Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Techniques (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/techniques-11/)
-   -   Distressed Ink Pads (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/techniques-11/distressed-ink-pads-17992/)

tishintexas 11-26-2004 06:29 AM

Distressed Ink Pads

Hey guys, I picked a couple of these up because they were 50% off but have never used them, anybody used them? Know of any samples? Have any samples? I have seen them on scrapbook pages, but kind of hard for me to imagine on a card. Thanks ahead of time!

gerrier2 11-26-2004 09:03 AM

distressed ink pads

I run them around the edges of the cardstock. Neat on torn edges too.

seaowl60 11-26-2004 09:35 AM

I have a card posted in my gallery called "I Like your Style" that uses distress ink. I haven't yet figures out how to add the link.

Kerilou 11-26-2004 03:40 PM

I love distressing!

3 Attachment(s)
I have several of the distress pads, and i love them...I am gonna ATTEMPT to stick a pic of a card I made on here with the black soot pad...PM me if it doesn't work, and i will email it to ya! Kerilou

Sereikastamper 11-26-2004 03:46 PM

So what are these pads? Why are they any different?

emilymomto3boys 11-26-2004 03:52 PM

I don't know, but my LSS had some today too. Both the scrapping stores here had 20% off everything today. I could only manage to spend $20 and I looked and looked. I am new to scrapping so I don't know what to use yet...

heresrita 11-26-2004 04:08 PM

Quote:

Distressed Ink Pads
Well, I'd say to stop using them for a while. :wink:

heresrita 11-26-2004 04:09 PM

Sorry, could help it!

What is a "distressed ink pad" :?: Inquiring (and twisted) minds want to know.

Kerilou 11-26-2004 04:48 PM

Tim Holtz's
Distress Ink™ Pads

6 NEW COLORS!

Tim Holtz Distress Inks are a collection of twelve acid-free, non-toxic, fade resistant, water-based dye inks. They’re perfect for the new vintage, stained, aged effect crafters are creating in their altered books, scrapbook pages, cards and paper craft projects. Tim selected the colors and helped develop these inks to produce a realistic, weathered look on paper, photos and decorative fibers. The 6 new, colorful Distress Inks afford added versatility when photo tinting and color layering with his six original, award winning tones. The 2" x 2" pads are new made with a higher raised felt for easier use with direct to paper techniques, Re-inkers available in .5 oz. amber glass bottles with eye drop applicators.

love em' kerilou

spammie 11-26-2004 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heresrita
Quote:

Distressed Ink Pads
Well, I'd say to stop using them for a while. :wink:

How long does it take for them to calm down?!!?

Kerilou 11-26-2004 04:56 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Tim Holtz's Distress Ink™ Pads
Here are some key points that make Distress Inks different:

STAYS WET LONGER - (allows you to blend and shade on photos and paper - also emboss) other dye inks dry too fast especially on photos so you end up with lines and marks if you go direct from the pad.

COLOR WICKS OR SPREADS OUT - (these inks will travel across the surface of your paper when spritzed with water) other dyes do not travel as much although they might bleed a little when wet, the Distress Inks actually "wick" or spread out much further creating several tone on tones.

COLOR STABILITY - (the colors of the Distress Inks will not break down when wet or heated allowing you to have more color control for the finished look) other "brown colored" dyes will break down when water is added leaving a pink & green hue.

Here is a page I did with the vintage photo ink pad...you can even use it on photos!!! Kerilou

Sereikastamper 11-26-2004 05:30 PM

Gorgeous page and Thanks for all the info...I will have to keep that in mind....

heresrita 11-27-2004 07:43 PM

Hey, that's neat!!! Like the page.

margit 11-28-2004 05:46 AM

Kerilou, Your examples are GREAT!
How fun, and you've given us lots of food for thought!!

Great jokes - heresrita!!!!
I get it, I get it!!

margit

creeklife 11-28-2004 06:41 AM

Tim Holtz has a DVD that shows projects and hands-on use of the distressed ink technique. It's kind of expensive ($35.99) but is supposed to run for a couple of hours and shows a lot of stuff. I have not watched the DVD but have seen it on the shelf at a couple of stamping stores. I think you can also go to www.rangerinks.com for a full tutorial and "opportunity" to purchse the DVD.

s1itcher46 11-28-2004 07:27 AM

distressed ink

I just used this ink at a Rubber Stamp Convention. They had us crumple a piece of creamy caramel cardstock. That was the hardest part, you have to push the center up to get the CS to give and crumple.

Smooth it out some, you want it bumpy. Rub the ink pad over the CS, direct to paper method, not too heavy you just want to hit the high spots.

Then you mist it with water, (I found it had to be really wet) place a piece of scrap paper over it,(I would use another piece of crumpled CS as the scrap paper looked as cool as the cardstock.) Then you iron it out.

You get an aged, worn, faded effect. I'll try to attach a picture. I'm not a fan of the card. I wanted to see the technique. You can put this ink right over pictures, too.

s1itcher46 11-28-2004 07:33 AM

6 Attachment(s)
All right try again. Attachment.

Sereikastamper 11-28-2004 08:03 AM

WOW That is cool!

stampinhappy 11-28-2004 12:02 PM

WOW! Beautiful samples!