Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Techniques (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/techniques-11/)
-   -   Future Floor Wax... (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/techniques-11/future-floor-wax-36678/)

HisPrincess915 03-18-2005 08:49 PM

Future Floor Wax...

Okay Ladies... I just bought some floor polish today to use with my PearlEx - please tell what specifically to do with it??? :oops:

TIA :D

kim

smartinez182 03-18-2005 08:54 PM

Oo Oo I want to hear this to. (Ok see this but you know what I mean)

TJStamper 03-18-2005 08:55 PM

I have not done this yet - because I can't find the darn floor wax - but from what I understand you can put some in your aqua painter and then you can paint with your Pearl-Ex. No sealer required!

Michelle Laycock 03-18-2005 08:57 PM

Put your floor wax into your aquapainter. Pick up the PE onto the tip and brush it on! Pretty!

(If you don't have an aquapainter, use a watercolor brush and dip in Floor wax and then in PE)

Fun!

smartinez182 03-18-2005 09:00 PM

Hmmm interesting. After you do this is that Aquapainter permantly a wax floor painter?

HisPrincess915 03-18-2005 09:31 PM

Thanks, Michelle and TJ - I'll give it a whirl and if I like the results, I'll post it in the gallery :D

Smartinez - Congratulations on becoming a Demo :) ! I will be signing up on April 1st :shock: !!

kim

LizzieStamps 03-18-2005 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smartinez182
Hmmm interesting. After you do this is that Aquapainter permantly a wax floor painter?

I want to know this too. Also, do you dip your floor wax directly into the PE container or do you put some in a seperate dish to you don't make the PE in the container all clumpy?

I'm itching to try this technique -- when I get the time!

ny2nh 03-19-2005 02:21 AM

I've never tried this - but from what I've read....

1. Once you use your aquapainter for the floor wax, you shouldn;t use it for watercoloring.

2. Be sure to wash it well when done.

3. Don't dip directly into the PE, you will get way too much. Put a little PE on an old CD and use that for your palette.

Now my question.......would this work on the tumbles tiles to color things slightly?

HisPrincess915 03-19-2005 09:03 AM

To: ny2nh...

Quote:

Now my question.......would this work on the tumbles tiles to color things slightly?
Good question! I have a tumbled tile that a friend made for me, using Twinkling H2Os. She painted it on, baked it for a few mintues and then rinsed off in running water - the effect was a softenng of the colors; very pretty! I'll have to play around and see if the Future/PearlEx technique will work that way or not. Will post my results!

kim

smartinez182 03-21-2005 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HisPrincess915
Smartinez - Congratulations on becoming a Demo :) ! I will be signing up on April 1st :shock: !!

kim

Thank you. Good luck to you and your business.

I guess this mean I finally have to cave and get me some aquapainters. My dh did get a raise today. Hmmmmmmm :wink:

Sassy Sioux 03-21-2005 12:15 PM

I have used this technique and love it. It is so easy. Just dip the tip of your Aqua Painter into the Pearl Ex and paint as usual. And YES, I have one AP designated specifically for Future Floor Finish. I keep it with my Pearl Ex. One bottle of Future FFF will last a LONG time.

Sassy Sioux

Ouch!PaperCut 03-21-2005 12:32 PM

Um....stupid question coming, I'm sorry.....does it have to be Future floor wax or will another brand also work?

FromKorea 03-22-2005 04:23 AM

You can also jus take a small bristle paint brush and dip it in the floor wax and then in the PE and it works fine too.
I dont' have any of the aqua painters so that is how I use my Pearl EX.
I love the way it looks on black cardstock.

Cassi

stampin sarah 03-22-2005 05:04 AM

I just use a regular paintbrush also. I had trouble with the aquapainter and too much floor wax coming out (even though I wasn't squeezing it). Just dip the brush into the floor wax, then into the pearl ex and then paint! And I don't have to worry about ruining my nice aquapainters! And I will second Cassi: it looks fabulous on black cardstock, especially if you emboss with silver! Many compliments when I send out that card!

stampingkaren 03-27-2005 03:48 AM

Quote:

does it have to be Future floor wax or will another brand also work?
I read on another thread that it DOES have to be Future, Mop & Glo turns yellow. And to answer another question, I have a little plastic paint palette that I bought at a craft store for about $1, I put a little PE in each well by color and dribble some FFW from the Aquapainter and mix it. You can keep wiping off the Aquapainter just like when you're watercoloring. If you forget and the PE & FFW dries on it, just run it under hot water and it will wash off.

Search under "Future Floor Wax" and lots of beautiful samples will come up! HTH.