Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Techniques (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/techniques-11/)
-   -   Spiral Journals (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/techniques-11/spiral-journals-11665/)

tmills 10-07-2004 08:23 AM

Spiral Journals

Okay, I am wanting to know how you awesome ladies put a wire spiral on these really cute notebooks. Do you undo the spiral? I have seen the paper actually threaded onto the spirals and then there is the question of how do you get all the holes punched.

Help!
:) tammy

Shell 10-07-2004 08:33 AM

I'm sooooo glad you asked that. I have been wanting to know and have just not asked.

Now ... can't wait for the answer!

crazyladyjay 10-07-2004 08:34 AM

I know that a lot of people unwind them, but how do they punch the wholes perfectly? Seems like hard work.

Chris Fuhs 10-07-2004 08:35 AM

Here's how I do it:

Unwind the spiral
Using monoadhesive, stick my cardstock to the cover piece.
Stamp that cover.
Line up my hole pumch with the coversheet (that has my cardstock stuck on top) and punch holes in the same place through my cardstock.)
Stack all the sheets, and rewind the spiral through it.

It really is easier than it sounds.

Shell 10-07-2004 08:56 AM

Hmmmmm... ok. Thanks Chris. That does sound like a lot of work, but I may try it ... once. LOL!

ADBTHEROUX 10-07-2004 09:33 AM

I agree it sounds like a lot of work, but the ones I have seen on this site are beautiful. I might have to get brave and try it before the holidays. I have 10 employees at my 9-5 job so if I could make them holiday gifts for a fracion of the cost it would save on my budget and leave me more money to buy new stamps :D

sacramentostamper 10-08-2004 03:32 AM

Here's how I do it...

I use the old cover to mark the holes on my new cover then punch holes with hole punch or awl.

Stack cover, note pad, and back of book together; I hold it in place with either a rubber band or clamp so it will stay lined up. Assemble by threading new wire through the holes and wrapping it around a skewer or dowel placed along the top or side of the notebook. Trim ends of wire and you’re done.

Steffani 10-08-2004 04:56 AM

I am wondering what is the price for just geting something spiral bound at our local office max or such? Anyone ever go that route?

Steffani

craftyaunt 10-09-2004 09:44 AM

Hi Steffani,

I have my SU catalogue changed over to the coil binding and is costs approximately $8 Cdn. at our local Staples store.

Sue

justheather 10-09-2004 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steffani
I am wondering what is the price for just geting something spiral bound at our local office max or such? Anyone ever go that route?

Steffani

It depends on what kind of spiral binding...I looked into the plastic spirals at one point, but it was about $4 per book...give or take a bit depending on the thickness.

Comb binding is cheaper by some, though. Tape binding is even less than that.