled that too. I ended up going with Crafter's Vision. Craft Sewing Supplies Online | Quilting Supply | Fabric Supplies | Ribbon Supply | Crafter Look under hardware. The red prices are their all-the-time (I could have just said everyday...) prices. I will get the key rings at M's or ACM's. I asked a local place to order them and they quoted me the price of $1.50 a piece!
Unread 06-03-2012, 05:25 PM   #3973
Polyshrink Goddess

Well both ACM's and M's were sold out of the pliers. I am going to check another M's this week. I am done working for the summer as of June 15th so I will have plenty time to craft. I can't wait!!
Unread 06-03-2012, 11:21 PM   #3974
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
LOL um....no I have to finish what I have started already. Have to buy the webbing, and the pliers. And most importantly.....I have to dig out my sewing machine!!!
oops. if sewing is involved, I am out for these cute FOBS!
Unread 06-05-2012, 10:43 AM   #3975
Glitter Guru

I've been enjoying reading the great ideas you all have and although I have never made anything for a craft fayre I've been collecting ideas in the hope that we might be able to make items for our fiesta next year to raise money for our football team.
I just thought of you all as this morning as in our little shop they are selling cupcakes made of card but with bath salts in them, they looked really pretty, I just thought it might be another idea for you crafty girls out there.
Unread 06-06-2012, 09:15 AM   #3976
Polyshrink Goddess

I am happy to say that I found the Large plain wooden clothes pins!! YEAH! I think I bought 20 while they had them. I had to go to an ACM that is further away, but I got them! I also scored at J's today, the bags of round glass "marbles" you use for magnets were on clearance for $0.25 a bag! I bought all the bags the one store had! I also started making Key Fobs! A new addiction!! I made 22 in about 2 hours! It would have taken less time if only I was better at sewing. I used Ultra Bond fuseable "tape" to hold my ribbons still while I sewed. So that was an extra step I could have avoided. On the up side, I ordered 100 more Key Fob hardware today, and I have already sold more then 10 of the finished Key Fobs! And this is just since last night (Midnight)!!!!!!

Oh and DianeCraft, you don't have to sew them.....I have seen tutorials where you just use the UltraBond.
I have to head to a picnic at my daughter's school (hopefully the rain holds out) but I will try to post some picts this evening.
Unread 06-07-2012, 06:49 AM   #3977
Pearl-ExPert

I went to Etsy and Pinterest and found great key fobs (along with what Gina already posted!). Saw tutorials too, some sewed some did not. I don't sew so I' will probably do it the fused way. Maybe an embelishment where the fabric hits the fob for extra stability (like a flower maybe) but we'll see. I think I'm going to run to Mike's tomorrow to see if they have the stuff so I can play with it this weekend. I love this idea - thanks again Gina for sharing this.

Life has been too busy lately and I haven't even started doing anything for craft sales. I don't usually do stuff early but its been too hard lately to do things 'at the last minute'. I have nothing planned for this weekend (the first in a long time) so craft areas getting cleaned/purged and hopefully a project or two started. Might work on glass pebble magnets cause I have all of that at home, ready to go!

MY GALLERY
Unread 06-09-2012, 10:09 AM   #3978
Matboard Maniac

Default ladders for displays

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBgreendawn View Post
wanna show ya guys something. Im gonna do away with my tables this year I think.
my one and only booth I do just by my self is the weekend before Thanksgiving in a school ( in a hallway ) and my booth is technically an 6' table, but Ive always had a spinner rack next to it and they dont care. so, I found these two ladders and Ive stained them green ( winter moss color that is programmable at homedepot) and then hubs and the kid cut some pine boards and routed the edges /sanded them for me for mothers day and I stained the boards (early american) so, I want to take the two ladders and angle them a bit and then have I found two huge old vintage suitcases and two vintage suitcase racks ( the stand like hotels have but wooden ones) and kinda go suitcase, ladder, ladder, suitcase. for the booth display.
this is the smallest ladder and the other just has one more rung ( so four shelves)
(then display things in shallow baskets)
Good idea! I have also seen displays made with 2 ladders and shelves that run across the rungs of both, making long shelves that hold more stuff.
Unread 06-09-2012, 03:21 PM   #3979
Pearl-ExPert

Thumbs up

Quote:
To be honest, I stumbled across them on the web. I don't know exactly where. I often type in "Craft Fair Items" into Google search. You'd be amazed what you can find!!

When looking for the hardware, I googled that too. I ended up going with Crafter's Vision. Craft Sewing Supplies Online | Quilting Supply | Fabric Supplies | Ribbon Supply | Crafter Look under hardware. The red prices are their all-the-time (I could have just said everyday...) prices. I will get the key rings at M's or ACM's. I asked a local place to order them and they quoted me the price of $1.50 a piece!

I dont see any 1" fobs on their site- they had 1.25" which would be fine too for 40cents. Did you special order them to get the 1" size or did you just stick with the larger size.

I went to mike's today and Hancock Fabric but none of them had the fobs - they had some kid kits but I didn't want that.

MY GALLERY
Unread 06-09-2012, 04:36 PM   #3980
Glitter Queen

Now to find the webbing. Alot of places seem to be sold out!
Unread 06-09-2012, 07:20 PM   #3981
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
I am happy to say that I found the Large plain wooden clothes pins!! YEAH! I think I bought 20 while they had them. I had to go to an ACM that is further away, but I got them! I also scored at J's today, the bags of round glass "marbles" you use for magnets were on clearance for $0.25 a bag! I bought all the bags the one store had! I also started making Key Fobs! A new addiction!! I made 22 in about 2 hours! It would have taken less time if only I was better at sewing. I used Ultra Bond fuseable "tape" to hold my ribbons still while I sewed. So that was an extra step I could have avoided. On the up side, I ordered 100 more Key Fob hardware today, and I have already sold more then 10 of the finished Key Fobs! And this is just since last night (Midnight)!!!!!!

Oh and DianeCraft, you don't have to sew them.....I have seen tutorials where you just use the UltraBond.
I have to head to a picnic at my daughter's school (hopefully the rain holds out) but I will try to post some picts this evening.
yes, please. I just cannot visualize how these could be made.
Unread 06-10-2012, 07:37 AM   #3982
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanjiTerra View Post
I went to Joann's yesterday to find webbing and found some with the ribbon, but not the 1.25" size. I was really frustrated! After giving up, I went to get the next thing on my list, metal D rings, and right where all the sewing accessories were, was all the webbing in the 1.25 size! No fob hardware, mind you, but there it was. Joann's didn't have a any good ribbon. They have really gone down hill!!!

Trying my hand at the fobs today.
Unread 06-16-2012, 12:42 AM   #3983
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
I just finished day 1 of a 2 day show and had very good sales again. I have my last show next weekend. (have 8 days total for my "season").

Best sellers I guess would be the things I have run out of already:
-M&M stix (made 305 total)
-dog bones (made 62)
-lip gloss snowmen (made 50)
-chocolate bar snowmen (made 265)

Hope others are doing well.
Do you have any pictures of the dog bones and lip gloss snowmen?
Unread 06-16-2012, 12:43 AM   #3984
Matboard Maniac

deleted
Unread 06-16-2012, 12:45 AM   #3985
Matboard Maniac

[QUOTE=FallnPetal;18956051]Worst seller - post it note folders
Best sellers - hot chocolate and cider snuggies

Gayla, what are the snuggies?
Unread 06-16-2012, 12:57 AM   #3986
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnetteMac View Post
Another big seller was the gift card holders that look like a present. The snowman and toy soldier chocolate bars were a hit and I have an order for more. I had my advent calendars that I showed you all earlier, and sold 10 of them at $25 each or 2/$40.
Is there a picture of the gift card holders that look like a present in your album?
Unread 06-16-2012, 07:31 AM   #3987
Polyshrink Goddess

I have these that I made last Christmas, is this what you were looking for?
Attached Thumbnails
gift-box-gift-card-holders-inside.jpg   gift-box-gift-card-holders_2.jpg  

My Blog
Unread 06-16-2012, 11:24 AM   #3988
Matboard Maniac

Default gift card holders

Oh, Rita. These are very nice! Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Lynne
Unread 06-16-2012, 12:13 PM   #3989
Gallery Gazer

Love the gift card holders!
Unread 06-16-2012, 05:26 PM   #3990
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by imlynne View Post
Oh, Rita. These are very nice! Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Lynne
If you want the tutorial, click on My Blog & scroll down to labels on my sidebar, look for Gift Card Holders & click on it, it will bring you to the December 6, 2011 post with the Present gift card holders & there is a link to Frenchie's blog, she has a video tutorial on how to make these...have fun!

My Blog
Unread 06-16-2012, 07:51 PM   #3991
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Well I made some up, posted them on my facebook page, and within a day had sold over half what I had made! (I originally made 24) I ordered more of the hardware and I am waiting for the order to arrive so I can make more. You can find them on my blog.
Unread 06-16-2012, 07:54 PM   #3992
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schweeda View Post
I went to Joann's yesterday to find webbing and found some with the ribbon, but not the 1.25" size. I was really frustrated! After giving up, I went to get the next thing on my list, metal D rings, and right where all the sewing accessories were, was all the webbing in the 1.25 size! No fob hardware, mind you, but there it was. Joann's didn't have a any good ribbon. They have really gone down hill!!!

Trying my hand at the fobs today.
I ordered the fob hardware in 1 inch size because my JoAnn's only had the 1" webbing. I did not find the hardware in ANY store! My J's had a number of styles of ribbons on clearance, some $0.50 a roll. But it depends on the store, not all carry the same selection I have found.
Unread 06-16-2012, 07:55 PM   #3993
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
yes, please. I just cannot visualize how these could be made.
Pictures are now on my blog!!! Sorry for the delay!
Unread 06-16-2012, 07:56 PM   #3994
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanjiTerra View Post
The webbing is actually cheaper if you order it through Crafter's Vision....even with my coupon, their prices were better!!!
Unread 06-18-2012, 09:55 AM   #3995
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
I was searching for the lip gloss snowmen when I found this: Snowmen. It's a pinterest board full of snowman craft ideas and if you search on the page for "lip gloss" you'll see a picture of lip gloss snowmen. Of course I don't know if Diane was referring to something like this but this is another way of doing the lip gloss snowman.
Unread 06-19-2012, 05:55 PM   #3996
Stampin' Fool

Quote:
I cannot seem to get them to load right now.

The dog bones are simply store-packaged (or could be homemade) bones in packs of 3 with white chocolate drizzled and packaged nice. It is not real chocolate of course.

The lip gloss were tall glosses wrapped like snowmen..with mini flannel hats. Very good sellers, but I doubt I will be able to do them again because I was lucky last year to find a good sale of the lip gloss sticks.
Unread 06-20-2012, 07:58 AM   #3997
Polyshrink Goddess

Bump
Unread 06-20-2012, 11:02 AM   #3998
Matboard Maniac

Gina, thank you for recommending Crafters Vision, I ordered from them on Monday and they shipped on Tuesday! The prices were great and the selections were many. I ordered the heavy duty webbing, is the poly fiber better?
Unread 06-24-2012, 08:23 PM   #3999
Stampin' Fool

Just finished my last spring/summer show today. Happy to be done with it. Alot of shoppers but not alot of sales. I didn't lose money but it is alot of work for 2 days to make just $200.

Now, I am planning to organize and start on some of the christmas items in July.
Anyone else working on things yet?
Unread 06-24-2012, 09:26 PM   #4000
Insane Embellisher

Send a message via AIM to SizzixQueen

Okay.. I am going to attempt my first craft fair. Question is - where do you get bags? Like for purchases?

Do you make them?