Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-11-2010, 05:34 PM   #201  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a bunch of the older glass canning jars with the glass lids and metal hinges that hold the glass top down. Has anyone made anything with these kind of jars for crafts shows? Since the rubber rings are no longer made and any that are out there are to old to use for a good seal using for food items is not an option. I have both pint and quart ones. Any ideas??
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2010, 06:36 PM   #202  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommyspencerView Post
Beth, what size bags do you package your post it note holders in?
I use the 4x6 zip bags that I get from Hobby Lobby.
They are cheap and cover the post it notes perfectly.

Hope that helps -
Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2010, 07:13 PM   #203  
Matboard Maniac

Default Post-It Holders

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampnsk8rView Post
2 more designs for my post it notes...once I had the paper cut I could do these in about 5 min.

Attachment 195553 Attachment 195554
Hi Lisa, your post-it holders are just fab! WOW! Did you use some sort of premade flowers and leaves for these? They certainly do not look like they only took 5 minutes, so what is your secret??? Also, do you have a pattern for that style of post-it holder? I have been making the ones with the mini pen and have seen several other designs, but not that one. Thanks for your help!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2010, 07:14 PM   #204  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by DianeCraftView Post
Can you tell me how many M & M's fit in each tube?
Without it looking crowded you can put 25 M&M's, 19 Skittles, 26 reeces pieces and 12 bubble gum balls
This will give you room to attach a tag at the top!

Altered by Jenn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2010, 07:28 PM   #205  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaitysmomView Post
For the larger purchases, I will be using some plastic shopping bags (with handle cut-out) that I bought on etsy. I have a much larger sticker with my store and contact information that I will apply to the front. I also stamped a little flower on each label. SO easy and inexpensive!

Here is a quick pix:
Attachment 195196
I bought bags just like this from OrientalTrading too

Altered by Jenn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2010, 08:55 PM   #206  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhb1281View Post
I have a bunch of the older glass canning jars with the glass lids and metal hinges that hold the glass top down. Has anyone made anything with these kind of jars for crafts shows? Since the rubber rings are no longer made and any that are out there are to old to use for a good seal using for food items is not an option. I have both pint and quart ones. Any ideas??
Our dollar store has some jars I'm going to get. I'm going to etch on them - there are tutorials on here for that. I may try to stamp and color too, using gesso for the base. They can work for candy jars if you can't find seals.

MY GALLERY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2010, 09:40 PM   #207  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krafty*KateView Post
Hi Lisa, your post-it holders are just fab! WOW! Did you use some sort of premade flowers and leaves for these? They certainly do not look like they only took 5 minutes, so what is your secret??? Also, do you have a pattern for that style of post-it holder? I have been making the ones with the mini pen and have seen several other designs, but not that one. Thanks for your help!

I pre-punced and assembled the floweres ahead of time (sitting in front of the TV assembling flowers and I don't know how long that was)...and once everything is cut and I know what design I want to make...I did about 10 in an hour...that's 5-6 min each assembly line style. I started with an 8 1/2" x 3 1/2" sheet of paper and scored at 3, 3 1/2, and 6 1/2. for the front flap I just make a tic mark about 1/2" in on both sides and cut from the tic mark to the last scored line. that gives you the angle. I then took a boarder punch...or some of them I cut using the clever cut...and trimmed up the front flap. If the flower isn't big enough to hold the flap down I use velcro. I don't use much...but just a little piece. To make the leaves cut a strip of paper about an inch wide and fold in half. Run that through your crimper at an angle and then just cut leaves out...mostly just like cutting out a half an oval...keeping the ends pointed. The prep work took longer then 5 min...lol...but I didn't time myself doing that...so I don't always account for it. Hope this all made sense. I know I saw a video showing how to do the leaves at some point and time...but when and where...I have no clue (youtube I think). ok...I'm done blah blah blahing. Have a good night.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2010, 09:45 PM   #208  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenn21404View Post
I bought bags just like this from OrientalTrading too

I saw bags like this on oriental trading too...they even had them in purple...$4 for 50 of them. Saw them this week...I'm going to order them Fri. I still have about a month to go (Oct 9th) so I'm sure they'll be here by then. The site is down right now otherwise I would post a link.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2010, 07:14 AM   #209  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[quote=kaitysmom;17279953]
In the meantime, I have been working on non-holiday items. I know that this may sound really strange, but my notebooks, journals, post it note holders etc. all sell better if they are NOT Christmas!]

Here, too. I don't sell much Christmas themed stuff. I still keep offering it, but non-holiday stuff sells better.

