Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Techniques (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/techniques-11/)
-   -   Faux Cloisonn� Tecnique by me :) (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/techniques-11/faux-cloisonn%E9-tecnique-me-363504/)

monica_colocci 07-13-2008 09:26 AM

Faux Cloisonn� Tecnique by me :)

I have adapted the faux cloisonne tecnique that I know because it uses perfect pearls or pearl-ex to paint the image. Here in Brazil, this kind of material are very very expensive and difficult to find so I decided to adpat the original tecnique using materaisl easily found here in Brazil. I made a double gold emboss and completed the image design with transparent and color glossy accents. I love the result. I used a stamp from my own company, Carimboteca.

Here is the link to image:

//www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/980390?nocache=1

I hope you like it!

Kisses from Brazil

Cathy H 07-13-2008 04:23 PM

It shows the image is pending approval!

diane617 07-13-2008 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cathy H (Post 10521060)
It shows the image is pending approval!

that's probably because the mod's are off on Sunday and only fan club members get instant approval. We'll look tomorrow.

monica_colocci 07-13-2008 05:11 PM

Oh I'm so sorry about that. I don't know why but I think it's because I'm a new member. Hope you can see it soon :)

Robbind 07-13-2008 05:28 PM

Obrigada

Thank you for posting. I wanted to see it too but I am not a subscriber. It sounds really pretty . Since I am a visual type of learner, I have to see what you did by looking at it.. I will be back.

mary williams 07-13-2008 05:31 PM

This is one of my favorite techniques. I cannot wait for your design to get out of pending so I can put your dispcription with the actual art. I'll check back on Monday to see. Thanks for sharing with us all!

Mary

Cathy H 07-14-2008 10:56 AM

OK - it's been approved - it's a beautiful card. TFS

jimandbeth1 07-14-2008 11:40 AM

very nice

graciez 07-14-2008 03:12 PM

A very beautiful card...thanks for sharing it with us...gracie

monica_colocci 07-14-2008 04:26 PM

Thank you for all kind comments.
I am very proud for sharing my version of this tecnique :) I made a gold embossing (twice) and after I fill the image spaces with a color transparent relief ink, I don't know how you name it in US, but it's similar to glossy accents from Ranger Ink, except that the ink that I used has many transparent

lcmdws 07-14-2008 04:48 PM

I have some glaze pens that might do something similar...hmmm may have to get OFF the computer and try it sometime!! Thanks for sharing your pretty card. And welcome to SCS.

SouthernStorm 07-14-2008 07:09 PM

Thank you so much, Monica! SU! Crystal Effects and Judikins Diamond Glaze are practically the same thing as the Ranger Glossy Accents. I have the Diamond Glaze and have previously thought about embossing a lined image then, after coloring, pouring in the DG. I'm so glad to see how pretty it'll be. Again, thanks so much for sharing with us. I've added dye re-inker to DG to color it any color, otherwise, it dries clear. I love your flowers. May God bless, Sandi