Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-08-2004, 08:27 AM   #1  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Domino question

I read a recent post about Dominoes and have seen them here in the gallery and other sites..I love them!!..especially the Domino trays..can someone give me the gist of how you use them the post here mentioned bleaching..do you use the dot side or the reverse..prolly silly question but I don't think they have caught on here in the UK yet so have never seen them in real life..but would love to have a go..so any info would be great
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2004, 08:59 AM   #2  
Mad Swapper

I know some ladies bleach and sand theirs, but I don't treat mine at all. I use skinny ivory dominos, not the chunky white ones. I stamp on the flat side, not the dotted side, and I love to dress up the sides of it also, with microbeads, or ink. I usually stamp on them with stayz-on, and I have also stamped my image on a domino shaped piece of tissue paper, colored the image with pencils, and then applied it to the domino with crystal effects. Have fun! I would love to see your results!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2004, 03:38 PM   #3  
Glitter Queen

When I do dominos I treat them with Mod Dodge, a decopodge solution.
One coat is all you need, dries fast and them stamp on them. You can apply clear nail polish and sprinkle fine glitter on them. Beautiful.
I have my husband drill a hole in the top of the domino so I can run ribbon thru it and hang as ornaments.
Hope this helps.
Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2004, 04:46 AM   #4  
Cardstock Collector

Default Domino art

Gillie -

I have found that you can use the Staz On black - or - ancient page black ink if you are about trying other products than stampin ups - I am new to this just signed up as a demosnstrator in August - but love working with dominos - i make braceletes and pins so far - So if you were to use all stampin up products here is how it goes - I do nothing at first to the domino themselves - place my stamp on the Staz On black and stamp the part of the stamp I would like on the domino - then I heat set it - then you can add color with other staz on pads with qtips or cotton balls - if you add color heat set it again - after they have been heat set and cool - use Crystal Effects and place on top of the stamped domino - make sure you leave it on a flat surface or the colors may run - I also find that the staz on inks run a little in general by themselves.

Hope this helps.

Lisa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2004, 06:22 AM   #5  
Crimping Master

I sand mine lightly with one of the blocks used for manicures--I'm not sure what it's called! Then I stamp on it with any waterproof ink, and heat set with my heat gun. You can kind of see the ink change colors slightly as it gets hot. After I've colored in the image and heat set it again, I cover mine with Diamond Glaze. I haven't ever used SU's Crystal Effects, but I think it's almost the same. I also use the DG to attach a pin to the back, or a large bead to one of the edges to make a pendant. Have fun with it! It's really addicting!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2004, 06:57 AM   #6  
Mad Swapper

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are many ways to do these and just try them

I soak mine overnight in bleach to take off the shine. Then I stamp with Staz-on and let set until dry. I then color in with markers, chalks or ink from the ink pad lids using the aquapainter.

After that dries I spray a sealer on it. I've never had any run on me yet.
Reply With Quote Likes