Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-17-2021, 01:18 PM   #7961  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks so much! I will give these a try!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2021, 09:12 AM   #7962  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 69 Likes on 44 Posts

How are all the vendors doing with their sales this year. Any surprises or new product that has met your expectations?
always interesting to hear if there are any similar products that are always reliable.

I kept a book recording what I took to each sale number brought and number sold.
it was very interesting and very helpful when preparing for a future sake at that particular venue.

at a glance I could see where interest was waining or if I was onto a good thing if I sold out quickly.
I still have that book.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2021, 06:43 PM   #7963  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 469 Likes on 289 Posts

So, I did do mine. and it was about half of what a good year would be as far as money goes. and it was very stressful. ( they have an indoor mask mandate here) and I'd say besides me, there was maybe 10% of the people wearing masks. ( most of the people who buy my cards are older ladies. and I did not sell any cards to anyone not wearing a mask) I have no clue if people not wearing them were just people who do not buy cards or if they seen me wearing mine and decided not to stop in the booth.

at any rate I have a question. ( I only make cards) so, I have my second oldest nephews wife is painting on wood pallets boards. ( like Christmas things angels, Santas etc) and she asked me what she should price them at. ( I have no clue how big these things are)
but, I was wondering if any of you knew of a facebook group that was geared towards people who paint on wood with acrylics?
tia,

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2021, 09:21 AM   #7964  
Insane Embellisher

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi all! I have done 2 shows so far. Both are shows I have do e in previous years. The first was a 3 day show. I normally do well here but this year I did much better!! There was another papercrafter there selling similar items but her price points were much lower but you could tell she hadn't put in as much effort as I do so her sales really didn't affect me. She came to my table and looked around and said "Wow I can't even compete with you". She packed it up after the 2nd day.
My 2nd show was Friday evening 6:30-10 and Sat 9-4. This is shorter hours then previous years on Saturday. I always do VERY WELL here. This 6ear they had to change things up due to covid so they didn't have a Bake Sale, the cost of their cheer wheel went from $0.25 to $1.00. They didn't offer as much food and it was take out only. They also increased the table rate by $55 since 2019. The upside is they didn't have as many vendors and we were spaced out better. Normally there is maybe 2 feet between vendor tables. This time there qlwas 12 feet! In fairness I usually get two tables but I couldn't justify $250 this year for the tables when I didn't know what it was going to be like. So rather then 12 feet, I had 6. I could no fit out any cards, and there was a number of other items I couldn't fit out. I still did okay, but I felt like I would have done better with more space. They only had maybe 15 vendors as opposed to maybe 30+ in previous years. I asked if this was going to be a permanent change and the organizers said they weren't sure. I know not many people played the cheer wheel as that is a 75% increase. Not many people got food. And they had an outside bakery do the baked goods and they only got a % of the sales, so their profit wasn't as good as other years on that stuff. But if they change back for next year I hope they rethink the table fees.
At any rate...my usual best sellers did not sell as well. Kcup gift card holders, mini coffee cups, hand sanitizers, tic tac holders, those always sell great. This year I only sold a few of each.
I always offer new items so most of them did well. I was on the fence about M&M sticks with covid but that other papercrafter was selling some so when she left Saturday I made some for Sunday and sold them all (about 20 sticks). I had also increased some prices, on cards and gift card holders, and I was afraid it would hurt me but actually they sold great! I had apologized to a women who has been buying from me for years and she said "you haven't raised your prices in years! And with how hard it is to get stuff this year I don't blame you one bit!"

So the moral is I am glad I did the shows. I have one more this coming weekend. Then I will take a little break and start on next year's items!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2021, 09:30 AM   #7965  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBgreendawnView Post
So, I did do mine. and it was about half of what a good year would be as far as money goes. and it was very stressful. ( they have an indoor mask mandate here) and I'd say besides me, there was maybe 10% of the people wearing masks. ( most of the people who buy my cards are older ladies. and I did not sell any cards to anyone not wearing a mask) I have no clue if people not wearing them were just people who do not buy cards or if they seen me wearing mine and decided not to stop in the booth.

at any rate I have a question. ( I only make cards) so, I have my second oldest nephews wife is painting on wood pallets boards. ( like Christmas things angels, Santas etc) and she asked me what she should price them at. ( I have no clue how big these things are)
but, I was wondering if any of you knew of a facebook group that was geared towards people who paint on wood with acrylics?
tia,
I can't really help you on pricing as I am not good at that. However I wanted to say that there is a couple here that paints on all sorts of things. Slate, fence pieces, wooden salad bowls cut in half (sounds weird but looks amazing!), windows....so much more. They do numerous shows through the year and they do very well!
At the show I go to next week there is a lady who paints on LEAVES!! Her work is amazing and she sells them, in frames, for over $30 a piece! For leaves!!! If I can get from my table I will ask her if I can take photos. They really are amazing and she sells lots of then.
Moral...yes tell her to paint!!! Figure the pricing later!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
skm330mks (11-02-2022)
Old 12-10-2021, 08:32 AM   #7966  
Pearl-ExPert

Default Craft sale Best Sellers

Quote:

Originally Posted by GRKIDDOView Post
Hi all! I have done 2 shows so far. Both are shows I have do e in previous years. The first was a 3 day show. I normally do well here but this year I did much better!! There was another papercrafter there selling similar items but her price points were much lower but you could tell she hadn't put in as much effort as I do so her sales really didn't affect me. She came to my table and looked around and said "Wow I can't even compete with you". She packed it up after the 2nd day.
My 2nd show was Friday evening 6:30-10 and Sat 9-4. This is shorter hours then previous years on Saturday. I always do VERY WELL here. This 6ear they had to change things up due to covid so they didn't have a Bake Sale, the cost of their cheer wheel went from $0.25 to $1.00. They didn't offer as much food and it was take out only. They also increased the table rate by $55 since 2019. The upside is they didn't have as many vendors and we were spaced out better. Normally there is maybe 2 feet between vendor tables. This time there qlwas 12 feet! In fairness I usually get two tables but I couldn't justify $250 this year for the tables when I didn't know what it was going to be like. So rather then 12 feet, I had 6. I could no fit out any cards, and there was a number of other items I couldn't fit out. I still did okay, but I felt like I would have done better with more space. They only had maybe 15 vendors as opposed to maybe 30+ in previous years. I asked if this was going to be a permanent change and the organizers said they weren't sure. I know not many people played the cheer wheel as that is a 75% increase. Not many people got food. And they had an outside bakery do the baked goods and they only got a % of the sales, so their profit wasn't as good as other years on that stuff. But if they change back for next year I hope they rethink the table fees.
At any rate...my usual best sellers did not sell as well. Kcup gift card holders, mini coffee cups, hand sanitizers, tic tac holders, those always sell great. This year I only sold a few of each.
I always offer new items so most of them did well. I was on the fence about M&M sticks with covid but that other papercrafter was selling some so when she left Saturday I made some for Sunday and sold them all (about 20 sticks). I had also increased some prices, on cards and gift card holders, and I was afraid it would hurt me but actually they sold great! I had apologized to a women who has been buying from me for years and she said "you haven't raised your prices in years! And with how hard it is to get stuff this year I don't blame you one bit!"

So the moral is I am glad I did the shows. I have one more this coming weekend. Then I will take a little break and start on next year's items!!!
Congrats on a successful show, hope the next one is another success. I can’t imagine the effort it takes to not only organize one but to participate. One thing for sure after two years of this there are probably a lot of lessons learned for all concerned.
you found increase in price didn’t hurt, your competition was not competitive due no doubt to effort and quality of your items.
I used to have the odd copy cat. However sometimes when I made something it was my own original design……so no pattern bought. So funny in fact when other vendors who also made snowmen asked where I got my pattern………the look when I told them it was my own original pattern. One woman tried to copy……can you imagine a snowman made of red print fabric?
I miss participating in shows and even teaching card making. Meanwhile I have to be content making cards and different packaging for various gifts until such time as we can once again gather.
there have been some big shows here and the big one at Convention centre that I used to sell at still going strong.

Anyone else care to post ….there used to be so many and interesting to me was what items where popular or not in various places.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2021, 05:10 PM   #7967  
Insane Embellisher

I had my 3rd and final show of 2021 last Saturday! It too was very successful. Again there was a papercrafter there but our things were different for the most part.
I heard other vendors say they didn't do very well. However it always seems to me that those are the same people who are kinda....grumpy. They are playing on their phones or talking to other vendors or their friends that were at the table with them. I am a firm believer of saying hello to everyone. Smiling (which is hard to see behind a mask) and maybe compliment a shirt or hat or whatever. I have seen many vendors who don't do that. Their first incounter with a customer is to bark out a price. Maybe that's just my perception though. I don’t pay them much mind as I am busy being friendly. 🙂
I already have a booking for next December! Very year, for the past 6 or 7, I have been on the fence about one show. It is a bigger show and the tables are over $100 each. When your most expensive item is $5 it is a little scary and I worried it would be profitable. But I had that event message me earlier this year to be a vendor but I was already booked for that weekend so I had to say no. This past Monday I recieved an email inviting me to vendor. They are offering me a very good deal on a space. I decided to share the space with my Mom next December. I am still going to do my regular show on Saturday, then I will be with her on Sunday. This way I can kind of see how well the show does then I can decide qhat I want to do for 2023.
Here are photos of the set up at the last show. It was a 16 foot space with two 6 foot tables. (Ignore the purple circle, I was showing someone my cash drawer and I forgot it changed my original photo!)

Reply With Quote Likes
The following 3 users liked this post by GRKIDDO:
harrahx2 (11-02-2022), pepperann (02-22-2022), skm330mks (11-02-2022)
Old 12-11-2021, 06:42 AM   #7968  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

your display looks very colorful and inviting I would totally go poke around in it. Yes, or people who eat in their booth and ignore shoppers too. ( eww) I tend to go out to my truck to eat or to the cafeteria if its a time I have my friend from work stop by. other wise for snacks I like raw almonds and if you are eating a few no one really sees that like they would a plate of food with smells. ( and or drips) kwim?

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
pepperann (02-22-2022)
Old 12-11-2021, 07:39 AM   #7969  
Insane Embellisher

@JBGreendawn...yes I agree!!!!
And thank you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2021, 04:59 AM   #7970  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 638 Likes on 314 Posts

Hi ladies! Scrolling through… I was invited by a friend to have a table at a local market in January. This is something I’ve thought about for ages but the timing wasn’t right until now. This is a weekly outdoor market, beachside, that gets decent traffic. Especially winter months when there are a lot of snowbirds (retirees) in town.

would you be willing to make some recommendations, perhaps what you wish you had known starting out? I am primarily a card maker but recognize having other things may be more enticing. I think I need to avoid food due to the location.

"The heavens declare the glory of God, the dome of the sky speaks the work of his hands." Psalm 19:1
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2021, 06:49 AM   #7971  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

I have only done outdoor booths when I was an organizer for Princess House in another lifetime.
I do have a friend in FL who does do outdoor booths. let me go see if she has any mug shots in the gallery here. ( but, maybe it would give you display ideas)
I think for sure you will need to package things individually in clear envelopes so to keep the dust off.
I find people react better to things having price tags on them. and since 99.9 % of what I do is one of a kind I do not do flat pricing for my cards or tags.
I did for things like gift containers. say mini coffee cups decorated with 3 tiny werthers hard coffee candies inside were all 3.00 each kind of a thing.

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
fl_beachbum (12-15-2021)
Old 12-14-2021, 08:29 AM   #7972  
Pearl-ExPert

Default Craft sale Best Sellers

I completely agree with both statements about eating in your booth.
I also believe you don’t “pounce” so to speak when a potential customer approaches your booth or table.
I usually simply acknowledge the person by perhaps asking a simple question “ Is it still raining out there.?” Just to let them know I am here if you have any questions etc. That usually will solicit a reply and depending on what it is how long you will engage and a
Possible sale. Hopefully we are swamped with customers lined up and are unable to chat except to thank people for their purchase and wish them a Merry Christmas for example.
another no no for me is sitting behind display reading a book. Stay busy by keeping the display neat and even work on one of your items which my catch their eye and stop to engage .

it has been many years since I have done an outdoor sale so will leave that for someone with more current advice. I did enjoy for two years and lucked out weather wise.
Reply With Quote Likes
fl_beachbum (12-15-2021)
Old 12-15-2021, 07:57 AM   #7973  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Thank you, ladies! I enjoy going to the markets/fairs around here when they take place and have to agree with you about being attentive. It definitely makes an impression and has an impact on whether or not I want to shop with someone.

Stacy - thank you for the advice on pricing items. I'm happy to see that you sell one-offs... that's how I tend to create and had it going in the back of my mind that maybe that meant I wasn't suited to this.
"The heavens declare the glory of God, the dome of the sky speaks the work of his hands." Psalm 19:1
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-15-2021, 08:10 AM   #7974  
Pearl-ExPert

Default Craft sales BestSellers

Quote:

Originally Posted by fl_beachbumView Post
Thank you, ladies! I enjoy going to the markets/fairs around here when they take place and have to agree with you about being attentive. It definitely makes an impression and has an impact on whether or not I want to shop with someone.

Stacy - thank you for the advice on pricing items. I'm happy to see that you sell one-offs... that's how I tend to create and had it going in the back of my mind that maybe that meant I wasn't suited to this.
someone once suggested to me to check out the venue to see if it is a good fit for you. sometimes the organizers approach people only because they want to fill the space.
when curious about a venue ask fellow crafters who have done it and see what they say. However be wary of asking a competitor you may be mislead as they don’t want your competition.
different venues also bring out different people as well. From past experience I know come Christmas people used to go to a couple of sales a day especially if on a weekend. Sometime# because they follow a certain crafter and sometimes just to see what the new show in town has to offer.
One thing I would suggest is I never go to a first time show as it is very chancy. Depending on who is running it. I only did this once and did okay but was not worth a second time as other venues were more profitable.
Reply With Quote Likes
fl_beachbum (12-15-2021)
Old 12-15-2021, 08:15 AM   #7975  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

The one I'm going to try is a weekly market pop-up. I honestly don't have very high expectations but am okay with it because it's a really low table fee (only $15) and I am helping a friend. But I thought it would be a good trial for me to see if I can create for an event (as opposed to just for fun) and if it's something I enjoy.
Short backstory - I was a business minded demonstrator for just over 13 years. One of the reasons I stopped was because I was losing the enjoyment of creating. I don't want that to happen again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-15-2021, 10:00 AM   #7976  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 457 Likes on 218 Posts

I am gobsmacked by what I am seeing! Holy cow! That is a LOT of diverse product on those tables!!! wow wow wow!

Adriana...I think that sounds good....it is not an easy day. When I used to help my mom sell her own Barbie designs at street fairs...it is a lot prep for the fair itself, but she was making all year to build up inventory. When she was offered by toy stores to carry it, she kept saying no....and I kept saying hey! We don't have to be schlepping out here and going thru all this! (she was a senior so I was doing much of the schlepping/set up/break down)

She said no....right now it is fun for her. If she agrees to that kind of thing then she turns into a factory and that will NOT be fun.

But those tables I am looking at-those are nicely done items....Gina you must be a beast with production! I mean we all talk about how one never gets their labor covered on cards...and that is so much more! Tons of respect and admiration to you!!! 3600 in a day with nothing greater that $5? That alone is a LOT of customers!! Not to mention storage of it before you sell....woof

Sounds like others of you are like that too....I am just in awe. Plus you are living your lives too. I don't know where you find the time!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2021, 11:22 AM   #7977  
Chat Box Hippy Chick

Received 216 Likes on 133 Posts

Hi Adriana! I am Stacey's friend in FL

I don't do a lot of shows and I don't put out much $ to be there. Sometimes I share a booth with a friend who makes paper giftbags, and crochets. so I have less space.
I also am card maker and I don't make all the little gifty things. I don't really like making them and they take up a lot more room than cards.
I mainly sell to get rid of cards and to make a little money to sink back into my hobby. or go out for lunch a few more times than I would normally SO it's not a big money maker for me, but I find that the more I am out there, the better I do. Like when it's a regular market, whether it's monthly or quarterly... people see you and remember.
$15 sounds GREAT !! you can easily make that back.

let me get some pics...

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
fl_beachbum (12-16-2021)
Old 12-16-2021, 11:31 AM   #7978  
Chat Box Hippy Chick

3 pics when I have my 2 4ft tables together. then the 3 tables, that market provided 1 table so that was nice.

I just do 4 ft table because it's easier for me to handle them AND they fit in my car. I just got a 3rd table. so can do the U again, or and L maybe.

My Blog

Last edited by leibetty; 12-16-2021 at 11:34 AM.. Reason: upside down pics
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2021, 11:39 AM   #7979  
Chat Box Hippy Chick

Gallery at Splitcoaststampers
I added an album. should be at the link when the pics are approved.
IDK why my pics we posting upside down

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
fl_beachbum (12-16-2021)
Old 12-16-2021, 11:55 AM   #7980  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Thank you, Leigh Anne! I appreciate the insight and photos. (Mine often come up sideways... lets just blame technology! lol)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2021, 11:59 AM   #7981  
Chat Box Hippy Chick

yeah they are right side up over here. that link doesn't work now but the pics are approved now so just check my gallery.

also my cards are all different except for the occasional 4 - 6 pack that are alike
I price single cards at $5 or 5 for $20. then the packs are $12for 4 or $18 for 6.
they are all A2
I can't be bothered to price individually LOL

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
fl_beachbum (12-16-2021)
Old 12-17-2021, 05:49 AM   #7982  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

oh wow it looks like there is a gallery called display ideas ( and its craft fair set up mug shots) I think we all should go up load to it
(because, that is something I totally want to make time to go poke around in)

the drop down menu goes. Mission Organization and then display card ideas and more
Display Ideas by JBgreendawn at Splitcoaststampers

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2022, 08:33 AM   #7983  
Pearl-ExPert

Just popping in to see how many here are still doing craft sales. In view of some relaxation of masking did you go back to business as usual?

I always miss this time of year when I was so busy, and anticipating the upcoming sales and feedback from customers as well as seeing crafting friends I got to know over the years .
waaay back when ……..a lot of us were staring out and some became very established in their craft and some turned professional.
some are written up in the newspaper and it brings back memories when we were all the same.
For those of you busy getting ready, best of luck in your sales, and please post pictures of your latest creations.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by canada goose:
Chinocookie (08-24-2022), lynnewithane (08-19-2022)
Old 08-19-2022, 09:59 AM   #7984  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Hi Canada Goose! Just want to say I always enjoy your posts, and I was so happy to see your post today! I don’t do craft fairs but I love to make little table favors and gifts, especially around the holidays, so this is such a fun thread for me. I hope you are able to do the fairs again and wish you and all crafters much success!

Quote:

Originally Posted by canada gooseView Post
Just popping in to see how many here are still doing craft sales. In view of some relaxation of masking did you go back to business as usual?

I always miss this time of year when I was so busy, and anticipating the upcoming sales and feedback from customers as well as seeing crafting friends I got to know over the years .
waaay back when ……..a lot of us were staring out and some became very established in their craft and some turned professional.
some are written up in the newspaper and it brings back memories when we were all the same.
For those of you busy getting ready, best of luck in your sales, and please post pictures of your latest creations.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2022, 10:39 AM   #7985  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 71 Likes on 37 Posts

I run a craft fair at the high school where I used to teach. We did it December 2021, although many regulars did not come. I expect them back for this years fair.
I personally didn’t have a table. I need someone to man the table since I’m in charge of everything. Due to work and a medical issue, my two people weren’t available.
That said, I’m hoping to have a table this year! I’d love to see some new ideas! I don’t like to do candy since it can’t be saved for next year. I have lots of cards I’d love to sell, and scarves that no one wants.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2022, 11:22 AM   #7986  
Pearl-ExPert

Default Craftsale Best Sellers

Quote:

Originally Posted by bzzzeeeView Post
Hi Canada Goose! Just want to say I always enjoy your posts, and I was so happy to see your post today! I don’t do craft fairs but I love to make little table favors and gifts, especially around the holidays, so this is such a fun thread for me. I hope you are able to do the fairs again and wish you and all crafters much success!
Hello, thanks for your kind words. Sounds like you and I are in sync these days, as I also share your love of all sorts of gift packaging. My grandsons say I cant give them a Hersheys Kiss without packaging it.
I still make cards and send them to a friend in Iowa who is in assisted living with lots of family and grands. As well love to make Christmas tags which I split with my daughter.
usually make 100 each year because we give a lot of joke gifts. As well When it’s too hot it’s nice to sit with air and you can make up a lot so I am ready come holiday time which I am presently doing.

I hear I am on call for grade 12 table favors possible 100😂

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2022, 12:38 PM   #7987  
Pearl-ExPert

Default Craft Sale Best Sellers

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynnewithaneView Post
I run a craft fair at the high school where I used to teach. We did it December 2021, although many regulars did not come. I expect them back for this years fair.
I personally didn’t have a table. I need someone to man the table since I’m in charge of everything. Due to work and a medical issue, my two people weren’t available.
That said, I’m hoping to have a table this year! I’d love to see some new ideas! I don’t like to do candy since it can’t be saved for next year. I have lots of cards I’d love to sell, and scarves that no one wants.
if you are the convenor you have probably seen whose tables were busiest and what was the hot ticket last year.
I think cards are always a good seller, but I would not discount candy completely. You never know depending on what you have. a small hit of chocolate might be just the thing for shoppers or crafters that cant get away from their table for long. Not a big bag of sweets but something small. I call little things bread and butter items. Sometimes a small ticket item will entice a shopper to purchase more than one thing.
two years ago when in Arizona our gated community decided to have a spring sale in addition to Christmas.
I wanted to participate even tho I did not do spring sales as a rule. As well most of my supplies where back home and I needed something besides my cards.
as it was two weeks before Easter, I had to come up with some sort of chocolate goodie.
there are many ideas using hershey nuggets on line, so I put my own twist on an idea.
it was a strip of paper shaped into a rabbit, where I put the nugget in the body part. Added a tiny happy Easter tag and bow. They were done in pastel gingham paper. I think I priced them pretty low and they were priced 2 for $. So people had to buy multiples. They sold in 4 and 6 on average. People scooped them up for table favors and I sold out quickly. This was a very small sale as there was another across the street (bummer). But the bunnies were cute and inexpensive so card buyers added bunnies to their purchase.
maybe check out some candy favors related to the season, and only make a small amount to test the responce.

knowing what your fellow crafters are selling regards sweets would be taken into consideration. Hopefully others here will adD their experience regards to candy.
Have fun and good luck with getting a table which is less stressful than being the organizer.
Reply With Quote Likes
lynnewithane (08-21-2022)
Old 08-19-2022, 01:03 PM   #7988  
Insane Embellisher

Hi all! I did do 3 shoes last year. The first one was a 3 day event and I almost tripled what I usually make.
The second is USUALLY my biggest show. However their fee went from $75 a table to $120 a table as they decreased the number of vendors they allowed I'm. While I was happy that there was more room to move as a vendor, the aisles were still a but crowded. I didn't do quite as well as usual, especially with the price increase. I also usually do 2 tables at that event, and due to the price I crease I o ly did 1 so I couldn't put everything out which also worked against me.
The third is a smaller event and I doubled what I usually make so I was happy about that!!

My first event this year is scheduled for Oct. 8. I have never done this event however it is at my place of employment at a retirement home and I am sure my residents will purchase.
This year per request I am adding sets of cards. Here are a few that I made recently.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2022, 08:36 AM   #7989  
Pearl-ExPert

Gina, it is evident by your pictures and sales you work hard at what you do. It is obvious that your work is valued and appreciated. It is possible that this year sales will be better for all involved, as there seems that more people are venturing out.

your cards are lovely, and a Retirement home is a great opportunity to those that cannot get out to buy cards. I have often thought that might be a venue for me to explore, as I Send a lot of cards simply as a gift to my friend in the U,S.
In Arizona in a gated community, there was very good responce to card sellers, with quite a variety of styles.
there are not as many people here sharing what they sell, so it’s hard to see what is selling. Of course, Covid put the damper on people going to sales as well as vendors being wary.

I seem to recall in the past someone posted that unsold items were taken apart when possible and reused in a different way. This could have been as a result of a comment made by a vendor that sparked the inspiration. I can’t recall what it was but I think it turned around very successfully.

I never ever copied anyone and with a fertile imagination did many of my own designed product. I once had another vendor ask where I got my patterns. I think I just smiled and tapped my head😂
I miss those days,and friends I made over the years, some of which I am still keep in touch.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2022, 06:04 AM   #7990  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 71 Likes on 37 Posts

Gina,
Wow. You have to move a lot of inventory to make back $120! Even $75. I guess I’m a small time crafter. My fair charges $35, but is just one day. Your card packs are lovely! Are the cards inside all the same, or is there a variety?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2022, 06:24 AM   #7991  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynnewithaneView Post
Gina,
Wow. You have to move a lot of inventory to make back $120! Even $75. I guess I’m a small time crafter. My fair charges $35, but is just one day. Your card packs are lovely! Are the cards inside all the same, or is there a variety?
You are absolutely correct! But this event is REALLY well attended! I easily make 10x that amount in sales.

Thank you! All of rhe cards are the "same", as same as you can get hand stamped cards I should say. 🙂
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2022, 05:48 PM   #7992  
Glitter Queen

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Hello Ladies!

Just poking my head in to say "Hi" from BC! I have my very first 3 day craft fair coming up in November. I am adding my cards and paper crafts along with my other fun projects! Just looking to see what else everyone else does.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2022, 08:09 AM   #7993  
Pearl-ExPert

Good luck to everyone getting ready for this seasons craft shows.
Reply With Quote Likes
Chinocookie (11-02-2022)
Old 11-01-2022, 09:42 AM   #7994  
Insane Embellisher

Best of luck to you as well! My second show is the weekend of November 11th. I didn't get into my big show this year (totally my fault I just didn't have the funds to send in earlier) While I am disappointed, the price of tables more then doubled last year! They were $75, now they are $125, and I always get 2 tables!! So Maybe it is time to look for something else? Since I didn't get notice of not getting in until late, I struggled to find another big event, but I did find one for thos year. I know it won't be as big as the other one, but I also got into another event that I have been contemplating for many years. It is a really big event so I think it will make up for the other event.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2022, 07:40 AM   #7995  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Closure idea

Why not try these? https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0734WN4...v_ov_lig_dp_it

Quote:

Originally Posted by am2106View Post
I had asked this on the last thread but only had one response so I'm trying again on the new thread

I need ideas on how to attach velcro to the mini portfolios made from file folders (or of another way to keep them closed). The velcro pieces end up detaching when the folder is opened, and I'm not sure which adhesive would be best to make sure they stay down.

The velcro is self-adhesive, but I've also tried Scor Tape (that completely covers the velcro) and hot glue. Both end up not sticking after awhile. Maybe I need to do something like magnetic closures, but I'm afraid that I'll have the same problem with them not staying attached.

Would really appreciate any help because these are really cute, and I have about 15 made but can't sell them if they keep coming undone. Thanks!!

(Also...did you know that you can subscribe to the thread by clicking on "Thread Tools" at the top? That way you don't have to post to subscribe
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2022, 09:16 AM   #7996  
Pearl-ExPert

Years ago I often went to a site www.gluethistothat
it gives all kinds of suggestions. You would put in wire to wood for example and up pops the suggestions.
I used it for several different occasions and it always worked.
I hope this site is still available.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2022, 01:16 PM   #7997  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 221 Likes on 147 Posts

https://www.thistothat.com/
Great site, but (now having checked) a lot of the links don't resolve anymore. Didn't talk about closures though. I had a thought for the magnetic closures, am2106: trap them between two pieces of paper and they'll be sure to stay in place.

Last edited by Renata Joyner; 11-02-2022 at 01:25 PM.. Reason: Link check
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2022, 08:29 AM   #7998  
Pearl-ExPert

Default Craft sale best sellers

Quote:

Originally Posted by GRKIDDOView Post
Best of luck to you as well! My second show is the weekend of November 11th. I didn't get into my big show this year (totally my fault I just didn't have the funds to send in earlier) While I am disappointed, the price of tables more then doubled last year! They were $75, now they are $125, and I always get 2 tables!! So Maybe it is time to look for something else? Since I didn't get notice of not getting in until late, I struggled to find another big event, but I did find one for thos year. I know it won't be as big as the other one, but I also got into another event that I have been contemplating for many years. It is a really big event so I think it will make up for the other event.
good luck this week on your sale. You never know what a new location will do for you. I am sure you have regular followers that will seek you out at your new venue.
perhaps the new location will bring new potential regulars that have not seen your products.
I recall when doing fall or Christmas sales I was always checking weather.
in fall you never know if nice weather will bring people out or it’s too warm to think of Christmas.
in November fingers crossed for no big snow dumps.
please let us know how you made out.
Reply With Quote Likes