Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Techniques (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/techniques-11/)
-   -   Brown Paper lunch bags (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/techniques-11/brown-paper-lunch-bags-521566/)

ICutTheScrap 02-27-2011 03:14 PM

Brown Paper lunch bags

I was at Big Lots the other evening a bought a big pack (100) of brown paper lunch sacks. Now I need inspiration. What projects have you done using these? If you have any posted please share the links. I knew they would be something I could use...now I just need inspiration.

LK

pjl-ny 02-27-2011 03:20 PM

Paper lunch bag scrapbooks?

glendak 02-27-2011 03:21 PM

paper bag purse, these are too cute and easy to make

dorism6220 02-27-2011 06:31 PM

Follow the Paper Trail has some videos on youtube on her paperbag mini albums.

buggainok 02-27-2011 06:50 PM

What I love to do with lunch sacks is run them through my Cuttlebug with an embossing folder. They will fit through the Bug if you do it in two runs, and lay the embossing folder horizontally across the bag. It really dresses them up, and then I fold over the top, punch a couple of holes and thread ribbon through and tie a bow.

Here is a white sack in my gallery that I used at Christmas with red ribbons. It turned out really cute. It's not a very good scan, but I think you can get the idea.

Cuttlebug Embossed Gift Bag by buggainok - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

123456hm 03-01-2011 08:07 AM

I like to staple the bottom up, right at the edges. This leaves a pocket in the front for a gift card, and the "main compartment" for a large chocolate bar or something like that. I gave these as gifts for teachers and friends at Christmas time and they were a big hit. I decorated the front, of course, and used a punch along the top edge of the bag. I don't have any pictures to post right now, sorry. But they were too cute! I saw the idea somewhere on Splitcoast, I think. : )

CarissaATRS 03-03-2011 09:30 AM

Paper bags are good for so many things! One idea I saw was a notepad (just cut the bags up into equal pieces, and embellish/color/whatever however you'd like!) There is also the scrapbook as someone mentioned (here's 1 link I found:Make Your Own Paper Bag Mini-Scrapbooks)
And finally, I just had to share this awesome project I found: Multifoliate Rose How cool is that?
Anyway I hope these helped and good luck, can't wait to see what you create :)

doorknocker3 03-03-2011 10:09 AM

I also folded up the bottom and stapled the sides to create a pocket. I used that pocket to hold a microwave popcorn packet and created a pull out "tag" for the opening that the bag creates. On this pocket front, I wrote something like "Pop Quiz: Who's the greatest teacher?" and then with the pull out tag, "YOU!". I sold these at a holiday craft fair and sold out of them. I of course did not take a picture, but they were really cute!

I'm also crazy about paperbag albums. They are by far my favorite mini albums!

stampnsk8r 03-05-2011 10:26 PM

here are 2 photos from my galery. I used just one bag and made a gift card/tag holder. Very easy...and you can add treats to the side that has the opening.

Imagination gift card by stampnsk8r - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Imagination open by stampnsk8r - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers