Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Techniques (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/techniques-11/)
-   -   Fossil Stone Technique! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/techniques-11/fossil-stone-technique-182464/)

reneejul1 09-11-2006 01:05 PM

Fossil Stone Technique!

1 Attachment(s)
This was a new technique to me, so I thought I'd put a tutorial together.
Here is 2 links to a couple of cards I made:

Fossil Joy , Fossiled Tree

This post has been edited to add the download that waterpixie created.
To save to your computer, right click, choose save target as.
Enjoy

camsmom 09-11-2006 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reneejul1

Leave your email address as a post, so I can send you the file. :)

Julie is it possible to upload your directions here to the site rather than e-mailing each person seperately?
Thanks!

reneejul1 09-11-2006 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camsmom
Julie is it possible to upload your directions here to the site rather than e-mailing each person seperately?
Thanks!

I really wish I could, it would help me out. I emailed them to Beate already, but it is in a jpeg file. I made it on a collage program. I could email it to you as well, and then you could figure out how???? I am some what computer literate, but in so many ways, NOT! LOL :)

WaterPixie 09-11-2006 09:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are the pictures and directions Julie is sharing. Looks like a fun technique and another good use for glossy cardstock!

Thanks for sharing, Julie!

jbalcer 09-12-2006 06:50 AM

I've deleted all the me, too requests, as the file is attached to the original post. :)

genescrapper 09-12-2006 07:03 AM

Julie - Awesome looking technique! Thanks so much for sharing the directions with us!!
Emily - Thanks for creating the file for sharing Julie's technique!!

ilrsing 09-12-2006 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reneejul1

This post has been edited to add the download that waterpixie created.
To save to your computer, right click, choose save target as.
Enjoy

Thanks for sharing! This is a wonderful technique!

ilrsing

reneejul1 09-12-2006 07:24 AM

Thanks goes to waterpixie for making into a document! I have a.jpeg file and I didn't know how to change it. THANKS AGAIN, hope y'all find it helpful :)

reneejul1 09-12-2006 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbalcer
I've deleted all the me, too requests, as the file is attached to the original post. :)

Thanks Jen, I never thought I'd send so many emails out in one day...LOL. Though, I shoulda known, when I hear of something new, I want the info too!

reneejul1 09-12-2006 07:27 AM

Thanks to waterpixie for making my file into a document!! I am not cumputer literate enough to chnage those things! THANKS AGAIN, and hope it helps y'all! :D

etsdas 09-12-2006 08:00 AM

Thanks for sharing.

sunny36 09-12-2006 08:11 AM

I've tried this with Mellow Moss and Creamy Caramel. I love your choices of the greens.

Has anyone else done this, and what ink colours did you use?

Thanks again for sharing, its a great document! :-)

scrown8301 09-12-2006 08:31 AM

Oh how fun! I'm gonna have to go get some of those file folder things. Thanks for sharing!

pattif 09-12-2006 06:19 PM

:D :D Thanks for sharing Julie. Can't wait to try this.

Patti

reneejul1 09-13-2006 07:04 AM

You are very welcome, thanks for all the PMs everyone!

cobrielle 09-13-2006 07:07 AM

Thanks so much for sharing this tutorial!! It's great! :)

sunny36 09-14-2006 06:10 AM

What stamp sets would look good stamped on a piece of c/stock done with this technique?

I did one with Nature Prints, but now that the Summer Mini is finished, so is demo-ing Nature Prints!

Julie, your Lovely as a Tree is beautiful, as is the snowflake, any other possibilites out there? I know there's such a creative group of ladies here, I'm sure there must be countless ideas! :-)

mnhyrkas 09-14-2006 08:41 AM

really neat tutorial. It really seems to look like a faux alcohol ink project. Can wait to see some other samples :)

NiceRAK 09-15-2006 04:30 AM

great technique and samples!

Kristy Davis 09-15-2006 12:37 PM

Great technique! Thanks for sharing this. I can't wait to show the ladies that I stamp with!

casmiles 09-20-2006 06:34 AM

Fossil Stone Technique

I do something very similar to this technique, but it's more mottled. I'm unable to open the tutorial. Could someone please send to me directly- [email protected]. Thanks!!!

