Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Technique Lover's Challenge (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/technique-lovers-challenge-44/)
-   -   TLC836 ~ Pop-Up Flip Card ~ {03/01/2021} (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/technique-lovers-challenge-44/tlc836-%7E-pop-up-flip-card-%7E-%7B03-01-2021%7D-637444/)

Cook22 02-20-2021 02:04 AM

TLC836 ~ Pop-Up Flip Card ~ {03/01/2021}

6 Attachment(s)
March already!! Is it coming in like a lion or a lamb for you? I'll report back on what it was here after work - at the time of writing I will be hoping for a lamb because it's easier cycling in to work when it's not so windy.

I thought we would try a fold this week - one that I actually managed to try on the day it came out in the Inkling - the Pop-Up Flip Card .
I really enjoyed making it, and hope you will too.

The tutorial shows a circle, but you can use other shapes; I jumped in and tried a square for my first attempt the day it was posted.
Should you prefer to have your DP running all the way down to the centre fold on the inside, I'm adding an attachment showing you how I did that. I've also saved it as a Google doc which you can access HERE.
Another option is Kim's Hydrangea card, where she simply extended the pop-up element to be the full width of the card - you can see her example HERE.
I found it very easy to adapt to metric measurements simply using a standard A5 card.
Anita shared these measurements that she used:
Quote:

A5 fold double, dp 10/14.4 cm on the front; the inside I've cut 7.5cm/14.4 cm same for the bottom. I've made the center part as large as the card base using 10/14.9 scored at 2.5, 5 and 7.5 cm, I've kept 1.5 cm at each side on the top 2.5cm strip and cut off the left over
Here's a link to our TLC836 Pop-Up Flip Card gallery

Here's my card:
Be You - front
Be You - inside

Remember to use the keyword TLC836 when you are uploading. It's helpful if you come back and leave a link on this thread, especially in case you made a typo and people may not find your card.

If you're not sure how to link your card on the thread here, here's how:

1. Open 2 windows or tabs: one window for your card and one for this thread.
2. In this thread, click on reply and type anything you want to show before the link.
3. Go to your card window. Highlight the address for your card. (It says www. splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showphoto..... and so on)
4. Click EDIT. Click COPY
5. Go back to this thread. Click PASTE and submit.

* If you want to show your card title or chosen text instead of a simple link, when you come back to this thread click on the link icon above the reply box (it's to the right of the + sign). Place your LINK in the LOWER box, and write your chosen text in the UPPER box, then click OK.

snietje 02-28-2021 09:50 PM

Thank you Sabrina to make us try this fun pop-up, here are mine:

Happiness
Christmas Style

allee's 03-01-2021 06:07 AM

Here's my card for today's challenge:

A Bit of Sunshine

fauxme 03-01-2021 06:58 AM

Great choice Sabrina. I saw this in the Inkling and had it on my to do list. Thanks for bringing it to the top of my list. I will definitely be making more of these.

Closed

Open

Cook22 03-01-2021 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fauxme (Post 22058209)
Great choice Sabrina. I saw this in the Inkling and had it on my to do list. Thanks for bringing it to the top of my list. I will definitely be making more of these.

Closed

Open

I always like it when a challenge facilitates and accelerates something that was on my to-do list.

niki1 03-01-2021 07:38 AM

Thanks Sabrina for the challenge and Kim Peck for the tutorial.
Here is my card:
https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/3029891?cat=500&ppuser=205884

niki

Cook22 03-01-2021 08:46 AM

I said I'd report back on the weather - it's a lamb-like start to March here, and I was very glad of that this morning - we've had some fierce windy days here when I was using two to three gears lower than normal on my bicycle :roll:.
Maybe I'll make a lamb flip card on Wednesday to celebrate.

bubblestx4 03-01-2021 01:22 PM

Long day and while I did finally get a card made and some laundry done, I really didn't feel productive. I'm glad the grandson's will just be thrilled that is has moving parts because it feels a bite lackluster to me.

Here's my try: Leprechaun Magic (Inside)
Leprechaun Magic (Outside)

n2scrappin 03-01-2021 06:34 PM

I couldn't resist in joining the fun this week! Thanks for the awesome challenge!

Here's mine: https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/g...0&ppuser=84569
LeAnn

hotwheels 03-02-2021 07:14 PM

Here's my card for the challenge. Thanks Linda
https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/g...0&ppuser=20490

Paper Junky 03-03-2021 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cook22 (Post 22058213)
I always like it when a challenge facilitates and accelerates something that was on my to-do list.

Me, too! "Christmas Style" by snietje gave me an idea and this new technique for my son's upcoming 37th birthday. I think I may have to CASE it a bit!

Paper Junky 03-03-2021 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snietje (Post 22058105)
Thank you Sabrina to make us try this fun pop-up, here are mine:

Happiness
Christmas Style

I think I might have to CASE your "Christmas Style" card a bit for my son's upcoming birthday. Obviously, I will be changing the Christmas greeting but the subject and style will be perfect for a masculine card. Thank you.

snietje 03-03-2021 04:22 AM

Always happy to inspire someone, so please go ahead!! and show us!!

jkanack 03-03-2021 10:43 AM

I like the technique but it wasn't easy for me:

Focus on the Positive by jkanack

Paper Junky 03-23-2021 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snietje (Post 22058768)
Always happy to inspire someone, so please go ahead!! and show us!!

I've uploaded my card -- . Gnome Matter What

I really wanted to use a deer on my pop-up, but I didn't have an image that would work--so I went with gnomes. Anita, thank you for the inspiration!

​​​​​​​Hopefully, I've linked it correctly! It's been a long time since I've done a challenge. Aside from gallery index cards, I hadn't uploaded to the gallery since 2016. I apparently need to get back into doing this more often!