Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-12-2009, 06:49 AM   #561  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicmarthView Post
Here's the link for what Nancy's talking about...(I think)

http://www.mylifetime.com/lifestyle/...lower-patterns
Gorgeous Flowers.....yeah, something new to try!! Thanks for sharing the link ladies!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2009, 06:53 AM   #562  
Cardstock Collector

Thumbs up Too new

Thanks for the link. That is the flower. I am too new to add a url...maybe someday I can.
Nancy (gmastamps)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2009, 04:01 PM   #563  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Here is a crochet clover leaf:
http://www.lionbrand.com/cgi-bin/faq...letterId=54673

My blog: www.maryscraftroom.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2009, 04:57 PM   #564  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftymomto2View Post
How cute is that! Thanks for sharing. :-)

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2009, 04:52 AM   #565  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftymomto2View Post
Love it! Thanks Mary!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2009, 09:19 AM   #566  
Rubber Obsessor

Here is the specific post for the crochet flowers:

http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/capt...challenge.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vina82View Post
There's a pretty crochet flower tutorial on Nichole's blog (Papertrey Ink). I made a bunch of them last night..cute & quick! Check it out:

http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/capture_the_moment/

My blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2009, 11:54 AM   #567  
Inking Addict

Has anyone had any luck with dying white crochet thread with the SU re-inkers? Anyone tried it? Just curious.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2009, 12:38 PM   #568  
Kookie Creator

Thanks for all the gret ideas. Another use for my DMC floss collection. Yippee!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2009, 02:31 PM   #569  
Kookie Creator

Default Reinkers and white thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bstreeterView Post
Has anyone had any luck with dying white crochet thread with the SU re-inkers? Anyone tried it? Just curious.
Yes, I gave it a try... Below is a link to a picture of my pink flower. I just put a few drops of the ink in a small bowl and added water (like a teaspoon or 2). Then dipped the flower in and poked it around until it was saturated. I pressed it on paper towels and let it dry. I have no idea if it would be colorfast or anything, but it worked for a quick fix.

Chocolate box for a stamp by ChrisE at Splitcoaststampers

My Little Gallery!
-----------------------------------
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2009, 10:55 AM   #570  
Polyshrink Goddess

I like using the doily thread and very small hooks for these. If you know how to read a doily pattern, you can find some neat flowers within them as well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2009, 10:59 AM   #571  
Polyshrink Goddess

http://thehandmadedress.blogspot.com...-tutorial.html
In case anyone wants to actually see how, with pictures.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2009, 11:01 AM   #572  
Polyshrink Goddess

I really like these for cards: http://www.piggycrochet.com/free_flower_pattern.html

Rnd 1 : Ch 5 , join to form a ring , 12 scs in the ring , join with slip st to first st .Rnd 2 : Ch 5 ( counts as first dc + ch 2 ) , dc in the next st ,( ch 2 , dc in the next st) 10 times, ch 2 , join with slip st to first dc.Rnd 3 : Sc in the first ch 2 space [ ch 2 ,dc ( ch1 , dc ) 6 times in the same space , sc in the next ch 2 space ] repeat in each ch 2 space , join with slip st to first st .
Rnd 4 : Work 2 scs in each ch 1 and ch 2 space all around , join with slip st to first sc , fasten off .
Rnd 5 : Join pink in any st , ( ch 2 , skip next st , sc in the next on ) repeat all around , join with slip st to first st , fasten off .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2009, 03:42 AM   #573  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by giasianaView Post
I really like these for cards: http://www.piggycrochet.com/free_flower_pattern.html

Rnd 1 : Ch 5 , join to form a ring , 12 scs in the ring , join with slip st to first st .Rnd 2 : Ch 5 ( counts as first dc + ch 2 ) , dc in the next st ,( ch 2 , dc in the next st) 10 times, ch 2 , join with slip st to first dc.Rnd 3 : Sc in the first ch 2 space [ ch 2 ,dc ( ch1 , dc ) 6 times in the same space , sc in the next ch 2 space ] repeat in each ch 2 space , join with slip st to first st .
Rnd 4 : Work 2 scs in each ch 1 and ch 2 space all around , join with slip st to first sc , fasten off .
Rnd 5 : Join pink in any st , ( ch 2 , skip next st , sc in the next on ) repeat all around , join with slip st to first st , fasten off .
What a cute little flower.....will have to give that a try very soon. Thanks for sharing with us!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2009, 04:17 AM   #574  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by giasianaView Post

That is just absolutely adorable! Thanks so much for sharing - I've already printed it out for my pattern binder!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2009, 08:55 AM   #575  
Kookie Creator

Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by galeView Post
I've been planning to do this-just need to get the crochet yarn/thread. Here are the links I've collected but I haven't tried any of them yet:

http://mycrochetstuff.blogspot.com/2...e-crochet.html

http://www.ehow.com/how_2167782_crochet-flowers.html

http://applehead.typepad.com/applehe...wer_power.html

http://www.craftstylish.com/item/432...-flower-part-1

eta: I am positive my mom has made these before and I'm pretty sure we kids also made them when we were younger. I don't think they're that hard but using the thinner thread and also making something so small might be tougher than making, say, a granny square from chunky yarn. I'm going to J's tomorrow for the thread if I remember. Probably might as well get a crochet hook or two also-I don't think I have them anymore.
Great links, thanks. I am definitely going to be making some flowers in my future. Too bad that I just sold all of my yarn at a garage sale that we had a couple of weeks ago. Am totally cleaned out. Oh, well, good excuse for another shopping trip, or some garage sales, to pick up some remnants. LoL.

Have yourself a happy stamping, err crocheting day!

Trish in Wisconsin
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2009, 12:35 PM   #576  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Here is a link for a knitted flower, petunia:
http://www.lionbrand.com/cgi-bin/faq...letterId=54728

My blog: www.maryscraftroom.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2009, 10:15 AM   #577  
Matboard Maniac

Lately, I have become obsessed with the crochet flower. I taught myself general crocheting a few years back, but had to refresh a little for this. I was able to do the pattern on Nichole Heady, of PTI's, blog & another I followed thru a link somewhere.

I have experimented with different needles & threads. I have a book (how I taught myself) but does anyone have a good book or online source where it explains all the relations between threads and hooks? I get a little confused.

Also, I think I have a tendency to pull tightly, then my flowers seem a little stretched out. But sometimes it seems as if I can barely get my thread thru the loops on hook, does that mean i may have the wrong thread/hook combo?

Any tips or any recommendations for crocheting resources would be greatly appreciated.

By the way....very nice flowers & patterns, I am def inspired!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2009, 12:30 PM   #578  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvpaisleyView Post
Also, I think I have a tendency to pull tightly, then my flowers seem a little stretched out. But sometimes it seems as if I can barely get my thread thru the loops on hook, does that mean i may have the wrong thread/hook combo?
I think you're just pulling too tightly. One way I read about how to loosen up was to hold your yarn as soft as you want your project to be. I was making baby blankets and I obviously wanted them to be soft and comforting and for some reason, that was just the concept I needed to hold my left hand (the yarn feeding hand) and the yarn coming through that hand nice and loose.

As for some places for resources, check out www.crochetville.org. It's a great forum and people share projects, patterns and have great advice!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2009, 06:53 AM   #579  
Matboard Maniac

musicmarth - thanks for the advice! I loosened up a little and the whole process seemed to go better.

I'm currently just playing around with the different types of yarn/floss, and different patterns, trying to see what i like best.

Anyone make more tiny flowers, like the size of primas? Do you just do less chains to start, so smaller ring? I'm sure they are prolly tricky to work with, but i think for a card accent, smaller would be better.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2009, 06:57 AM   #580  
Pearl-ExPert

Smile Little Flowers

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvpaisleyView Post
musicmarth - thanks for the advice! I loosened up a little and the whole process seemed to go better.

I'm currently just playing around with the different types of yarn/floss, and different patterns, trying to see what i like best.

Anyone make more tiny flowers, like the size of primas? Do you just do less chains to start, so smaller ring? I'm sure they are prolly tricky to work with, but i think for a card accent, smaller would be better.
Hi! I use these directions for the small flowers....http://mycrochetstuff.blogspot.com/2...e-crochet.html... they take about 5 minutes, minus the leaves.

Let me know what you think!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2009, 10:26 AM   #581  
Matboard Maniac

Default Same flower

Quote:

Originally Posted by cvansluysView Post
Hi! I use these directions for the small flowers....http://mycrochetstuff.blogspot.com/2...e-crochet.html... they take about 5 minutes, minus the leaves.

Let me know what you think!
I use the same pattern for most of my card flowers. Sometimes I modify it a bit to get the pointy tips. I like really small and tight ones so I use the #10 crochet thread and a 2.0mm hook and "choke" my thread, sometimes until I can barely get the hook through. I like them better that way and they end up being small enough to put on a 1" square with a tiny bit of space around it and a 4mm brad for a center (see green card and black one). If I want even smaller, I use embroidery floss and split it in half so I only use three strands with my 2.0mm hook (pink flowers). I have to crochet a bit looser with it and frequently go quite cross-eyed trying to make it, but it looks nice. The floss strands want to separate, so you have to be careful of that,too.

