Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Techniques (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/techniques-11/)
-   -   gelli print with clear packing tape (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/techniques-11/gelli-print-clear-packing-tape-585872/)

br3n 03-29-2014 02:13 PM

gelli print with clear packing tape

what do people use to attach to a card since it has differrent things in the spaces?
br3n TIA

UnderstandBlue 03-29-2014 05:24 PM

I would think Crystal Effects, gel medium, something like that might work if the sticky side has all been covered up - great question! I can't wait to hear from someone who has done it. I LOVED this video on this technique and haven't tried it yet.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ZNNboYneDAc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Candida 03-29-2014 05:49 PM

OMG.... It is almost midnight here and I want to make a gelli plate NOW to do this! How fun is that!!! I'm gonna look like a crazy women tomorrow searching for gelatin and sticky tape! THANKS, Lydia for sharing!

dini 03-29-2014 11:41 PM

Psssst! You can use a tile, glass, or wax paper for your layers on this technique.

QueenOfInkland 03-30-2014 07:10 AM

I used this gelli packing tape technique on this ATC PAT 26 ATC Swap with Jmaraul by QueenOfInkland - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Attachment was a conundrum LOL but with that ATC I was able to just wrap the ends of the tape around to the back of the base layer.

It's a great question.............

dini 03-30-2014 01:02 PM

You can buy sheets of double sided adhesive, and that works really well. I had started to play with this a bit before things got crazy over here...

muscrat 03-30-2014 03:23 PM

Oh....I need to find a gelli plate! I love that video, Lydia!!!

br3n 03-31-2014 11:37 AM

thank you all for the quick replies.i sat and watched lots of videos but it just never said what to use to attach with and i wondered if powders would survive crystal effects.will just have to try and see.
br3n

UnderstandBlue 03-31-2014 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QueenOfInkland (Post 20578273)
I used this gelli packing tape technique on this ATC PAT 26 ATC Swap with Jmaraul by QueenOfInkland - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Attachment was a conundrum LOL but with that ATC I was able to just wrap the ends of the tape around to the back of the base layer.

It's a great question.............

I wanna be in a swap with you! :)

QueenOfInkland 04-07-2014 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnderstandBlue (Post 20580244)
I wanna be in a swap with you! :)

Awww, thanks, Lydia xxoo

I want to be in a swap with you, too.

With our new SCS mixed media forum, I can envision mixed media swaps coming into play at some point as involvement and interest in the mixed media forum grows. There is so much potential in that new forum for everyone and anyone who is interested or even just curious about mixed media.

jan31 04-19-2014 10:10 PM

I just happened across this thread and watched the video, how amazing, I have a gelli plate so I must give that a try.

southgirl 04-23-2014 06:57 AM

Just wondering if clear contact paper would work instead of packing tape? And would gelatos work too? Hmmmm I may have to try it and see...

stampin stacy 04-23-2014 07:30 AM

I don't have a Gelli plate so don't know how sturdy they are but don't ya'll worry about it ripping when you pull the tape off? I know with a paint layer underneath it isn't as sticky but what if you miss a spot or don't get a thick enough layer of paint.

UnderstandBlue 04-23-2014 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampin stacy (Post 20607562)
I don't have a Gelli plate so don't know how sturdy they are but don't ya'll worry about it ripping when you pull the tape off? I know with a paint layer underneath it isn't as sticky but what if you miss a spot or don't get a thick enough layer of paint.

In a few places on her tape in the video there was no paint underneath - that's what she filled in with the mica powder - so I think it's okay.

tropicalsmiles 04-23-2014 06:08 PM

wow now I also want to do this... im so tired
but will revisit this tomorrow

stampin stacy 04-24-2014 05:47 AM

I think I'll stick with a plexiglass surface for now and give this a try on it. Will let you know how it goes.