Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-17-2021, 01:18 PM   #7961  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks so much! I will give these a try!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2021, 09:12 AM   #7962  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

How are all the vendors doing with their sales this year. Any surprises or new product that has met your expectations?
always interesting to hear if there are any similar products that are always reliable.

I kept a book recording what I took to each sale number brought and number sold.
it was very interesting and very helpful when preparing for a future sake at that particular venue.

at a glance I could see where interest was waining or if I was onto a good thing if I sold out quickly.
I still have that book.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2021, 06:43 PM   #7963  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 274 Likes on 156 Posts

So, I did do mine. and it was about half of what a good year would be as far as money goes. and it was very stressful. ( they have an indoor mask mandate here) and I'd say besides me, there was maybe 10% of the people wearing masks. ( most of the people who buy my cards are older ladies. and I did not sell any cards to anyone not wearing a mask) I have no clue if people not wearing them were just people who do not buy cards or if they seen me wearing mine and decided not to stop in the booth.

at any rate I have a question. ( I only make cards) so, I have my second oldest nephews wife is painting on wood pallets boards. ( like Christmas things angels, Santas etc) and she asked me what she should price them at. ( I have no clue how big these things are)
but, I was wondering if any of you knew of a facebook group that was geared towards people who paint on wood with acrylics?
tia,

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2021, 09:21 AM   #7964  
Insane Embellisher

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi all! I have done 2 shows so far. Both are shows I have do e in previous years. The first was a 3 day show. I normally do well here but this year I did much better!! There was another papercrafter there selling similar items but her price points were much lower but you could tell she hadn't put in as much effort as I do so her sales really didn't affect me. She came to my table and looked around and said "Wow I can't even compete with you". She packed it up after the 2nd day.
My 2nd show was Friday evening 6:30-10 and Sat 9-4. This is shorter hours then previous years on Saturday. I always do VERY WELL here. This 6ear they had to change things up due to covid so they didn't have a Bake Sale, the cost of their cheer wheel went from $0.25 to $1.00. They didn't offer as much food and it was take out only. They also increased the table rate by $55 since 2019. The upside is they didn't have as many vendors and we were spaced out better. Normally there is maybe 2 feet between vendor tables. This time there qlwas 12 feet! In fairness I usually get two tables but I couldn't justify $250 this year for the tables when I didn't know what it was going to be like. So rather then 12 feet, I had 6. I could no fit out any cards, and there was a number of other items I couldn't fit out. I still did okay, but I felt like I would have done better with more space. They only had maybe 15 vendors as opposed to maybe 30+ in previous years. I asked if this was going to be a permanent change and the organizers said they weren't sure. I know not many people played the cheer wheel as that is a 75% increase. Not many people got food. And they had an outside bakery do the baked goods and they only got a % of the sales, so their profit wasn't as good as other years on that stuff. But if they change back for next year I hope they rethink the table fees.
At any rate...my usual best sellers did not sell as well. Kcup gift card holders, mini coffee cups, hand sanitizers, tic tac holders, those always sell great. This year I only sold a few of each.
I always offer new items so most of them did well. I was on the fence about M&M sticks with covid but that other papercrafter was selling some so when she left Saturday I made some for Sunday and sold them all (about 20 sticks). I had also increased some prices, on cards and gift card holders, and I was afraid it would hurt me but actually they sold great! I had apologized to a women who has been buying from me for years and she said "you haven't raised your prices in years! And with how hard it is to get stuff this year I don't blame you one bit!"

So the moral is I am glad I did the shows. I have one more this coming weekend. Then I will take a little break and start on next year's items!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2021, 09:30 AM   #7965  
Insane Embellisher

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBgreendawnForums at Splitcoaststampers
So, I did do mine. and it was about half of what a good year would be as far as money goes. and it was very stressful. ( they have an indoor mask mandate here) and I'd say besides me, there was maybe 10% of the people wearing masks. ( most of the people who buy my cards are older ladies. and I did not sell any cards to anyone not wearing a mask) I have no clue if people not wearing them were just people who do not buy cards or if they seen me wearing mine and decided not to stop in the booth.

at any rate I have a question. ( I only make cards) so, I have my second oldest nephews wife is painting on wood pallets boards. ( like Christmas things angels, Santas etc) and she asked me what she should price them at. ( I have no clue how big these things are)
but, I was wondering if any of you knew of a facebook group that was geared towards people who paint on wood with acrylics?
tia,
I can't really help you on pricing as I am not good at that. However I wanted to say that there is a couple here that paints on all sorts of things. Slate, fence pieces, wooden salad bowls cut in half (sounds weird but looks amazing!), windows....so much more. They do numerous shows through the year and they do very well!
At the show I go to next week there is a lady who paints on LEAVES!! Her work is amazing and she sells them, in frames, for over $30 a piece! For leaves!!! If I can get from my table I will ask her if I can take photos. They really are amazing and she sells lots of then.
Moral...yes tell her to paint!!! Figure the pricing later!
Reply With Quote Likes