Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-07-2005, 09:02 AM   #1  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default someone PLEASE explain the baby wipes technique to me??

I keep seeing ppl mention this technique, but I can't for the life of me figure out what you're all doing. something with baby wipes and re-inkers please share! I wanna play too
TIA
Michelle
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2005, 09:44 AM   #2  
Mad Swapper

Here's the way I've done it...learned it from someone here on SCS.

Lay out two wipes, one on top of the other. Fold into fourths. Using 2-3 colors of reinker, put several spots of each color on the wipe, staying away from the edges and corners. Fold all four corners back, to give you something to hold onto (the ink side will be down). Pounce on glossy cardstock - or you can add a little twist as you're lifting the wipe back up for a more blended look...also really nice! Have plenty of cardstock ready...the wipes keep going and going!

I have one lonely little card in my gallery - and the background was done with this technique. The little dots on my b/g are from the design on the wipes (Target). If you don't like the look, try it with wipes that don't have a design on them. Didn't have any luck trying it on non-glossy...the wipes are too wet and the paper gets soggy and curls.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2005, 08:28 PM   #3  
Mad Swapper

I have two other techniques I have used with baby wipes. On a baby wipe(I fold in quarters and place it on a plastic baggy so as not to make a mess) apply reinkers in a random pattern. I like to scribble it with the first color, then fill in with other colors to create a pretty random pattern, or you can make stripes like a rainbow, whatever floats your boat. Essentially you are creating your own multicolored stamp pad on the wipe. Then I choose a bold stamp (such as shapes and shadows or simply circles) and stamp onto the wipe. I am careful to put the stamp to the "pad" once then to the paper, as you do not want to overblend the colors so that they stay vivid. Then I wipe the stamp with a clean babywipe before inking it again on the "pad" This helps to keep the colors crisp. I have a sample in my gallery of this technique - but I am too much of a loser to know how to link you to my gallery - it is on my website which I do have as a link in my siggy.

I also use babywipes with reinkers for an easy watercolor effect. I just add a little reinker to the wipe then swipe it over the area I want to color. I have used this to create quick multicolor backgrounds, such as making a sunset effect with yellows and oranges.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2005, 09:39 AM   #4  
Mad Swapper

cool! I can't wait to try these! thanks
Michelle
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2005, 01:30 AM   #5  
New Mommy

Received 144 Likes on 102 Posts

Those 2 samples are very helpful--thanks for sharing
Reply With Quote Likes