Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Technique Lover's Challenge (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/technique-lovers-challenge-f44/)
-   -   TLC750 ~ Out of Your Comfort Zone ~ {7/8/19} (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/technique-lovers-challenge-f44/tlc750-%7E-out-your-comfort-zone-%7E-%7B7-8-19%7D-t629816.html)

StampingQueenJAR 07-07-2019 07:50 PM

TLC750 ~ Out of Your Comfort Zone ~ {7/8/19}

Hello friends!
Thank you to everyone who played along last week and used their brayers!! Yay! I am still looking through the gallery, so if I haven't gotten to see your card yet, that's coming up soon!

Today we may be moving "Out of Your Comfort Zone"......or maybe not!
It's time to pull out some kind of coloring medium that you can work with WITHOUT AN IMAGE. Chalks, watercolors, markers, powders, sprays, anything that you can doodle or mess around with on a small-sized panel to make into a larger (regular sized) card.

In my sample, I have doodled some yellow watercolor paint on a small piece of cardstock. I was actually "trying out" the color to make sure it was what I wanted to color an image. BUT -- it became my main image for this particular card, and worked great!

No images allowed! :)
Doodle up! Try not to "plan" it out. Just let art happen.

You are certainly welcome to use/stamp a sentiment in a separate part of your card (see my example).

Tell us what color medium you used in your description and HAVE FUN!

Keyword: TLC750

My sample: Sense of Wonder
TLC750 Gallery Submissions

Cook22 07-07-2019 11:34 PM

That sounded like fun. I nipped upstairs before work after retrieving my dropper from DH and dripped some regular water-based ink onto Yupo to see what would happen. I tilted it a couple of ways and saw birds' heads with long necks and beaks. Hopefully by the time I get home from work it will be dry and I can doodle them in. Definitely outside my comfort zone.

snietje 07-08-2019 12:49 AM

Sabrina's project sounds fun and more interesting than mine today but I'm so tired, I hope we'll get some rain and that it will cool down now!!

here's my card:
TLC750 Happy Birthday by snietje - at Splitcoaststampers

JBgreendawn 07-08-2019 05:01 AM

hahahaha... Okay, I guess I can do something new for this after work but, the truth is I have a pile of such things on hand Judy.

but, I do have those powder watercolors that I do not play with because, the mess makes me cross-eyed. maybe I will use this as a kick in the pants to open them up again.

Cook22 07-08-2019 06:44 AM

Sniff, my little birds were still dripping wet when I got home. And, a risk I knew I was taking, red seems to be the one colour that really stains Yupo and you can't fully wipe it off.
Anyway, I'll get back to the Yupo another day, I pulled out some plain white card and my Brusho acrylic sprays and made this:
TLC750 Uncomfortable Spraying

susanbri 07-08-2019 08:45 AM

Definitely out of my comfort zone but a good challenge for a technique I'd wanted to try with my alcohol inks. Here's my card:

Uncomfortable Alcohol Ink by susanbri - at Splitcoaststampers

bubblestx4 07-08-2019 01:07 PM

I went not only out of my comfort zone but Out of control - tried a Dutch Pour on watercolor paper (usually done on large canvas's) it actually worked fairly well - though it did take 7 hours to dry!!

Dutch Pour by bubblestx4 - at Splitcoaststampers

Boss 07-08-2019 01:31 PM

Judy, this was a really uncomfortable challenge! :D I got brave and worked with a new set of watercolors. So intimidating to pretend to be artistic!
Here’s my artsy cloud card:

TLC750 Brighter Skies Ahead by Boss - at Splitcoaststampers

So fun - and scary at the same time. :D:cool:

lacyquilter 07-08-2019 02:31 PM

Here's my card: direct oxides.

jkanack 07-08-2019 04:51 PM

Definitely in my comfort zone. Had this little panel with alcohol inks:

Is Dainty the Same as Tiny? by jkanack - at Splitcoaststampers

stampersandee 07-08-2019 05:04 PM

Thanks Judy! Here is mine:

TLC750, You Are So Loved by stampersandee - at Splitcoaststampers

muscrat 07-09-2019 08:52 AM

Here is mine.

TLC750 Comfort zone by muscrat - at Splitcoaststampers

gutsport56 07-09-2019 11:02 AM

Here is my Card, thanks for the challenge.

TLC750 Merry Christmas by gutsport56 - at Splitcoaststampers

jacqueonmulberry 07-11-2019 12:18 PM

Here is m ine. Thanks for getting me out of my Comfort Zone! I struggled with what to do with it and finally used a punch.
Watercolor Bird by jacqueonmulberry - at Splitcoaststampers

Jay_Bee 07-14-2019 09:42 AM

Here is my masculine birthday card