Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Techniques (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/techniques-11/)
-   -   Small Cookie Pan Perpetual Calendar (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/techniques-11/small-cookie-pan-perpetual-calendar-251108/)

sandy kanapilly 05-21-2007 07:13 PM

Small Cookie Pan Perpetual Calendar

Has anyone made these?? I am thinking of making one for each of my kiddos' teachers...gearing it for the classroom. Like a 100th day of school, field trip, late start, etc.... Any ideas would be great!! Thanks

jailbirdstamper 05-21-2007 07:28 PM

sounds intriguing... I'm not sure I know what they are.. I'll go look in the gallery and see if I can find anything.

jailbirdstamper 05-21-2007 10:48 PM

Here is a link to some in the gallery (not very many)

cookie pan calendar

scrapshappen 05-22-2007 06:40 AM

I made an advent calendar for christmas out of a cookie sheet.

I got the idea from twopeasinabucket.com and just did a search over there and came up with this:

http://twopeasinabucket.kaboose.com/...h=Cookie+Sheet

I know this isn't what you are doing, but here is what I did:

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...&ppuser=100468

Hope that helps.

nielsonfamily6 05-22-2007 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapshappen
I made an advent calendar for christmas out of a cookie sheet.

I got the idea from twopeasinabucket.com and just did a search over there and came up with this:

http://twopeasinabucket.kaboose.com/...h=Cookie+Sheet

These are absolutely WONDERFUL samples! Thanks for sharing them with all of us!

aniam215 05-22-2007 11:21 AM

I've never seen these before, very interesting. Subscribing ...

bluesh4rk 05-22-2007 06:44 PM

Hey those are cute. Do magnets stick on cookie sheets? You could do the Days 1-31 on magnets.. if they do! How cool! I am tempted to make one of these.

LateNightScrappin 05-22-2007 06:48 PM

these are awesome! funny to see this thread... I have a class on thursday where we r gonna be making a perpetual calandar...(I had never seen one before) I dont think it is out of a cookie sheet... but I am excited to take the class!!

littleredrocket 05-22-2007 06:54 PM

I've seen several done at my LSS but not tried one myself. I'm a teacher and think this would be a great gift idea!

scrapshappen 05-22-2007 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluesh4rk
Hey those are cute. Do magnets stick on cookie sheets? You could do the Days 1-31 on magnets.. if they do! How cool! I am tempted to make one of these.

Yes. On mine I (since I was just doing count down to Christmas), I put magnets on a frame and then moved the frame everyday. So you could put the numbers on magnets so they can be moved each month. I'd like to do the perpetual calendar someday but it is way down on my list right now.

Sara in WI 05-22-2007 07:44 PM

Now these are very cute. I made these for use in kindergarten centers when I was still teaching. I used cute Contac Paper to stick the designs on and chipboard or checkers decorated with the numbers. It made a very versatile and self-checking activity because the kids could match it to the big classroom calendar. I used the cookie sheet sideways to fit the 7 day week onto it.

LateNightScrappin 05-24-2007 01:30 PM

Hopefully I will be able to take a pic of the one I am creating tonight at the LSS! :)

crazyladyjay 05-24-2007 03:16 PM

Oh my goodness! These are awesome! Subbing b/c I will definitely make an Advent Calendar this year!

crazyladyjay 05-24-2007 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by latenightscrappin
Hopefully I will be able to take a pic of the one I am creating tonight at the LSS! :)

Please do!

jailbirdstamper 05-24-2007 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by latenightscrappin

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh can't wait to see it!

LateNightScrappin 05-24-2007 07:15 PM

OMG.. I just got home from my class.. this should have been an all day class LOL!! I got about 1/2 of it done....
It is sooooo cute though! (at least her sample was!!) Picture 2 clipboard backs ribboned together... we cut patterned paper and mod poged those 2 boards....then on the top board attached was a little notepad and a mat for a picture with some cricut cut flowers.... then the bottom had the days of the week across the top... stamped in ink---then under that there are 5 rows of 7 peices of chipboard all 1" x 1 1/4 in size. We had to cut paper to that size and cover them with random cardstock. then you had to decorate each peice of chipboard with the numbers ... 1-31... and there will be a few extra left for random sayings... like Family... Hope, love etc.. and even family pictures... Or you can make up different ones like for christmas you could have a stamped wreath... or Easter.. and egg or basket.... etc. then those pieces were hung on the board with velcro strips...
I will definately take a pic... But I am no where near done yet! LOL It was fun...

Choc0holic 05-24-2007 07:37 PM

These ideas are so amazing! I am subscribing 'cause I can't seem to find the 'perfect' advent calendar for Christmas either. Looking forward to all the ideas!!!

LateNightScrappin 05-24-2007 07:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a picture of Abby's (the class instructor's Sample)

I hope mine looks as cool when I am through!

cookiestamper 05-25-2007 04:45 AM

That's very cute, Kelly! Looks like you had a fun class!

nsruss 05-25-2007 05:29 AM

What a great idea! I really like all of these. Subscribing in hopes of seeing more.

Acceber 05-25-2007 07:19 AM

I started one a while ago but never finished... Was going for the perpetual one, not the advent. I should dig it out and finish it, its about 90% done...

If you use the cookie sheet and actually use the bottom as the front of your calendar, you can store the rest of the pieces, months, dates, etc... in the cubby hole it leaves on the inside, kwim?

Choc0holic 05-26-2007 07:13 AM

Oh please finish it! I'd love to see the finished project. I am so excited about making my own this year!

Sara in WI 05-26-2007 07:26 AM

Kelly, I love the teacher's sample and am looking forward to seeing yours!

jailbirdstamper 05-26-2007 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by latenightscrappin (Post 5900645)
Here is a picture of Abby's (the class instructor's Sample)

I hope mine looks as cool when I am through!

oh my gosh that is soooooooooooooooooo cute!!!! Good thing you added a picture... in my head I saw the clipboards back to back and totally confused;)

LateNightScrappin 05-26-2007 08:26 AM

after I re read my explanation... (yikes) and no edit button.... :rolleyes: I figured I would post a pic...I did get her permission hehehe (you never know....) :D I know this one is not on a cookie sheet... but its cool just the same!! :)
Quote:

Originally Posted by jailbirdstamper (Post 5913782)
oh my gosh that is soooooooooooooooooo cute!!!! Good thing you added a picture... in my head I saw the clipboards back to back and totally confused;)

bluesh4rk 05-28-2007 07:30 AM

Cuuuuute.... I am definitely going to make a perpetual calendar for our kitchen once our kitchen is done being remodeled! :D

nsruss 05-28-2007 07:34 AM

I picked up a couple of cookie sheets yesterday at the dollar store and I'm going to give these a try. I'm going to go for the organizer type with a notepad, magnet clips, calendar and pen holder. I hope they turn out OK!

nsruss 05-28-2007 03:49 PM

I finished my first one tonight. I went with the organizer type and added a notepad, library pocket, calendar and three mini clothespin magnets. I'm pleased with how it turned out and it was pretty easy!

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...68566?cat=3293

Miabel 05-28-2007 04:03 PM

pictures! I need pictures! LOL Can ya tell I'm a visual learner??? LOL

nsruss 05-29-2007 02:17 AM

I put the picture in my gallery if you'd like to see it!