A sampling of my flowers is attached. Sorry the pic is not great, I'm trying to get used to a new camera and it's macro is quite different. The ruler should help with size. The pink is probably mostly done with the three strands of embroidery floss, but the odd one may have six. The white is #10, can't remember brand but it's 1000yds, from Wal-Mart and the blue is #15 Clea by Circulo Mercerized 100% cotton (from a specialty shop over a decade ago). Promised this months ago:oops:, but finally, here it is.
Attached Thumbnails
Crocheting your own Fleurettes-2009_0517first_fuji_pics0205.jpg   Crocheting your own Fleurettes-2009_0517first_fuji_pics0210.jpg   Crocheting your own Fleurettes-2009_0517first_fuji_pics0187.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2009, 10:30 AM   #582  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by dogzrulecaView Post
I use the same pattern for most of my card flowers. Sometimes I modify it a bit to get the pointy tips. I like really small and tight ones so I use the #10 crochet thread and a 2.0mm hook and "choke" my thread, sometimes until I can barely get the hook through. I like them better that way and they end up being small enough to put on a 1" square with a tiny bit of space around it and a 4mm brad for a center (see green card and black one). If I want even smaller, I use embroidery floss and split it in half so I only use three strands with my 2.0mm hook (pink flowers). I have to crochet a bit looser with it and frequently go quite cross-eyed trying to make it, but it looks nice. The floss strands want to separate, so you have to be careful of that,too.

A sampling of my flowers is attached. Sorry the pic is not great, I'm trying to get used to a new camera and it's macro is quite different. The ruler should help with size. The pink is probably mostly done with the three strands of embroidery floss, but the odd one may have six. The white is #10, can't remember brand but it's 1000yds, from Wal-Mart and the blue is #15 Clea by Circulo Mercerized 100% cotton (from a specialty shop over a decade ago). Promised this months ago:oops:, but finally, here it is.
What a fabulous job you did....you should be very proud of yourself! I love the blue thread! Thanks for posting!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2009, 10:41 AM   #583  
Matboard Maniac

Thanks for all the info! You all are very helpful. I love the diagram of flowers, and thanks for explaining the different yarn/thread used. I just picked up some #10 crochet thread, so I am excited to try that. And i love all the itty bitty flowers, they are just cute!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2009, 10:55 AM   #584  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Forgot to ask where you got the directions to the blue flower in the upper right corner? I would love the directions or a link to the directions. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2009, 01:51 PM   #585  
Inking Addict

subbing, just learning to crochet, but hope to make these
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2009, 02:11 PM   #586  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrappymoodnzView Post
subbing, just learning to crochet, but hope to make these
Have fun learning.....they are so cute and fun to do!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2009, 02:45 PM   #587  
Matboard Maniac

Default Flower Power

Quote:

Originally Posted by cvansluysView Post
Forgot to ask where you got the directions to the blue flower in the upper right corner? I would love the directions or a link to the directions. Thanks!
It was one of the links in this thread. I only copied the details into Word documents, not the web address. It was called Flower Power. I can send you the Word doc via e-mail if you want the whole photo tutorial or you can just follow the cut & pasted instructions below. Truly sorry if this was copy protected, but I don't think it was. Strangely enough, although I love this flower, I've only made the one, but it was the basis for modifying the small one I normally do so that it's more pointy.

Five petal flower

To begin: Chain 5 and join with Sl st to first chain to form ring. ( if you prefer use the base adjustable ring method which results in a perfect centre every time...)
Round 1: Ch 2 ( counts as 1 sc) and work 15 sc into the ring, sl st to beginning chain.
Round 2: *Ch 4, skip 2 sc, sl st into next sc: repeat from * 4 more times ending in last stitch in base of beginning chain.
Round 3: in each Ch 4 space work 1sc, 4 dc ,1 tr, 4 dc, 1 sc: join with a sl st to first sc.
End yarn, leaving a tail for stitching or joining if desired.
The great thing about this flower is that you can stop after the second round and have a small very basic flower or with a slight variation in round 3: into each 4 ch space work 1 sc, 9 dc, 1 sc to give a more rounded petal shape.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2009, 07:52 PM   #588  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

It was one of the links in this thread. I only copied the details into Word documents, not the web address. It was called Flower Power. I can send you the Word doc via e-mail if you want the whole photo tutorial or you can just follow the cut & pasted instructions below. Truly sorry if this was copy protected, but I don't think it was. Strangely enough, although I love this flower, I've only made the one, but it was the basis for modifying the small one I normally do so that it's more pointy.

Five petal flower

To begin: Chain 5 and join with Sl st to first chain to form ring. ( if you prefer use the base adjustable ring method which results in a perfect centre every time...)
Round 1: Ch 2 ( counts as 1 sc) and work 15 sc into the ring, sl st to beginning chain.
Round 2: *Ch 4, skip 2 sc, sl st into next sc: repeat from * 4 more times ending in last stitch in base of beginning chain.
Round 3: in each Ch 4 space work 1sc, 4 dc ,1 tr, 4 dc, 1 sc: join with a sl st to first sc.
End yarn, leaving a tail for stitching or joining if desired.
The great thing about this flower is that you can stop after the second round and have a small very basic flower or with a slight variation in round 3: into each 4 ch space work 1 sc, 9 dc, 1 sc to give a more rounded petal shape.
Thanks! I will give this a go tomorrow!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2009, 07:53 PM   #589  
Pearl-ExPert

In case anyone would like the new matches of DMC floss to the new In-Colors....here you go compliments of dsmith2543.

Soft Suede: 3790
Rich Razzleberry: 327
Bermuda Bay: 992 or 959
Melon Mambo: 335 or 956
Crushed Curry: 382 or 3820
Dusty Durango: 920
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2009, 08:21 PM   #590  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Cards for a Cause Challenge Hostess

subscribing, still looking for a card made about ten days ago that had the most beautiful butterfly, thought I saved it to my favorites, but I cannot find it. *~*
designing for
verve stamps, sunday stamps, inspired by, and as you see it challenges
AMAZON shopping

Philippians 4:6-7

Looking for a place to send your stash of cards? Check out Cards For A Cause
Help US Help Others!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2009, 08:37 PM   #591  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,113 Likes on 967 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by va.sunshineView Post
subscribing, still looking for a card made about ten days ago that had the most beautiful butterfly, thought I saved it to my favorites, but I cannot find it. *~*
a crocheted butterfly? or with crocheted flowers on the card? Do you think you can describe the card?
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies

Last edited by lacyquilter; 06-24-2009 at 08:41 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2009, 09:04 PM   #592  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Teresa...I haven't seen the card you are talking about, but this link has a gorgeous butterfly. I also love her cross pattern. They look a little complicated to me though.

http://www.geocities.com/cherilynm/index.html

Quote:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2009, 02:48 AM   #593  

Quote:

Originally Posted by lacyquilterView Post
a crocheted butterfly? or with crocheted flowers on the card? Do you think you can describe the card?

It had two crocheted bytterflies on it and they are gorgoes, I cannot remember much else about the card. As I am jogging my memory, I am wondering if I didn't see it on someones blog.......hhhhmmmmm...I really thought it was here, I remember I sent it to a girlfriend. She says she doesn't have it either. I know it will turn up. thanks so much for your help, SCS gals are the nicest people. *~*
designing for
AMAZON shopping

Help US Help Others!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2009, 02:51 AM   #594  

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgtStamperView Post
Hey Teresa...I haven't seen the card you are talking about, but this link has a gorgeous butterfly. I also love her cross pattern. They look a little complicated to me though.

http://www.geocities.com/cherilynm/index.html
Jamie,

Hello, to you...I think of you often, so sorry I don't get by your blog to show some love. There is not enough hours in the day. Thanks for the link, it looks really complicated to me. The ones on the card I saw where sweet and kinda puffy like the cute little flowers. I know it will turn up. Big hugs to you! *~*
designing for
AMAZON shopping

Help US Help Others!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2009, 03:39 AM   #595  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:

It had two crocheted bytterflies on it and they are gorgoes, I cannot remember much else about the card. As I am jogging my memory, I am wondering if I didn't see it on someones blog.......hhhhmmmmm...I really thought it was here, I remember I sent it to a girlfriend. She says she doesn't have it either. I know it will turn up. thanks so much for your help, SCS gals are the nicest people. *~*
Is this the one?

Crocheted Butterflies #2 -jm by catcrazy at Splitcoaststampers
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2009, 04:27 AM   #596  

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Quote:

That's the one! Teresa, your search is over. :-)

Wanda Cullen ~ Dirty Dozen Alumni, On design team for Papertrey Ink, Designer for Color Throwdown and Fusion Card Challenges Cullen-ary Creations[/URL]...my blog HERE'S MY GALLERY[/URL]

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2009, 04:36 AM   #597  

Quote:

yes, yes, yes......oh my isn't it adorable, I really luv those cute little butterflies....thanks you soooo much! It's in my favorites now....Please stop by and show her some luv, thansk again! *~*
designing for
AMAZON shopping

Help US Help Others!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2009, 04:38 AM   #598  

Quote:

Originally Posted by cullenwrView Post
That's the one! Teresa, your search is over. :-)

yeah, I knew it wouldn't take these talented women long to find it....thanks again! BTW, Wanda can't wait to spend some time with you this weekend. *~*
designing for
AMAZON shopping

Help US Help Others!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2009, 06:15 AM   #599  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:

yes, yes, yes......oh my isn't it adorable, I really luv those cute little butterflies....thanks you soooo much! It's in my favorites now....Please stop by and show her some luv, thansk again! *~*
You're welcome. I know it sounds simple, but I just searched for *crocheted butterflies* thinking that would be in the description or keywords.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2009, 05:59 PM   #600  
Stampin' Fool

These are ALL Great...
TFS
Reply With Quote Likes