Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Techniques (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/techniques-11/)
-   -   questions about bleaching techniques with other combinations (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/techniques-11/questions-about-bleaching-techniques-other-combinations-97636/)

hotwheels 11-04-2005 12:39 PM

questions about bleaching techniques with other combinations

;) Hi,

When using the bleaching techniques on dark colors paper. Can you use chalk on the inside your image for colors? Or maybe Embossing Powder or glitter? What about sharpies or Liquid Applique? or water colors, I have never try any of the things together with the bleaching techniques. I was wondering if anyone else has tried any of these combinations together? If so, what combinations worked the best with the bleaching techniques? please let me know.

Thanks,
Linda Littlepage

hotwheels 11-04-2005 03:57 PM

bump
bump
bump

hotwheels 11-07-2005 08:36 PM

bump

GarnetJ 11-07-2005 09:23 PM

I have not seen these other things put to use with bleach. But I suppose you could be very brave and just go ahead and try it on one card.
Mostly what I have done in a class is to stamp a small image with bleach several times across a sheet of not very dark cardstock. Then stamp the same or a similar image with dark ink several times on the same piece of cardstock.
There are lots of other methods in the gallery. If you go to the gallery and search for the word "bleach" you will find hundreds of examples

trudence 11-08-2005 03:46 AM

I have done this with the chalks and had wonderful results, they can be stunning. I don't see any reason that you could not do it with the rest of what you mentioned
HTH

jostamps 11-08-2005 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotwheels
;) Hi,

When using the bleaching techniques on dark colors paper. Can you use chalk on the inside your image for colors? Or maybe Embossing Powder or glitter? What about sharpies or Liquid Applique? or water colors, I have never try any of the things together with the bleaching techniques. I was wondering if anyone else has tried any of these combinations together? If so, what combinations worked the best with the bleaching techniques? please let me know.

Thanks,
Linda Littlepage

I have used bleach technique and then embossed over the whole card front. (after bleach was dry). I didn't have any problems. Once it is dry you can treat it like regular paper.
Joanne

amykae 11-08-2005 06:43 PM

If you check my gallery, I have a card that I used bleach with embossing powder and chalk pastels. If you first emboss an image you can then over-stamp with bleach. Then I shaded the bleached areas with pastels. I really like the way it turned out. Just an example :)
Amy

Taishea 11-09-2005 04:19 PM

I have used the bleach tech after embossing image. then I used pearl ex to color the image in. It really pops the image. if used on dark cs, it makes it look almost like it is night time. Have fun and do not be afraid to try several combos! taishea

Ruth Gray 11-10-2005 06:25 AM

I have used markers, chalks and Twinklin H20's over bleach with very nice results. Just give it a try and see what works for you.

Hugs

Ruthy