Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Techniques (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/techniques-11/)
-   -   Mop & Glo vs Future Floor Finish (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/techniques-11/mop-glo-vs-future-floor-finish-22714/)

Henrysmom 01-05-2005 08:15 PM

Mop & Glo vs Future Floor Finish

Will Mop & Glo work like Future with Pearl ex powder?

Can't find Future!!

Henrysmom 01-05-2005 08:41 PM

shameless bump

Henrysmom 01-05-2005 08:46 PM

Aw come on :(

No one knows?

Well then, I'll just try it and let you know! :wink:

JanTInk 01-06-2005 05:38 AM

Mop 'n Glo will yellow over time, whereas Future does not. Future is a sealer, but Mop 'n Glo has some ammonia or something in it to break up dirt.

I don't like Mop 'n Glo on floors either. When I worked at a bookstore, that's the product the store owner used to do the bathroom floor, which had small ceramic tiles. Over time, using this product, the floor was BLACK with build up! He had to use Trisodium Phospate to get the build-up off the floor!

I also had a friend at the same time who used Mop 'n Glo on her apartment's vinyl kitchen floor. It was turning black as well. I told her about the TSP...it took the build-up off all right, but it also took the finish off the floor! :oops: I felt bad about it, but she didn't read the box very well!

Henrysmom 01-06-2005 10:27 PM

Thanks! Now to find Future!

stampin_melissa 01-07-2005 12:16 AM

Leave it to Ms. Tink to have the answer! Thanks!

I really need to try this technique sometime. . . . . :roll:

Well, Nancy I guess using a heat gun wasn't the right answer, sorry. :(

Melissa

tomaral 01-10-2005 01:35 PM

was wondering is Future Floor safe to use in your scrapbook? Does anyone know?

restongal 01-25-2005 05:54 PM

Hi, adding my two cents in:

The main thing about Future is that it is an acrylic sealler so you actually get to paint and seal in one step, no need for any fixatives, pretty cool huh. Do it in a ventalated room thought because after awhile - whoo :)
I'm in VA and the only place I've seen it so far is Harris Teeter , its a big bottle and it will last a very long time, unless of course you need to do your floors :P

bye,
Mary

stampinbird 01-26-2005 07:37 AM

what are you creative ladies doing with this?? I want to play, too!

stampin_melissa 01-26-2005 10:39 AM

Woo-hoo, I bought some FFF! Yeah!

Ummm, now what do I do with it? :shock: :oops:

I know you can do something with PearlEx and use it in the aqua pens. I guess I'd better start looking at the tutorials. :roll:

restongal 01-26-2005 10:41 AM

Hi All

What I do is pour a little out in to a container and dip my watercolor brush into it, then dip into the Pear-x powder. On a piece of plastic (I use a plastic plate) just mix it up until you can paint with it, its really very easy
Mary :)

stampinbird 01-26-2005 11:38 AM

oooh, sounds pretty and I just bought a new color yesterday.
thank you thank you thank you!