Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Technique Lover's Challenge (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/technique-lovers-challenge-44/)
-   -   TLC481 ~ That's Not My Style! ~ {5/12/14} (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/technique-lovers-challenge-44/tlc481-%7E-thats-not-my-style-%7E-%7B5-12-14%7D-587564/)

StampingQueenJAR 05-11-2014 08:01 PM

TLC481 ~ That's Not My Style! ~ {5/12/14}

7 Attachment(s)
Hello everyone! It is my turn to host the TLC Challenge this week and it may be just that - a CHALLENGE - because I am asking you to make a project choosing one of the style techniques below that is NOT YOUR USUAL STYLE, or what you necessarily like to do. Sometimes, we need to be forced out of our comfort zone to grow.

So..... if you are a CAS gal, then I don't want to see that from you this week. Maybe you should do a shabby chic design. If you love to color, try stamping without coloring - use different colors of ink, and just stamp! Use tons of layers? Try a one-layer wonder! This isn't to say you can't do something you have done before - it just shouldn't reflect your usual style in your gallery.

Choose from the following options for your STYLE TECHNIQUE that is OUT OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE:

Clean and Simple
One Layer (not necessarily the same as CAS)
Alcohol markers or pencils
No Coloring
Shabby Chic
Lots of Layers
Mixed Media

I have attached thumbnails of some samples I have previously made using the above styles for your inspiration (in the order listed above). PLUS, you know you have your favorite artists in the various styles -- go case one of their cards! Please give credit if you choose that route~
Please make something new for this challenge!

Have fun!

TLC481 Gallery Submissions

One4Joy 05-11-2014 10:35 PM

Wow, Judy, what marvelous samples of the different styles! A neat challenge, and one I will have to sleep on....I like to think I mix it up pretty good. It will be fun the gallery gaze on this one.

scrappigramma2 05-12-2014 05:08 AM

How fun Judy! I chose CAS... It became a butterfly

peeps321 05-12-2014 05:14 AM

Great idea Judy...I gave it a go and came up with this....

Your Friendship

gabalot 05-12-2014 05:25 AM

Thanks for the challenge, Judy! I enjoyed making my CAS card and I'm hoping to make another style later today.

Nerd Cat Cool

Thanks for looking! :)

Tootsy 05-12-2014 05:40 AM

Thanks for this challenge, you make me publish a card that I'll probably never published because the clean and simple cards is not my style. So here is my version of Shelli's Gardner card with a twist. I made some changes, I'll let you guess..

Happy Mother's Day by Tootsy - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Crafty Julia 05-12-2014 06:38 AM

TLC481 Turtley Awesome

Had fun keeping it simple- just a stamped image and sentiment, light shading, and a snippet of ribbon- Done! Here's Turtley Awesome

YLM 05-12-2014 08:43 AM

thanks it was fun

Luv Flowers 05-12-2014 09:12 AM

Thanks for that fun challenge Judy!! Your samples are very nice too. :>) You MakeMe Happy... by Luv Flowers - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

stampin'nana 05-12-2014 10:25 AM

Oh, Judy, was this ever a challenge for me! But I decided to take it on, plunging right in! Here is my Anniversary card: Anniversary Flowers by stampin'nana - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

cjzim 05-12-2014 11:31 AM

What a great idea for a challenge today - and very challenging for me! I chose the one that is the style I hardly ever do, which is stamping a line art image and NOT coloring it in, either with watercolors, Copics, colored pencils or something! I created a watercolor wash background and stamped my image over that.

Because It Has A Song

bejoyce 05-12-2014 12:08 PM

This is a super challenge, perfect for "Try a New Technique." Making a one-layer card is very scary for me. I've developed the habit of covering up a mistake with another layer, embellishment, or something!

But I decided to try for a one-layer card today, and I'm pleased with the results. Already thinking of how I could improve the next one, though . . .

Here's my Serene Sympathy.

Thanks for looking!

BobbiesGirl 05-12-2014 12:19 PM

CAS is definitely not my style and the hardest type of card for me to make because it just never feels DONE, but here's mine. Now I need a nap.;)

BarbieP 05-12-2014 02:36 PM

CAS and one layer or no layer is not my style. Way out of my comfort zone. Here is mine.

CAS & One Layer by BarbieP - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

scootsv 05-12-2014 03:25 PM

Not my style is shabby chic. Here is my attempt at this. thanks for all you do for us for the challenges.

Reddyisco 05-12-2014 03:59 PM

Thanks for the challenge! Here's mine.

asweetjewel 05-12-2014 04:29 PM

Shabby Chic was a new technique for me, fun, fun, fun! *F4A220, TLC481 Shabby Chic by asweetjewel - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Inspired by this card on Pinterest-*http://www.pinterest.com/pin/564568503258075224/
TFL

JBgreendawn 05-12-2014 06:56 PM

I don't have a set in stone style I don't think. I do them all over and over again more or less but, I Don't watercolor with pencils ( ever ) I think people who "paint" are so very brave and so I did that...

TLC481 bebe in Watercolors by JBgreendawn - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

gl1253 05-12-2014 08:04 PM

I made this card for the challenge...it's a cross between mixed media and vintage. I made the background from torn pieces from an old book.

Hand Crafted with Love by gl1253 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Julie Gearinger 05-13-2014 02:44 AM

Thanks for the challenge-CAS is so difficult for me but I keep trying :-)

CAS Celebrate with Stars by Julie Gearinger - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

momof5sons 05-13-2014 08:32 AM

For whatever reason I always seem to mess up easel cards, so I chose to do that style...here is my multi-challenge Strengthen You.

Tara Lynnie 05-13-2014 11:14 AM

This was a challenge for me, but this is what I came up with.

ccc 05-13-2014 07:00 PM

Thanks for a fun challenge to inspire us to get out of our comfort zone. I went with the alcohol markers which is new to me.

TLC481 F4A220 Bloom with Hope and Ruffled Ribbon by ccc - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Creatively yours,

Sharon
My Blog
YouTube
Facebook

redi2stamp 05-14-2014 04:10 AM

I just looked thru the gallery, and every card was simply awesome! Each one made me ooohhh and awwww... great job stampers!

nancy littrell 05-14-2014 01:13 PM

I really struggle with One Layer Cards even though I love CAS designs. I actually like how my card turned out :p Enjoy...

One Layer Stenciled Birthday

nancy littrell 05-14-2014 01:34 PM

Whoops...Here is the Correct Link :rolleyes:

One Layer Birthday

YorkieMoma 05-19-2014 05:11 AM

Here is mine!

Not my style...."Thank You"!!!

TFL!!!

marney 05-19-2014 02:31 PM

This is the first time to post to this thread.... I love a challenge and think it should be fun... This is my first attempt and although, I have trouble with one layer card I hope it passes the test.....

One layer card by marney - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers