Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-30-2005, 06:38 AM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Spin Wheel Card Directions

I had a few requests to explain how to make a spin wheel card, so I thought I would upload directions I used. You can see the card in my gallery.

Spin Wheel Card (directions from 2/05 issue of PaperCrafts Magazine, ppgs 44-45)

Supplies

Cardstock: White, Pink, Black

Rubber Stamps: small ones to fit circle and a sentiment stamp and one for left side strip

Dye Ink (Classic) Basic Black, Real Red

Pigment Ink (Craft) White

Fastener: brad

Fibers: grosgrain and organdy ribbon

Adhesive

Tools: (Circle Cutter) Coluzzle, watercolor

Paintbrush, ruler, needle tool, scissor, decorative edge scissors (notched scissors), 1 1/4� circle punch, pencil

Assemble

1) Make card from white cardstock, punch half circle notch in front edge (see figure a).

2) To make front panel, cut pink cardstock to fit card front. Punch half circle notch in front edge, aligned with notch on card. Stamp sentiment on bottom of panel with Basic Black.

3) To make hear wheel, cut 4� circle from white cardstock and trim with decorative edge scissors. Pierce center of circle with needle tool (see Figure b). (I used anywhere hole punch).

4) Align wheel on panel so circle edge protrudes from notch. Mark wheel�s hole on panel with pencil (see figure c.)

5) Pierce hold through panel as marked, using needle tool (or hole punch). TO make window, punch circle above pierced hole (see Figure d).

6) Attach wheel behind panel with brad (see Figure e). Note: Spin wheel by running finger along edge of wheel that protrudes from notch.

Decorate

1) Stamp heart (or other stamp) on wheel through window in panel. Rotate wheel and stamp another heart (or stamp of your choice). Repeat until images fill window upon each rotation.

2) Pain pink accents on hearts, using mix of real red and white ink and water (or other color of choice).

3) Apply adhesive to EDGES of panel and adhere to card. Note: Apply adhesive to edges only, otherwise wheel won�t turn.

4) Stamp onto black cardstock with white craft ink. Trim into strip and adhere to left side of card.

5) Tie ribbon around front card flap.

The Figures A-E mentioned above don�t copy well, but you should be able to get the gist of it, by looking at my card sample in the gallery.

Finished size is 4 �� x 5 ��

Enjoy making these fun cards! Maria
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes