Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-07-2020, 05:34 PM   #7881  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Craft sale Best Sellers

Quote:

Originally Posted by FiPForums at Splitcoaststampers
I did a handmade christmas market a couple of weeks ago. I didn't expect to sell much, but it was my best ever result (only made a couple of hundred dollars, but that's good for me!). Finally got a corner booth and it made all the difference to the display of my items, because very few people bothered to walk 'into' my booth previously. I was ready to give up on selling what I make, but now I think I'll do the mothers' day market next year. I won't have to make much as I still have alot of leftovers from the past, which is good, because between divorcing, selling my house and downsizing, the next 6 months might not result in alot of crafting!

Thats great! Maybe in this case the location made the difference. Perhaps you can request it  next time.Good luck with all you have on your plate. Thanks for the update.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2020, 07:25 AM   #7882  
Pearl-ExPert

Any one else ?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2020, 07:55 AM   #7883  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2020, 08:05 AM   #7884  
Rubber Obsessor

Hey everyone!

Here in southern Arizona, we had our regularly scheduled craft shows in Oct and Dec and they were a huge success, even with all the covid restrictions.  Customers kept saying how glad they were that we had the show.

I did well, same as previous years, I sold $2600+ at each show for a total of over $5000, which was much appreciated income since I was laid off from my regular job the first of April.  For perspective - I had 4000 items I had made for sale.  Most items I sell are $5 or under.  The only thing higher are some crochet edged fleece blankets and crocheted hats.

My handmade cards sold really well, especially the Arizona ones and I had about $800 in card sales between the 2 shows.  All the food/treat holder type items sold well.  That diaper fold worked well and I sold all the doggie treats, as shown in previous posts.

I am trying to catch up on my personal Christmas "to do" list.    Then, I need to tackle "that room" and then start making for next year.  My craft room is always a complete disaster after the craft show season.  

Since I crochet a lot of items, they take the most time and require me crocheting most every day.  I also need to make a ton of cards and the usual treat holders, lip balm holders, bath bomb holders, soda can ornaments - all the popular sellers.

Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!  Happy Crafting ~ Tammy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2020, 07:56 AM   #7885  
Pearl-ExPert

Tammy, Congratulations, you have been  able  to have your Christmas sale, while many have not, including our Province .
The fact that you have such a varied inventory obviously pleased many shoppers at your booth.
Perhaps next year we will hear from more on this forum from fellow crafters about their plans and what they are making.My sil in another province did well making masks for her friends booth. Hopefully that will not be the case next year,and I am sure she won’t mind.

We will miss our Arizona friends this winter as we have opted to stay home in the “snow”.�
Sorry to be late posting but I had trouble trying to do so for a couple of days. Appears problem is fixed.
Continue to stay healthy and have a very Merry Christmas,however you choose to celebrate.
Irene
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2021, 07:10 AM   #7886  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you tried selling online too? If so, how do you find your customers?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2021, 08:33 AM   #7887  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZKitchencreationsForums at Splitcoaststampers
Hey everyone!

Here in southern Arizona, we had our regularly scheduled craft shows in Oct and Dec and they were a huge success, even with all the covid restrictions. Customers kept saying how glad they were that we had the show.

I did well, same as previous years, I sold $2600+ at each show for a total of over $5000, which was much appreciated income since I was laid off from my regular job the first of April. For perspective - I had 4000 items I had made for sale. Most items I sell are $5 or under. The only thing higher are some crochet edged fleece blankets and crocheted hats.

My handmade cards sold really well, especially the Arizona ones and I had about $800 in card sales between the 2 shows. All the food/treat holder type items sold well. That diaper fold worked well and I sold all the doggie treats, as shown in previous posts.

I am trying to catch up on my personal Christmas "to do" list. Then, I need to tackle "that room" and then start making for next year. My craft room is always a complete disaster after the craft show season.

Since I crochet a lot of items, they take the most time and require me crocheting most every day. I also need to make a ton of cards and the usual treat holders, lip balm holders, bath bomb holders, soda can ornaments - all the popular sellers.

Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas! Happy Crafting ~ Tammy
Congratulations on your amazing success!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2021, 09:15 AM   #7888  
Pearl-ExPert

Default Craft Sale Best Sellers

I would think those that choose to sell on line might opt for an Etsy Shop
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-23-2021, 08:01 AM   #7889  
Pearl-ExPert

Is anyone still reading this Forum? If so, I have a question. For those that are now unable to sell their creations due to Covid, how are you spending your time?
are you making inventory for the future, making items that take more time because you have more of it due to quarantine?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-23-2021, 11:29 AM   #7890  
Watercolor Wizard

I actually did an outdoor fair in October. It was a first year thing, but well attended. (I think because people were dying to get out of the house.)
I brought some of my diamond painting night lights. They sold out. Also, my dp key chains did well. Cards, not so much.
As a side note, I bought a bunch of the 2.5 inch Christmas wired ribbon on clearance, but I really bought too much. If anyone wants some, I will sell it for $1 a roll plus shipping. Message me if you’re interested.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-23-2021, 03:57 PM   #7891  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 202 Likes on 116 Posts

well, when the one I normally do was closed last Nov due to covid lock downs, they kept everyone's payment with the understanding that it would hold this year.
So, although I did make things off and on all year last year ( cards) knowing it would probably not hold. I did end up having people come by my office after Thanksgiving early Dec. to buy Christmas cards. So, that pretty much wiped out the stash I had and I really need to get back on the ball and start the stash over but, so far... I think I have done maybe a handful of Christmas cards since then.

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2021, 09:53 AM   #7892  
Kookie Creator

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

I'm glad people are still responding on this thread. I have found it to be very helpful. I did not get to do any sales this year, and declined the individual orders that were requested. It was a good time to take a break and I was able to focus on my own family more during Thanksgiving and Christmas. I have plenty of supplies to begin making items for this fall's fair and am looking forward to it. I usually only do one show, but I would like to do 1or 2 more this year if possible. Only God knows what fall will bring though, so I won't go overboard on making things. I concentrate on Christmas items and do a few table favors for Thanksgiving. All of my items are priced between $1-$5 with an occasional item over that price.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2021, 05:10 PM   #7893  
FiP
Kookie Creator

This past weekend, I sold at a Mothers Day handmade market. It was not as well attended as the xmas one I did there and I made $66 above the stall fee. My cards are usually half my sales, but way down this time, although a few items that have not moved along in years were bought this time. Today is cold and rainy, so I'm packaging a few items more clearly, such as some notebooks, which are not obviously notebooks just to look at them, I'll be labeling. I've upcycled some containers into pen holders (were popular a few years back), but would like to re-package and having trouble coming up with a plan for them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2021, 03:07 AM   #7894  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm not sure what your pen holders might look like, FiP, but people are looking now for something to hold their blending brushes. Might that work?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2021, 05:33 AM   #7895  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by FiPForums at Splitcoaststampers
This past weekend, I sold at a Mothers Day handmade market. It was not as well attended as the xmas one I did there and I made $66 above the stall fee. My cards are usually half my sales, but way down this time, although a few items that have not moved along in years were bought this time. Today is cold and rainy, so I'm packaging a few items more clearly, such as some notebooks, which are not obviously notebooks just to look at them, I'll be labeling. I've upcycled some containers into pen holders (were popular a few years back), but would like to re-package and having trouble coming up with a plan for them.
Congratulations on selling some items that haven’t moved in years! I’ve taken to gifting away those items.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2021, 03:09 PM   #7896  
FiP
Kookie Creator

Yes, could work for holding blending brushes, but not sure how to display other than actually putting some brushes in, and I'd be worried that they might 'walk' away with someone.
I do provide gifts and cards to a friend who runs fundraising, and indeed I will again be giving her some items that I'm sick of failing to sell.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2021, 02:47 PM   #7897  
Matboard Maniac

Received 24 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm looking for something to put in small test tubes. I don't want to use any unwrapped food items or any type of liquid, and I'm having a hard time thinking past what I "don't" want to use. These tubes have cork stoppers, are approximately 4 inches tall, and have an opening that is approximately 1/2 inch wide. I have a LOT of these and would like to fill them with something nice and give them away.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2021, 03:32 PM   #7898  
FiP
Kookie Creator

What about bath salts? You could possibly make your own by mixing epsom salts and scented oil.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by FiP:
bzzzeee (06-14-2021), stampinstacy2010 (06-14-2021)
Old 06-13-2021, 07:46 PM   #7899  
Watercolor Wizard

Seed beads
Mermaid sequins (or any sequins)
Penny candy sticks (might be too tall)
Scent beads (like you put in the laundry)
Tiny buttons
Confetti

That’s all I can think of.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
stampinstacy2010 (06-14-2021)
Old 06-14-2021, 02:06 AM   #7900  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinstacy2010Forums at Splitcoaststampers
I'm looking for something to put in small test tubes. I don't want to use any unwrapped food items or any type of liquid, and I'm having a hard time thinking past what I "don't" want to use. These tubes have cork stoppers, are approximately 4 inches tall, and have an opening that is approximately 1/2 inch wide. I have a LOT of these and would like to fill them with something nice and give them away.
I have filled these with “Magic Reindeer Food” (a mix of rolled oats and sparkling sugar, all edible) with great success. You can add a small tag with the Reindeer food poem attached. I wrapped grosgrain ribbon where the tube and cork meet to keep everything sealed, and tied the tag to the ribbon.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by bzzzeee:
lynnewithane (06-14-2021), stampinstacy2010 (06-14-2021)
Old 06-15-2021, 05:47 PM   #7901  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Eagles Auxiliary in our town is holding an outdoor craft show Sat. June 26, 2021 from 9-3PM. Hoping people are ready to shop.
Beverly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2021, 09:08 AM   #7902  
Linking Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinstacy2010Forums at Splitcoaststampers
How about strips of journaling/gratitude prompts and attach it to a small journal. Include a pen, if possible and cost-effective. Maybe box it all up since they are gifts.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by TeeGeeDee:
Scrapjanny (06-17-2021), stampinstacy2010 (06-16-2021)
Old 06-17-2021, 04:11 AM   #7903  
Glitter Guru

Received 102 Likes on 50 Posts

Does anyone have any links, or other resources, for craft fairs? I'm in New York City, but I will travel about an hour out of my area for shows. I want to do craft fairs, but I don't know where to begin. I've tried Google, but I just spin in circles. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-17-2021, 08:11 AM   #7904  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrapjannyForums at Splitcoaststampers
Does anyone have any links, or other resources, for craft fairs? I'm in New York City, but I will travel about an hour out of my area for shows. I want to do craft fairs, but I don't know where to begin. I've tried Google, but I just spin in circles. Thanks!
I would try churches and schools in your radius.
I’m in Maryland, but I run a craft fair that is just on the school website. We get enough crafters that are repeats, and by word of mouth, that I don’t ever advertise that I’m looking for crafters. I usually have to turn people away.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2021, 06:48 AM   #7905  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 202 Likes on 116 Posts

yes, where I live too a lot of them are put on as fund raisers from schools and churches.
there usually are more around the holidays than other times of the year and sometimes they are "local" events such as for instance there is the largest night time parade in Or. in the beginning of December as part of a "snowflake" festival where I live and that carries over to other events for a week long thing and so there is a big craft fair at the fairgrounds during that time frame.

so maybe look for events like that in towns you are willing to travel to?

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
lynnewithane (06-19-2021)
Old 06-19-2021, 07:16 AM   #7906  
Pearl-ExPert

My sil who lives in the west coast of Canada started selling face masks when Covid started and has earned enough money for two first class tickets to Italy! I can’t imagine doing that all this time after I made two dozen for family.
she thinks she has had enough of that.
nothing going on in my neck of the woods. Still making card# for friends and trying out a few new treat boxes.good to hear how everyone is doing and staying in touch here.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2021, 07:30 AM   #7907  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by canada gooseForums at Splitcoaststampers
My sil who lives in the west coast of Canada started selling face masks when Covid started and has earned enough money for two first class tickets to Italy! I can’t imagine doing that all this time after I made two dozen for family.
she thinks she has had enough of that.
nothing going on in my neck of the woods. Still making card# for friends and trying out a few new treat boxes.good to hear how everyone is doing and staying in touch here.
Wow! Good for her!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2021, 08:41 AM   #7908  
Linking Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrapjannyForums at Splitcoaststampers
https://www.eventbrite.com/d/ny--new-york/craft-fairs/

https://festivalnet.com/state/New-York/Bronx-NY

https://www.fairsandfestivals.net/states/NY/

You'll need to check the specifics as I don't think they are necessarily all crafts but I hope the links prove to be a good resource.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2021, 07:21 PM   #7909  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello fellow crafters!
I haven't been on here in quite a while. Last year was a bust and NO craft shows went ahead in our area. Although I was so busy at work I didn't notice the gap in time (work in hospital ER and ICU). I am more hopeful that this year we can hold them with people required to wear masks, as opposed to an all out ban of indoor events. This year, unfortunately I have a breast cancer diagnosis and doing chemo right now. I am still hopeful to contribute to my sales although depending how things go, it may ne hubby doing the actual selling. So far, prognosis is good with the current treatment plan. Get your mammograms ladies. It's how we caught it early.
I also bought a new computer and lost all my saved bookmarks. Today, I had to dig out my old password book to log in and here I am. I had started to prepare for craft shows last year until I learned they were cancelled so do have some things done in terms of my magnet sets. Today, I have been working on a design for a Tic Tac holder. It isn't done yet though. Not all shows in my area have committed to go ahead this year yet but I have signed up for 2 of my usual good ones and a new one.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2021, 09:51 PM   #7910  
FiP
Kookie Creator

Diane, sad to hear of your diagnosis and hoping all goes well with it. In Queensland, Australia, we have been going okay with COVID. Events do get cancelled and mask-wearing is now the norm, but I expect to sell at a handmade market in November. I was happy with how I did there last year, although Mothers Day was not overly successful for me, given the effort a maker/seller puts in. So, I'll see how the pre-xmas sales go. I got into making resin earrings this year. Haven't had a chance to sell any yet; don't have high expectations, but I've enjoyed creating them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2021, 02:15 AM   #7911  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Hi Diane, I’m so sorry you’re facing a cancer diagnosis, and while working in the ER and ICU. That’s a lot! I do hope your craft shows go ahead. During very stressful times I’ve found that crafting takes me to a different place for a little while. It sounds like you have some fun projects planned for your shows. Please keep us posted on how you are doing, and thank you for the reminder to get those mammograms! All the best to you for good health!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2021, 05:06 AM   #7912  
Watercolor Wizard

I am sorry to hear about your diagnosis, Diane. Glad that you found it early, and hoping for a full recovery.
I run a craft fair at the high school where I taught for many years. Of course we cancelled last year, but I’ve gotten the go ahead for this year. Applications aren’t coming in as fast as they usually do, and a few regulars have told me they won’t be there because of Covid. Masks are required here in schools, so that is not a decision I have to make. My crafters are more than six feet apart, just due to the size of the spaces, but I am concerned about the customers. We get quite crowded in the middle of the day, so I think I’m going to have to put arrows on the floor for traffic flow. That said, we rely on the high schoolers to set up and take down the fair. (We have to move all of the tables out of the cafeteria.). I am praying their parents let them help.
On another note, I am surprised that so far, no one has said they’ll be selling masks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2021, 07:22 AM   #7913  
Pearl-ExPert

Diane, Nice to hear from you. I assumed many were not posting due to Covid. I get regular mamograms every two years. Not because of any previous irregularity but because I was told many years ago to keep having them as there is no age limit on when you can get Breast Cancer.

incidentally I was the one who found the lump in my hubby’s breast. It was so tiny and only a miracle
I found it. I called our GP who saw him next day and two days later saw the surgeon. Within two weeks of finding it he had the mastectomy. That was over 20 years ago. Other than his oncologist following him for 16 years no treatment was required.. As a result he was asked to take a course on how to be a Peer Support for men across Canada. Many people don’t know men can get it too…I did that’s why I acted. He was a peer support for many men for a number of years. So I have an idea of what you are going through.
I am glad you are able to continue crafting as it is good to have something to focus on. As well admire you for continuing to work. Kudos to your hubby,as mine will tell you the support of ones spouse is very Important.
continue your journey knowing that this too will pass and you can look back 20 years and remember this challenge.
looking forward to hearing how your production is coming along.
no craft sales here in Manitoba due to Covid. Our numbers are good now and we hope to keep it that way.Thanks for keeping in touch.
Reply With Quote Likes
lynnewithane (08-29-2021)
Old 08-29-2021, 07:25 AM   #7914  
Pearl-ExPert

Arizona has passed the One million Covid cases according to what I read on line yesterday. I have friends in Mesa who sell. I shall have to ask what their plans are for this Fall. Any Arizona craft sale people here that can address this.?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2021, 07:43 AM   #7915  
Rubber Obsessor

In Tucson AZ, the large show I do is planned as usual. We had our regular 2 shows last year, without a problem and sales were the same as any other year. The customers were overjoyed!

My sales were actually better than some previous years. I have been working hard all year on my usual stuff - crochet dishcloths and scrubbies, potholders, as well as making a ton of cards. i sold almost $800 in just greeting cards last year, so I need to make many more.

I also sold $1500 in "treats", about half of that was homemade fudge and drink mixes but the rest was using packaged candy, hot chocolate, cider - and packaging it in cute ways for stocking stuffers or gift giving for coworkers, teachers, classmates.

I also have continued success with "spa" items, like fuzzy socks, lip balms, bath bombs - I package them in cute ways and they always sell well.

This year, my entire displays will be different as I discovered hanging clear bags from Clearbags.com

They are wonderful and really improved not only the looks of my displays but the ease at setting up/tear down and less bulky display items for transport. I am really excited about using them this year.

Also, clearbags.com has amazing customer service. Most of my orders have shipped the same day and arrive within a few days - no special extra postage required! I highly recommend them if you have items that would work well in hanging displays.

I am using them to hang tons of my handmade items.

Anywho, happy crafting everyone!

~Tammy

Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by AZKitchencreations:
bzzzeee (08-29-2021), cookie1031 (08-29-2021)
Old 08-29-2021, 08:58 AM   #7916  
Pearl-ExPert

Tammy, I also have used Clear Bags for packaging and can second your endorsement for customer service.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2021, 03:21 PM   #7917  
Matboard Maniac

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The large two day Christmas craft show at our church has been cancelled for the second year in a row. However, I am going to do a craft show in December in Prescott AZ. I
did this one last year and did well. Masks were required and will be again.
Otherwise I haven't heard of any others in our tri city area.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2021, 12:46 PM   #7918  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm in Northern Delaware and ours are all going on as normal but with masks required. I haven't decided whether to do any or not, I'm not convinced people are going to attend them like normal and I never normally sell much anyway. Although I'm ever an optimist and keep trying them! I persevere anyway as I like having a reason to keep at it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2021, 04:38 PM   #7919  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamp2themaxForums at Splitcoaststampers
I'm in Northern Delaware and ours are all going on as normal but with masks required. I haven't decided whether to do any or not, I'm not convinced people are going to attend them like normal and I never normally sell much anyway. Although I'm ever an optimist and keep trying them! I persevere anyway as I like having a reason to keep at it!
i understand this. I never sell much either.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2021, 05:12 PM   #7920  
Pearl-ExPert

You never can tell what will happen at a craft sale. Sometimes we have great expectations because of previous sales at a certain venue only to be disappointed
sometimes bad weather can affect attendance which is beyond our control just like this Pandemic.

but sometimes it is just the opposite, and we-do better than expected. Maybe it’s our crafts are different and have more appeal, or maybe people just want to get out . Just maybe by Christmas people will be more inclined to shop.

I have read that due to what is happening in China with shipping woes people should have back up plans. If people don’t want to head to a crowded Mall, perhaps they will be more inclined to get something they can’t find in a Mall.
for all the crafters out there I hope the latter is the case.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by canada goose:
cookie1031 (09-01-2021), lynnewithane (09-01-2021)