Barbra1224 09-20-2006 07:02 AM

This is really cool! Thanks Julie!

mommamea 09-20-2006 08:02 AM

Thank you this is great.

bemidjibelle 09-20-2006 10:35 AM

Thanks for the great tutorial!!! Here's a card I made for autumn.... the technique looked kinda a close up of a leaf when I put the card together!
http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...00&ppuser=3999

Sue

Leanne in Hawaii 09-20-2006 10:52 AM

Help!

For some reason I can not open any of the tutorials for the Fossile Stone technique. I love the look and want desperately to know how to do it.
Thank you in advance. [email protected]
Aloha

allamericanstampers 09-20-2006 10:52 AM

Thanks so much for posting this techinique and the great samples!! (Sue your leaf looks great!) I think I may have to try it with the Nature Prints and some skeleton leaves from TAC--but, not at the same time! :wink:

GmaWash 09-20-2006 11:27 AM

Thanks so much for sharing this technique. I love the effect and am gathering materials to try it right now! I love all the wonderful new things I learn here. You guys are great!!

momil5000 09-20-2006 01:37 PM

I sent Cindy and LeeAnne (above) the file via email and it opened successfully. I love the tutorial and am anxious to try it!

Frisky Feline 09-20-2006 09:10 PM

Thanks for sharing

Wanted to thank you for sharing not only your lovely samples, but the technique as well. I can't wait to give this a try. It looks like a lot of fun. Thanks again. :)

reneejul1 09-21-2006 11:30 AM

I just emailed all who could not open the pdf. HTH :)

Birdieaugust69 09-21-2006 03:55 PM

Hello! I loved your fossil technique, unfortunately, I can't open the tutorial. Could you please e-mail it to me. Thank you!! Annie [email protected]

reneejul1 09-21-2006 07:15 PM

Some new colors I have tried are : bravo burgendy with pretty in pink, so saffron with certainly celery, bashful blue with brilliant blue, perfect plum with elegant eggplant.

CorSai 09-24-2006 03:52 AM

I love the looks of these techique as well. How ever I am one of those that can't open it either. Could some try emailing them to me [email protected]. Thank you.
Corinne

kaschroer 09-24-2006 05:22 AM

I also cannot open the file! Please send to me at [email protected]
Thanks so much!

qvande 09-24-2006 05:28 AM

I tried this technique last night and it turned out really cool. I used really rust and pumpkin pie. The next time I will use more of a contrast. I'm going to emboss leaves in gold on it. Thanks for posting this technique.

alcesalces 09-24-2006 05:37 AM

I want to try Not Quite Navy and Handsome Hunter for that Campbell plaid kind of color scheme.

inkyimages 09-24-2006 03:54 PM

Country Blessing

I just tried this technique and love it. I'm going to teach it at my stamping clubs in October and I think I'll use the Country Blessing set since that's the stamp set I'll be focusing on next month. I think it will look great with the leaves! Hopefully that will help motivate my stampers to purchase the Autumn Elegance Kit!

Louise Dayton 09-25-2006 09:53 AM

luise dayton

Quote:

Originally Posted by casmiles
I do something very similar to this technique, but it's more mottled. I'm unable to open the tutorial. Could someone please send to me directly- [email protected]. Thanks!!!

if you get this technique culd you direct e-mail to me, I can not oopen the fossil stone tech. and can not make anyone on spiltcoaster understand this.
thanks,e-mail address - [email protected] ) love to try this at a class I doing Louise I

DancingRain 09-27-2006 11:40 AM

Opening .pdf files

Quote:

Originally Posted by Louise Dayton
if you get this technique culd you direct e-mail to me, I can not oopen the fossil stone tech. and can not make anyone on spiltcoaster understand this.
thanks,e-mail address - [email protected] ) love to try this at a class I doing Louise I

Greetings Louise,

Yes, we do understand that many cannot open the .pdf files directly from SplitCoastStampers... self included :)

For your enjoyment, the file should be arriving very shortly via email.

In the future, when you want to see/save these file types, simply right click on the file... then click on "save target as"... download it to your desktop... and from there it will open for you (providing you have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer).

Hoping this helps and do have a FUNtastic day!

Dancing Rain

kaschroer 09-27-2006 11:54 AM

Thanks!

Dancing Rain, You are the BEST for taking pity on those of us who are computer illiterates! I just received the file you e-mailed...thank you, thank you, thank you!!! Karen