I've been working like a fiend getting ready for my first craft show in October. I have a lot, I think, but I'm always concerned it's not enough.

My last project was refrigerator clips with owls on them. You can see them on my blog. Debra Lois Designs
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2010, 08:55 AM   #210  
Stampin' Fool

Thumbs up

[QUOTE=greetingsbydebra;17298094]
Quote:

In the meantime, I have been working on non-holiday items. I know that this may sound really strange, but my notebooks, journals, post it note holders etc. all sell better if they are NOT Christmas!]

Here, too. I don't sell much Christmas themed stuff. I still keep offering it, but non-holiday stuff sells better.

I've been working like a fiend getting ready for my first craft show in October. I have a lot, I think, but I'm always concerned it's not enough.

My last project was refrigerator clips with owls on them. You can see them on my blog. Debra Lois Designs
Those clips are too darn cute!!!!! Seeing things like this on this site inspire me daily.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2010, 09:13 AM   #211  
Matboard Maniac

What size envelopes do I need to buy for 2 per sheet note cards? When folded, they are actually 1/4 sheet in size.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2010, 09:40 AM   #212  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by greetingsbydebraView Post
These owls are way too cute. I had to look further down the page after that...I really love what you did with your old wood blocks. What a great idea. Very nice blog Debra!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2010, 09:43 AM   #213  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by imlynneView Post
What size envelopes do I need to buy for 2 per sheet note cards? When folded, they are actually 1/4 sheet in size.
If you're looking for envies to mail or give...you need A2 size (4 3/8 x 5 7/. If you're looking for clear envies to show or sell them in...I would go a little bigger so you can fit the card and envelope in the bag.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2010, 10:05 AM   #214  
Matboard Maniac

Lisa, thanks for the info about the flowers. I love your post-it holders!

Can someone please post the link to print your own mini 2011 calendars for the chipboard coaster calendars? I think the other link is on the previous gi-normous thread and I just don't feel like searching thru it. Also, I think someone had a company they bought the mini calendars from? Wondering if that would be easier than printing and cutting my own, especially if the price was right... Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2010, 10:16 AM   #215  
Matboard Maniac

Thanks, Lisa. They are for mailing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2010, 10:25 AM   #216  
Pearl-ExPert

Debra, your owls are too cute! I too want to make them!!!

I finally finished my post-it note holders and the magnetic message boards (still have 1 sheet left but no DSP :(). Attached are the photos!

The message boards have one clothespin magnet and one embellished magnet - the latter is hard to see in the photos because it blends with the patterened paper.
Attached Thumbnails
Craft Sale Best Sellers - Ideas and Discussion-dsc05571-1.jpg   Craft Sale Best Sellers - Ideas and Discussion-dsc05575-1.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2010, 10:52 AM   #217  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Can someone please post the link to print your own mini 2011 calendars for the chipboard coaster calendars? I think the other link is on the previous gi-normous thread and I just don't feel like searching thru it. Also, I think someone had a company they bought the mini calendars from? Wondering if that would be easier than printing and cutting my own, especially if the price was right... Thanks!
I buy my mini calendars here: SkyBluePink - Products: Ephemera

Great price and they are local (Cincinnati) for me so shipping is really quick!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2010, 11:05 AM   #218  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

I buy my mini calendars here: SkyBluePink - Products: Ephemera

Great price and they are local (Cincinnati) for me so shipping is really quick!
I bought mine from there and would vouch for them too! Great price and fast shipping!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2010, 11:27 AM   #219  
Insane Embellisher

How do you stay organized and manage your time well? I'm starting to get a bit overwhelmed. I'm planning on doing a Christmas Bazaar the end of October. This will only be my 2nd craft fair. So I've been looking and looking finding different ideas of things to make. I know I'm spending too much time looking and need to just get busy with making things.

Also, I'm crocheting a baby blanket for my dh's cousin. I have to have it done in less than two weeks and it's not even 1/3 done. On top of that, my dd's baby shower (my 1st grandbaby!) is Oct 9th (I haven't even started on her baby blanket). So I'm looking for ideas of favors and decorations to make for her shower. I know I'm making some sour cream favors with candy in them. For the tables, I'm making napkin diaper candy holders. I also made a onesie and a bootie, just to see if I liked those. If I do make those, I have to figure out how many to put on each table and I don't even know yet how many tables are in the church. I plan on making a diaper wreath and maybe a diaper cake too. I keep finding more things I'd like to make but I know I need to decide on what I'm making and get to it. It's hard to plan on how to decorate the tables without them in front of you to see what they're going to look like. Ugh...I'm overwhelmed and think I need to just take a nap. Every spare moment when I'm not at work has been spent on this stuff and I'm about to get burnt out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2010, 11:56 AM   #220  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by hsmom69View Post
How do you stay organized and manage your time well? I'm starting to get a bit overwhelmed. I'm planning on doing a Christmas Bazaar the end of October. This will only be my 2nd craft fair. So I've been looking and looking finding different ideas of things to make. I know I'm spending too much time looking and need to just get busy with making things.

Also, I'm crocheting a baby blanket for my dh's cousin. I have to have it done in less than two weeks and it's not even 1/3 done. On top of that, my dd's baby shower (my 1st grandbaby!) is Oct 9th (I haven't even started on her baby blanket). So I'm looking for ideas of favors and decorations to make for her shower. I know I'm making some sour cream favors with candy in them. For the tables, I'm making napkin diaper candy holders. I also made a onesie and a bootie, just to see if I liked those. If I do make those, I have to figure out how many to put on each table and I don't even know yet how many tables are in the church. I plan on making a diaper wreath and maybe a diaper cake too. I keep finding more things I'd like to make but I know I need to decide on what I'm making and get to it. It's hard to plan on how to decorate the tables without them in front of you to see what they're going to look like. Ugh...I'm overwhelmed and think I need to just take a nap. Every spare moment when I'm not at work has been spent on this stuff and I'm about to get burnt out.
Do you have any crafty friends that can help you out? Or even non-crafty friends that could help?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2010, 12:47 PM   #221  
Insane Embellisher

I found a use for the pretzel bags I had bought from evil M's. I've made them into bookmark sleeves. I cut them down to fit the length of my bookmarks...easiest to do when the bookmarks are in the sleeve...they don't slide around as much and you can do several at once.

Craft Sale Best Sellers - Ideas and Discussion-100_3402.jpg

I punched a hole using my cropadile and was able to do 5 at a time. Makes for a very easy and quick project.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2010, 02:01 PM   #222  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrussomView Post
Our dollar store has some jars I'm going to get. I'm going to etch on them - there are tutorials on here for that. I may try to stamp and color too, using gesso for the base. They can work for candy jars if you can't find seals.
So far it is looking like candy jars. My DD suggested putting candles in them. Would love to see your etched ones when you finish them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2010, 02:52 PM   #223  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

You can find some printable calendar's on SCS in the template section:
Templates Forum: Gift Box, Paper Craft & Card Template Downloads & Instructions

My blog: www.maryscraftroom.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2010, 04:10 PM   #224  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Talking

Quote:

Have not finished looking at the entrys poss this has been ansewered,...I don't but them someone posts them here under the download section, in the template thread. Have used those for several years and have been pleased.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2010, 04:14 PM   #225  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

I know exactly how you're feeling. October 2 will be my 2nd craft fair as well and I have lots going on. I work on craft stuff after my kids go to bed and while DH is either at work or sleeping (after 8pm). I wish I was able to work on stuff more but can't really work on alot with my 2 and 4 year old running around LOL! I'm also on MOPS steering team so I have meetings (once a week) and crafts to get ready every month. DH told me that I have bit off more than I can chew but I wouldn't have it any other way!

Altered by Jenn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2010, 04:33 PM   #226  
Insane Embellisher

Jenn....I think I've decided not to do the Christmas Bazaar. I'm just too stressed with everything on top of working 3 days a week. Oh and I didn't even mention that we're remodeling out kitchen. Dh just finished building the cabinets. I packed everything up Friday and demolition begins tomorrow. My oldest dd and her dh's bdays are this week so we're having a bonfire/weiner roast Saturday. I have other bdays and baby showers coming up. Dh and I are going to the Biltmore next month. Plus, I just signed up to be a SU demo less than 2 months ago so I really need to be focusing on that. I've turned in my 1st order and have a friend who wants to do a workshop next month. Shew...I'm wearing myself out just thinking about everything else I have on my plate! I don't want to get burnt out on my hobby. I have 2 orders for Christmas cards and I'll be making Christmas cards/gifts for my family and don't want to be totally stressed with that. So...I'm already feeling some relief.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2010, 04:43 PM   #227  
Pearl-ExPert

For the CD or coaster calendars I use the ones done by Cat and they will be in the template forum.

