Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Techniques (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/techniques-11/)
-   -   Stampin on walls? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/techniques-11/stampin-walls-197141/)

Ariel M 11-07-2006 11:14 AM

Stampin on walls?

I have a customer that's asking how to stamp on walls. I told her I am pretty sure you have to use acrylic ink. Can you use Craft ink? How often do you have to clean between stampings?
Can she use the stamps for paper once she's used them on the wall?
Thanks!
Ariel

happystampingal 11-07-2006 01:53 PM

stamp on walls

I have used the craft inks before and had good results. The final look will depend on the wall texture though. I stamp randomly all over with the one stamp before I change and go to another. That way I don't have to stop and clean the stamps as often. Hope this helps. It worked for me anyway, good luck.
Teresa

Ariel M 11-08-2006 03:34 AM

Thanks, Teresa...I'll let her know what you tried. :)

taketime4you 11-08-2006 06:38 PM

Stampin on walls?

I used the dd stamps to stamp on the walls...Instructions come with them. They are totally flat, basically just a shape cut out, as they are designed to stamp on walls. I used acrylic paint (great because if you mess up you can wipe right away with a damp cloth) with the cheesecloth tecnique, i would recommend using a sponge brush. I just cleaned with soap and water.

Yes you can then use them on paper again, stamping on the wall doesnt hurt the stamps at all.

Hope that helps

shelley1010 11-08-2006 07:12 PM

Stampin on walls?

I recently stamped my new daughter's room with the DD Butterflies. It turned out beautifully. I know everyone says to use acrylic paint, but I actually used latex paint samples from Menards. I used paper plates to hold pieces of 2 ply felt and applied my paint to those to act as a stamp pad. I was stamping with four colors (light and dark pink and light and dark purple), and I was stamping on four walls, so I just left the stamps in the paint (stamp side down) so that the paint didn't dry on the rubber. I didn't have any trouble at all cleaning the paint off the stamps since the paint never dried. I was able to stamp all my butterflies in a little over an hour. If I stamped an image and didn't like it, I had a damp cloth at the ready to wipe the paint off the wall. It came right off and didn't damage my base paint. I was very intimidated in the beginning, but after applying the first few butterflies, I got more and more sure of what I was doing. I say tell your customer--just go for it!!
Here's a picture of my daughter's wall //www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=359000&cat=500&ppuser=72803

Hope this helps a bit!

Sairabee 11-08-2006 07:24 PM

The one time I stamped the walls I used latex paint as well, and had no problems whatsoever. I was using those spongy stamps that you get at the craft store though - not SU stamps.

Sairabee 11-08-2006 07:24 PM

Oh - also - I applied the paint with those cheap foam paintbrushes that they sell everywhere. Worked like a charm!