Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-01-2006, 10:30 AM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Help with Gamsol Technique

Ok, I am desperate here. I bought all of the supplies for the Gamsol technique, including the stumps from Taiwan! I just can't get it. I tried a really light coat of color and pressed hard on the paper, but it doesn't seem to be coming out. I don't know what else to try. Can anyone please please help me! I really love the samples I have seen done this way and would love to get it right.
Thank you,
Danielle
you can pm me or my regular email is [email protected]
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2006, 04:38 AM   #2  
Glitter Guru

What Kind of paper are you using.I had the same problem when I started I tried to use a brand of white paper from my local craft store and didn't seem to pick up the color as good as SU'S white paper which is much smoother surface.Just outline the images on the edges with your prisma colored pencils.they should be theoil based kind.then just make sure when you wet the stump you color with it on a slant.more than trying to use the tip of the stump works much better and just keep wetting the stump.and blend it in a swirling motion.It should work.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2006, 11:00 AM   #3  
Embossing Fanatic

The trick is definately in the paper. I bought a gritty water color paper, it holds and moves the color much better than cs.
Reply With Quote Likes