MY GALLERY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2010, 05:13 PM   #228  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Lisa,take a breath,...WOW you have a LOT on your plate. What I do after my sales,...I do 2 in Nov. I make a list of what I did and what I will not repeate,but I keep an eye on what is going on here and make a copy as well as fav a item or idea I like then next year I have a fresh start. Poss next year will be quieter for you. NOT if your going to have your first GRANDBABY!!! CONGRATS!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2010, 05:44 PM   #229  
Matboard Maniac

Thanks for the website and the link to the printable 2011 calendar. I knew I could count on you guys!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2010, 06:26 PM   #230  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Jenn....I think I've decided not to do the Christmas Bazaar. I'm just too stressed with everything on top of working 3 days a week. Oh and I didn't even mention that we're remodeling out kitchen. Dh just finished building the cabinets. I packed everything up Friday and demolition begins tomorrow. My oldest dd and her dh's bdays are this week so we're having a bonfire/weiner roast Saturday. I have other bdays and baby showers coming up. Dh and I are going to the Biltmore next month. Plus, I just signed up to be a SU demo less than 2 months ago so I really need to be focusing on that. I've turned in my 1st order and have a friend who wants to do a workshop next month. Shew...I'm wearing myself out just thinking about everything else I have on my plate! I don't want to get burnt out on my hobby. I have 2 orders for Christmas cards and I'll be making Christmas cards/gifts for my family and don't want to be totally stressed with that. So...I'm already feeling some relief.
I have decided to take this year off too. I have had an increased demand for my classes and I want to be careful not to put too much on my plate. I should be super ready for next year!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2010, 07:27 PM   #231  
Pearl-ExPert

Default Stamping on candles

I stamped a candle today - my first and it was so fun! I want to attach a rhinestone on it. Do you guys attach it just the way you would on a card or is there some special way to do it?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2010, 02:28 AM   #232  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by smritiView Post
I stamped a candle today - my first and it was so fun! I want to attach a rhinestone on it. Do you guys attach it just the way you would on a card or is there some special way to do it?
I normally push them into the wax a little bit while the candle is still warm/melted.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2010, 02:54 AM   #233  
Insane Embellisher

Barbiejo...thanks so much. We're sooo excited about the baby! We have two girls so needless to say dh is anxious to have a grandson. Gabriel is due to arrive Dec 9.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2010, 02:56 AM   #234  
Insane Embellisher

Christel....I am hoping after the workshop my friend has for me next month that I'll be able to start a monthly stamp club or class.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2010, 03:59 AM   #235  
Crimping Master

Default Fall m&m candy stix

Target was having a sale on the fall themed m&m's so I decided to make some for my next craft show on Nov. 6th.

I posted these on the m&m stick thread, but thought I would share with you all too! Here is the thread is you are interested: Question re M&M treat thing I saw.... by Kay-Kay at Splitcoaststampers

Thanks for looking!
Beth

Craft Sale Best Sellers - Ideas and Discussion-100_5898.jpg

Craft Sale Best Sellers - Ideas and Discussion-100_5904.jpg
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2010, 04:49 AM   #236  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Target was having a sale on the fall themed m&m's so I decided to make some for my next craft show on Nov. 6th.

I posted these on the m&m stick thread, but thought I would share with you all too! Here is the thread is you are interested: Question re M&M treat thing I saw.... by Kay-Kay at Splitcoaststampers

Thanks for looking!
Beth

Attachment 195726

Attachment 195727
These are soooo cute!!

Does anyone know if the Christmas M & M's are out by the middle of October??:p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2010, 04:57 AM   #237  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by scraphappy:)View Post
These are soooo cute!!

Does anyone know if the Christmas M & M's are out by the middle of October??:p
Thanks!
My Target had them yesterday when I picked up the fall colors!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2010, 06:04 AM   #238  
Crimping Master

Default More Fall Candy Stix - Reese's Pieces

Here are a couple of pix of the Reese's Pieces stix:
Craft Sale Best Sellers - Ideas and Discussion-100_5905.jpg Craft Sale Best Sellers - Ideas and Discussion-100_5909.jpg
Gonna make some assorted sports themed ones with Skittles and that should be about it for my first show in November. After that it will be all Christmas (and maybe a few Sports) I think....

Have a great day!
Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2010, 06:26 AM   #239  
Glitter Queen

Beth, Your candy sticks are so dang cute! I was going to make some Halloween sticks to take to our retreat, but now I'm going to "borrow" your idea and make some fall ones using reeses pieces and fall m&m's. Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2010, 07:23 AM   #240  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Thanks for looking!
Beth

Attachment 195726

Attachment 195727

Beth,

Can I ask what you charge for these? Do you offer a buy 3 for ??? or just sell them individually? They turned out so cute!

Thanks,
Carla
Reply With Quote Likes