Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-06-2009, 07:35 AM   #1  
Die Cut Diva

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Hot Foiling supplier??

I am trying to find a source for the foil sheets you use for hot foiling. For this technique you print your design/image with a laser printer or photocopy it and then iron over top of it with the foil sheet over the image. Hopefully, someone knows what I'm talking about and knows where I can get the foiling sheets - a Canadian source would be ideal.

thanks...
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2009, 08:30 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seems to me I recall seeing these in the Paper Wishes catalog. I've done hot foiling but never using the technique you're describing. Sounds interesting! I have one of those old hot foil pens, but they are sort of limiting to say the least!

So after you've ironed over your foil is the rest of the sheet still usable, or will the heat change it somehow...even the stuff that did not transfer to the image?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2009, 10:16 AM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

MSBetsyZ, as far as I know, anything that didn't transfer the first time is reusable. The heat from the iron melts the toner and the foil sticks to it. I have used the kind that you use a glue like TIO&O and then press the foiling paper to that, but I've been trying to stamp with the glue and its not working well, so I though if I could get a hold of the hot foil sheets that would work better.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2009, 01:18 PM   #4  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Catwoman, I have used this technique, there is a site called PatsyMay.co.uk where you can purchase rolls of foil from �5, I saw this demonstrated at a craft fair in Belfast close to where I live, the chap who sold it used the laser printer then used a rather high tech and pricey laminator. I have tested it using an ordinary laminator although you need one which has a temperature control which will heat to a high setting. Rexel do one for about �20. I have had good results, and is especially good if you are wanting to do wedding cards etc. Hope this is helpful.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2009, 06:31 PM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crafters DelightView Post
Hi Catwoman, I have used this technique, there is a site called PatsyMay.co.uk where you can purchase rolls of foil from �5, I saw this demonstrated at a craft fair in Belfast close to where I live, the chap who sold it used the laser printer then used a rather high tech and pricey laminator. I have tested it using an ordinary laminator although you need one which has a temperature control which will heat to a high setting. Rexel do one for about �20. I have had good results, and is especially good if you are wanting to do wedding cards etc. Hope this is helpful.
Thanks, I did a little research this afternoon and found a couple suppliers in the US. Was really hoping to find a supplier in Canada just to cut down on shipping, duty, etc. etc. I actually tried it with some foil I had on hand and I think it would work. I had an old scrap that was printed on a laser printer and it seemed to work when I ironed over it. I'll have to give it another try. Just don't want to waste my foil cause I can't seem to find it around here at reasonable prices.
Reply With Quote Likes