Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-21-2006, 12:23 PM   #1  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Sewing on cards

What sewing machine would anyone recomend that would be good to sew on cardstock. A brand called Janome received great reviews and it coist 59.95. The Provo craft machine was worthless. Any other suggestions? Also, any ladies out there who sew on cards and scrapbook pages? Thanks for your help.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2006, 07:47 PM   #2  
Glitter Queen

sewing on cards

Sorry I can't tell you which machine to choose, but I am in the same situation. I also have the provo craft and it is the worst item I have bought. I did some hand stiching on ATC cards this weekend.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2006, 08:04 AM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

It's pretty hard to find a good machine that stitches paper nicely without spending much. I like the faux stitching technique better. You just punch the holes and "stitch" with marker or white gel pen to look like your stitching.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-23-2006, 11:25 AM   #4  
Cardstock Collector

I saw that technique on TV; the ladies just used a regular sewing machine (no special brand) and adjusted the bottom tension. They stated it was a matter of just trying until it worked. And their pages were great. Not sure if this will help??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-23-2006, 12:41 PM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

I just had to post a message to totally agree with the pp's. The Provo Craft sewing machine is by far the biggest piece of junk I have bought in my entire life. It never worked from the moment I bought it. I have a Janome sewing maching but have never tried using it with paper. I will have to try it out. When my husband bought it for me, he was told by an avid sewer that Janome is one of the best brands you can buy. Hope this helps!

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-23-2006, 12:52 PM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

Default -

I got one at Craft Warehouse, I have only used it a few times but it works great. I have also seen them a Michaels and JoAnns. I am not sure the brand it is. But it is small so it doesn't take up much room. I just went to Michaels.com and found one that is kinda like mine but it is smaller than mine. http://www.michaels.com/art/online/d...ductNum=sb0001
Hope that helps.
-Julie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2006, 08:56 AM   #7  
Glitter Guru

I have a singer of course it's much more than what your are all talking about never used iton cards yet! but I do have to say I love he look.just don't get it out enough to do cards with it.maybe some day.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-25-2006, 09:52 AM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

Now that I have a craft room (YIPPEE!!!) I am hoping to try my Kenmore sewing machine on cards. It works great on fabric, and I know if I adjust the tension settings it will work on paper. It has all kinds of great stitches so I will be able to do more than just the basic. Also, I really like the look of zig zag holes without the thread in them, so I'm excited to try that too. I got it as a graduation a gift a few years ago, but I know it was only around $150. It's great quality, and it is for more than just paper. You could also look online or in 2nd hand stores to find one used. Maybe you could get a used fabric machine for the same price as a new paper machine? Just a thought...
Reply With Quote Likes