Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Technique Lover's Challenge (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/technique-lovers-challenge-44/)
-   -   TLC711 ~ Scratch Paper Art ~ {10/8/18} (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/technique-lovers-challenge-44/tlc711-%7E-scratch-paper-art-%7E-%7B10-8-18%7D-626421/)

StampingQueenJAR 10-07-2018 05:56 PM

TLC711 ~ Scratch Paper Art ~ {10/8/18}

1 Attachment(s)
Hello Friends!
I hope you had a great crafty weekend and got in some time to make something on World Cardmaking Day! If not, here is your chance to catch up!

Today's technique is inspired by Julie Warner (justwritedesigns) and Lydia Fiedler (UnderstandBlue). Julie had a fabulous challenge during our last Dare to Get Dirty challenges, and Lydia taught this little tip at one of her retreats I attended. So -- thank you, ladies, for the inspiration!!

Julie called her challenge Scratch Paper Art, which is a perfect title, because it's all about inked up paper that you use as a scratch pad. For my card today, I used a sheet of "brayer cleaner" paper (see attached photo). When I learned to make monoprints at Lydia's retreat, she told us about cleaning our brayers (with different ink colors) on a full sheet of cardstock, and then later using those sheets to make other art. They are full of fun layers of color!

Julie's challenge extended that even farther: using any scratch paper underneath what you're working on. Paper that is partially inked, stencilled, sponged, etc.

So today we are going to focus on making a main image or panel in our projects from scratch paper that has been inked from doing "something else." Make sense?

Let your Scratch Paper Art shine - don't make it just a background panel that can't be seen. Show it off! Make it the focal point. Cut a sentiment die from part of a weird sponged and sprayed "mess". Use a solid die to show off your art. I used a tree die in my card, and I love the layers of color that make it look like fall! There are all sorts of possibilities.

Have a fun time using up those unknown works of art! I can hardly wait to see what you create!

My card: Wishes
TLC711 Gallery

Keyword: TLC711

snietje 10-08-2018 12:01 AM

This makes one happy in the morning, listening birds singing outside and crafting that's the best way to start my week, thanks for the fun challenge

TLC711, Scratch Paper Art by snietje - at Splitcoaststampers

bensarmom 10-08-2018 04:03 AM

Judy, I loved Julie's challenge. So glad you chose it. I had just recycled my grid paper so I had to dig in the recycled paper bin to find a sheet to use. LOL Here's my card.

justwritedesigns 10-08-2018 07:34 AM

Well thank you so much, Miss Judy, for the mention! My favorite kind of challenge! I guess I'd better go dig thru my stash of saved scratch paper (yes, I do have a stash of those, lol).

Cook22 10-08-2018 07:41 AM

I saved the piece I was originally going to use - and made this as a quick card. Got to get back and do the vacuuming now, but at least all the dusting got done first :D.

TLC711 Magic Midnight Garden

I've had fun in the past using the paper left after sponging pillowtop backgrounds, but I looked in the grid pad that I use for that, and I couldn't find any.

Precious Kitty 10-08-2018 10:26 AM

I took a piece of scrap paper, and ran the green and red ink pads I had over it, then sprayed it with gold shimmer spray. I then die cut the word JOY.

Judy this was a great challenge!!

TLC711 Joy

JRHolbrook 10-08-2018 12:44 PM

Here's my card made from scratch paper I had brayered and spritzed with glitter ink last week to make some fall cards. I'm glad I saved it! Fall Thanks TLC711

Fall Thanks by JRHolbrook - at Splitcoaststampers

tessaduck 10-08-2018 02:03 PM

Here 'tis: a better place

justwritedesigns 10-08-2018 02:21 PM

Thanks, Judy! Here's my Musical Leaves. Thanks so much for looking.

mtgirl89 10-09-2018 02:48 PM

I couldn't find any scratchpaper I liked of mine, LOL, so I found some from my daugher. Think I will use this technique more.

Scratch paper art by mtgirl89 - at Splitcoaststampers.