Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Techniques (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/techniques-11/)
-   -   Now on Video! Tutorial on how to use your ink pads as water colors/markers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/techniques-11/now-video-tutorial-how-use-your-ink-pads-water-colors-markers-354378/)

SanJoseLady 06-09-2008 04:55 PM

Now on Video! Tutorial on how to use your ink pads as water colors/markers

Thank you to everyone who has commented on my first tutorial, I really appreciate that you took the time to view the tutorial and leave a comment. Now....I have finally finished the video, and for a first time it isn't bad (or at least I hope not : ), to view the video click here

Please leave a comment with what you like or do not like about the video so I can think of ways to improve the next time. Five minutes is NOTHING to get all the information in, and truthfully, I have to wonder if written tutorials present more information.

Anyhow, please don't feel you have to be nice with your comments, I want to improve and can't if I don't know what needs to be improved (one thing: I know I need to fix the sound, maybe have the camera a bit further away and just zoom the lens, and I still overuse certain phrases, will learn to NOT do that in the next video).

That is all for now, will post a picture of the card I made for the tutorial in a bit.

smallcity 06-10-2008 03:03 AM

Your tutorial is great, about how long do you let the watercolor dry before adding the next color. I'm trying to learn about watercoloring.

smallcity

mopzsix 06-10-2008 03:28 AM

great job i really enjoyed it
thank you very much
debbie j

SanJoseLady 06-10-2008 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smallcity (Post 10105869)
Your tutorial is great, about how long do you let the watercolor dry before adding the next color. I'm trying to learn about watercoloring.

smallcity

It depends, during the winter my water coloring takes forever to dry, and the other day the paint was drying in a few minutes. Just check your paper, hold it side ways and if there is a sheen, it is still wet. Depending on how much paint you put on it shouldn't take more then a minute or two to dry during the summer.

You can also speed up the process by using a heat gun or hair dryer, just be careful that you don't burn/scorch the paper.

Thank you so much for viewing the video! Will try to do some more videos in the near future, I had NO idea that they would take as much time to put together!

SanJoseLady 06-10-2008 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smallcity (Post 10105869)

smallcity

One other thing, try painting on wet paper as well, that is fun. wet part of your image, then add the color, which will spread and be very soft. wait for that to dry, add some water to part of what you colored and then add another color.

Go to the library to look at books on water coloring, and then try all the techniques, over and over, play around with other techniques, like adding Twinkling h20s to stamped images you have colored in with alcohol markers, ie, prisma markers or copics. Experiment!

tdodd00 06-11-2008 04:37 AM

Great video...thanks for sharing!

azleite 06-11-2008 10:30 AM

I thought your video was great. Concise and easily understandable.
Nancy

bspinks 06-12-2008 03:50 AM

Thank you

Thank you so much for the tutorial on using ink pads for watercolors. It was fantastic and I can't wait to try it!

sjsac 06-12-2008 04:33 PM

Thanks for the video, I cannot wait to try this technique.