Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Techniques (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/techniques-11/)
-   -   STAZON Question (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/techniques-11/stazon-question-185644/)

Crafty Math Chick 09-23-2006 05:08 AM

STAZON Question

Hey there -

I have never used Stazon ink before, but I love to use the watercolor pencils, so this ink sounds better than using basic black and letting it dry.

I was wondering about cleaning the stamps after stamping with Stazon - do the stamps come clean? Or are they pretty much stained after that?

Thanks in advance!

torytz 09-23-2006 05:23 AM

Staz On

Good Morning-

It has been my experience that a lot of the time the stamp stains. However, if you wash the stamp right awy you can get most of it off. I take mine right to the sink and have a cleaning brush ready with some soap. A lot of times I can get it right off but many times it does leave staining.

Although, I don't find this any worse than stampin with Basic Black where that stains my stamps a lot too!

Hope this helps.

Tory

calgramma 09-23-2006 06:15 AM

StazOn does make a cleaner. I use it and it usually takes all the staining off the stamps. Even works with the Basic Black and the Basic Brown. HTH

purplewinkle 09-23-2006 06:16 AM

I highly recommend getting the staz on cleaner. I use it right away after I use staz on and have never had staining. Then I use the stampin mist.
It is more work, but I really like staz on for water coloring so it is worth it.
You can get it at hobby lobby I know and probably lots of places on line.
HTH
Rainy

purplewinkle 09-23-2006 06:17 AM

oops we posted at the same time.

Kathi127 09-23-2006 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purplewinkle
I highly recommend getting the staz on cleaner. I use it right away after I use staz on and have never had staining. Then I use the stampin mist.
It is more work, but I really like staz on for water coloring so it is worth it.
You can get it at hobby lobby I know and probably lots of places on line.
HTH
Rainy

I do the same thing and it works great! You can find the Staz On Cleaner at A.C. Moore as well and I think I saw it at Michael's too.

Kathi

ddobson 09-23-2006 07:33 AM

Yes, I got mine at Michaels, I had the same question last week, it works great !!!

Crafty Math Chick 09-23-2006 08:48 AM

Wow - thanks for the input everyone!

Unfortunately, I am overseas at the moment with my husband who is in the Air Force, so no Michaels or A.C. Moore or Hobby Lobby nearby. Sniff, sniff. I will investigate online places are ARE willing to ship to APO addresses (surprisingly, a lot don't).

Thanks again everyone! You are all terrific!!

Have a good weekend!:p

nmslmomto3 09-23-2006 07:56 PM

I use Ultra Clean, takes staz on right off

sondrapeppe 09-24-2006 11:09 AM

Staz On

I use a lot of Staz on inks, especially on non-porous surfaces. They are great on acetate, dominoes,tiles etc. Whatever I use them for...here is my technique. Yes they do stain but if you apply some Purell to the stamp and wipe it off with a babywipe you're nearly there...When I put them away I use a solvent Staz On cleaner and they are set to use again with any ink pad.
Sondra in San Diego

mnhyrkas 09-24-2006 12:45 PM

Stazon ink works really well with watercolors cause it wont bleed out like a dye ink might. I use baby wipes to clean my stamps, and if I clean it off immediately after stamping, MOST of the ink will come off. I think that a stained stamp is a well-loved stamp :)

Dabbles by Deb 09-24-2006 05:24 PM

Staz On

I haven't had any trouble...my "secret" is spray SU Stampin' Mist directly on the stamp, use an old toothbrush to work the cleaner in well, then wipe off on a paper towel. I find this cleans most of the ink off. Then I use a Stampin Scrub and the stamps don't stain at all. I have two Stampin' Scrubs - one for my classic inks and the other for Craft and permanent inks. Works for me... happy cleaning!!! God Bless-Debbie

baweinstein2004 09-25-2006 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nmslmomto3
I use Ultra Clean, takes staz on right off

Where do you get this? I've never seen it.

etlsmom 09-28-2006 06:02 AM

A thread, here at SCS, led me to try the All Wheel Cleaner in the purple plastic bottle from Wal-Mart...I just used my StazOn and had my cleaner ready and sprayed it immediately after stamping and let it soak for about 1/2 minute...rubbed on my StampNScrub and all the ink came off ~ no sweat!

nmslmomto3 09-28-2006 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baweinstein2004
Where do you get this? I've never seen it.

You can do a search in the forums for more about Ultra clean. here is the info on it:
Stewart Superior Ultra Clean

I got mine at my local scrapbook store, but a number of online retailers sell it, including Inky Antics. I also know that this is the stamp cleaner that The Angel Company sells. Works awesome!

blueyes 09-29-2006 10:41 AM

speaking of stazon....am i weird, or does anyone else like the way it smells??? :lol: