Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Technique Lover's Challenge (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/technique-lovers-challenge-44/)
-   -   TLC797~ Shaving Foam with Brushos ~ {06/01/2020} (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/technique-lovers-challenge-44/tlc797%7E-shaving-foam-brushos-%7E-%7B06-01-2020%7D-632970/)

Cook22 04-05-2020 09:41 AM

TLC797~ Shaving Foam with Brushos ~ {06/01/2020}

I was going to feature this last month, but went for a fold as we'd had a couple of "messier", more supply-intensive challenges. Since this time we have just had a couple of folds, I thought I would feature this. Today we will be trying Shaving Foam with Brushos (or of course any other watercolour powder you have, like Bisters, Colorburst, Pixie Powders etc). Yep, I know Anita just listed shaving foam as a requirement - but I reckoned that you couldn't play at all if you didn't have shaving foam. At least if you have that, even if you don't have any powders, feel free to use re-inkers, food colouring or whatever, but if you have powders I hope you'll give it a try. It's a lovely effect. You just need to allow a couple of minutes for the colours to activate on the shaving foam before swirling them. And I found that I had to scrape the excess foam off carefully in case there were still granules of undissolved colour.

The traditional shaving foam tutorial is found HERE

Follow the directions, except sprinkle some watercolour powders and allow to activate for a few minutes before swirling.

The background created from my first two photos was used in the Portrait Pals card sample. The last photo shows two of the completed prints from the other step-out photos.

Here's a link to ourTLC797 Shaving Foam with Brushos gallery

Here are my cards - although if I can't bear the thought of trying to edit this post again due to ongoing site issues,  they will be in the next one. This is highly likely, as I've already lost all my images once. 

Remember to use the keyword TLC797 when you are uploading. It's helpful if you come back and leave a link on this thread, especially in case you made a typo and people may not find your card.

If you're not sure how to link your card on the thread here, here's how:

1. Open 2 windows or tabs: one window for your card and one for this thread.
2. In this thread, click on reply and type anything you want to show before the link.
3. Go to your card window. Highlight the address for your card. (It says www. splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showphoto..... and so on)
4. Click EDIT. Click COPY
5. Go back to this thread. Click PASTE.

Cook22 05-31-2020 12:48 PM

I couldn't, indeed, bear the thought of having to spend time sorting out the first post if things went AWOL on editing. It's a holiday weekend here, I have a busy week ahead and I just thought hang it. Sorry. It already took time sorting out bogey posts in the Favourites thread - that's enough time spent. So, here are my two cards.

TLC797 Daisy Meets Shabby

TLC797 Portrait Pals

snietje 05-31-2020 08:56 PM

Your challenge made me try different ways to use it, I wasn't convinced in the beginning and didn't like it so much but because I'm a lucky team mate who had time to try it before I had the more and more fun to use this technique so I've made 3

TLC797 Framed Flower by snietje - at Splitcoaststampers

TLC797 Fisherman's Friend by snietje - at Splitcoaststampers

TLC797 Butterfly Wishes by snietje - at Splitcoaststampers

susie australia 05-31-2020 10:05 PM

Can't wait to try this Sabrina. The sample by you and Snietje are fabulous, thanks for persisting with the upload.

jdmommy 06-01-2020 04:36 AM

Here's mine,

https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/g...&ppuser=136194

TLady 06-01-2020 05:23 AM

Sabrina, this technique leaves a VERY FESTIVE touch to your cards! AND I can't believe you used a Brittany Knitting Needle to do this with! ACK!!!! (I treat my needles as gold! LOL) By the way, your shaving cream looks SCRUMPTIOUS!!! Like a decorated CAKE!!! Now, you've made me hungry! LOL

knoxville8625 06-01-2020 09:07 AM

Here's mine for today. Thanks Sabrina!

CAS588, TLC797, Sailing Father's Day by knoxville8625 - at Splitcoaststampers

Crafty Julia 06-01-2020 09:37 AM

TLC797 CAS588 thoughtful daisy

Sabrina- wonderful challenge, thanks! I went with a "blue sky"- using shaving foam and blue food coloring- applied also to my craft background. Stamped daisy petals twice, propping up the daisy head with foam dimensionals. Fussy cut my stems, and added a sentiment block. Finished with 3 washi tape borders, and used a fancy corner rounder. Here's thoughtful daisy

Jay_Bee 06-01-2020 09:42 AM

I made a dramatic night sky - Holy Night

annsforte3 06-01-2020 12:24 PM

My bgs are drying!! What a wonderful mess I made!!

jkanack 06-01-2020 02:38 PM

I would say this technique was more challenging than the usual shaving cream, mainly because I was afraid of smearing. But they certainly are vibrant backgrounds.

Triangulation by jkanack - at Splitcoaststampers

ArtzadoniStudio 06-01-2020 03:20 PM

I did two separate smears of shaving creme and colors on a tray got quite a few BG's that I'm happy with. Thanks, Sabrina. https://images.splitcoaststampers.co...?ts=1591051908

Weather the Storm

mcschmidty 06-01-2020 05:54 PM

Hello

I made quite a few of these backgrounds from one squirt of shaving cream and running sheets through them and dabbing it back in- on an occasion or two, adding more color. Very fun and a great challenge! Thanks

HERE is my card

Shelly

rokale 06-02-2020 06:36 AM

looks interesting - right in the middle of doing yard work but def. will come back and try this!

pvilbaum 06-02-2020 07:37 PM

Just now getting to look at the challenges for this week. This looks fun and it will be interesting to see what brushos do with the foam. The thumbnails of your results look great! I'll be back.

Ozpom 06-04-2020 12:57 AM

Here’s my card Sabrina. I had fun using foam this time and not gel...I have so many panels lol.

To say hello to Melanie by Ozpom - at Splitcoaststampers

JRHolbrook 06-04-2020 01:00 PM

I made a big mess, but it was so much fun! I have 8 panels created with shaving gel and Hawaiian Punch powder!

TLC797 Still the One by JRHolbrook - at Splitcoaststampers

Margscardcrazy 06-04-2020 03:41 PM

Good morning or evening (as the case may be) I just wanted to share this photo with you, I'm tickled pink with the way this turned out.

I'm the first up in our house, a left over from having to rise at five am every day during the week while working. It's the perfect time to indulge in some crafting and today I decided to have a go at the "Shaving Foam with Brushos"

I don't have brushos but I do have Ken Oliver Colour Burst powder watercolour paint.

I have done this technique before but used re-inkers. This has turned out even better, what do you think?

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.spl...8b496b1141.jpg
1. was my first layer then I re-swirled and pressed down more firmly for the second, third and fourth. The fourth one is less defined and much softer but lushes in it's own right.
I used green and a touch of yellow. I will be making a card for DH's birthday later this afternoon but I was so excited with the results I just had to share.
Thanks Sabrina for coming up with this, it's amazing and I only have two green fingers. :lolo::lolo:

TLady 06-04-2020 04:46 PM

BEAUTIFUL WORK, Marg!!!! If I got up that early, my work wouldn't look like this! LOL A SUPER JOB!!! I'd be tickled too!! ;)<3

Cook22 06-05-2020 07:27 AM

They look beautiful, Marg. I see underwater scene potential. They also remind of the jade vine, I think it's called, which grows in the tropical house in the Botanic Gardens here. I look forward to seeing what you do with them.

Margscardcrazy 06-07-2020 08:05 PM

Here's mine Buggy Birthday, I'm sorry I couldn't get it up earlier, better very late than never at all lol.

Ozpom 08-09-2020 03:59 AM

You may see cards appearing from me for months using this technique. Love it. I pulled a couple of panels out of my stash this weekend and made this. Happy day

Shave, then Smile whilst watching Fireworks by Ozpom - at Splitcoaststampers

Ozpom 08-13-2020 02:20 AM

Here is another card I made today using one of my shaving foam/gel panels. I have a few.

Hello is that the Craft Store? by Ozpom - at Splitcoaststampers

cj nalley 08-16-2020 10:19 PM

Here are two cards using shaving cream with Brusho

FS706 meets TLC797 by cj nalley - at Splitcoaststampers
FS706 shave cream with brushos on TLC797 tie dye t-shirt by cj nalley - at Splitcoaststampers

Chatterbox-1 11-27-2021 01:43 AM

I am playing my "Challenge Catch-up" cardmaking and catching up on my SCS postings. This was a belated birthday card for a friend and crafting buddy!

As I wanted to do a Shaving Cream BG, I used re-inkers instead of Brushos.

Here is my card: It's A Shaving Cream Birthday!