Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Techniques (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/techniques-11/)
-   -   Pearl ex and Swifter cloths? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/techniques-11/pearl-ex-swifter-cloths-248125/)

Our Daily Bread Designs 05-10-2007 05:56 PM

Pearl ex and Swifter cloths?

I finally tried the Pearl Ex and Versamark technique. I could not get the excess Pearl Ex off the card. Do the Swifter cloths really work good? I don't have any and was wondering if I should buy some. Thanks!!

mary williams 05-10-2007 06:42 PM

I think they are so great with this, haven't used anything else but it. I just cut my clothes into smaller squares about 4x4 so that I can get as many uses as possible with them. They are also great to swipe over you c/s before heat embossing.
Have fun, you'll love the results!

Our Daily Bread Designs 05-10-2007 07:14 PM

are they any different than dryer sheets?

birdbrain 05-10-2007 07:27 PM

Much better than dryer sheets!

loriq 07-09-2007 11:39 AM

pearl ex and swiffer cloths

I am hoping to get instructions for the pearl ex and swiffer cloths. Please help me!!!

indyemmert 07-09-2007 04:06 PM

You just use the swiffer cloth to remove the excess PearlEx.

cajor 07-10-2007 05:50 AM

I agree!! Swiffer-type dry dusting or floor cleaning cloths are great for removing the excess Pearl-Ex. The BEST brand I've found for doing this is "Scotch-Brite Super-Cling Dry Floor Cloths". Its kind of hard to explain how these cloths are different...they are sticky, but not glue kind of sticky. The box says that they pick up 2x as much as other similar cloths, and I believe it. They also have a waffle weave pattern. These are the best I've ever used!--made by 3M.

Amy J. in Wisconsin

nmslmomto3 07-10-2007 08:55 AM

I have used the generic swiffer clothes and they work great to remove the pearl-ex haze, but I am going to get some of the Scotch-Brite brand recommended above, they sound awesome for stamping *AND* cleaning

Color Me Stamping 07-10-2007 01:14 PM

Kelley,
I think you'll find the swiffers really make a difference. I did a camp on this a few months ago and no one complained about excess Pearl Ex! Try again, and good luck.

indyemmert 07-10-2007 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nmslmomto3 (Post 6452798)
they sound awesome for stamping *AND* cleaning

Cleaning????? :confused: ;)

stamper1996 07-12-2007 11:27 AM

I use a scrap piece of fleece material. It's got the same anti-static properties, and once it's dirty, just pop in the wash, then reuse!

Oscar T. Grouch 07-12-2007 12:15 PM

loved the swiffer duster for getting the extra pearl-ex off the paper.

AZMom 07-12-2007 02:36 PM

Stupid question here... Are you doing the swiffer before or after the image is dry? How do you get around the pearl ex you want to keep?

indyemmert 07-12-2007 03:38 PM

I just rub the swiffer around the image, not actually over it.

Starbug 07-13-2007 02:55 PM

I have tried a swiffer cloth and just a soft cotton rag. I didn't find much of a difference. I gently wipe over the entire image as soon as I'm finished applying the pearl ex over the versamark. I find that the pearl ex sticks so well to the versamark that I can even dust over where I want the pearl ex to stay. I also dust evenly over my entire paper (not just the image) so that the tiny residue of pearl ex that might remain will be spread evenly.
After "dusting" my paper, I seal with hairspray so that the pearl ex doesn't keep coming off with handling. And the entire surface of my paper ends up with a pretty soft sheen with the popped out shimmer of the pearl ex image. I love the look. I've even overlapped images with different colored pearl ex and it turns out beautifully!

I can't be bothered to buy swiffer cloths if I don't use them around the house anyway.

Hope this doesn't confuse the issue.
Cheers!

csmilham 07-14-2007 07:59 PM

I'll have to try the swiffers. I've only done it on white cs so I just wiped it off with a Kleenex tissue.

Carol
in IN