Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Technique Lover's Challenge (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/technique-lovers-challenge-44/)
-   -   TLC283 ~ T-Slide Cards ~ (07/26/10) (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/technique-lovers-challenge-44/tlc283-%7E-t-slide-cards-%7E-07-26-10-a-500028/)

Toy 07-25-2010 06:51 PM

TLC283 ~ T-Slide Cards ~ (07/26/10)

Hello, Friends!

Over the last ten days I have stamped my fingers to the bone. It's been great! If you've been playing along with the Dare to Get Dirty challenge, you still have until Aug 1st to get your cards/projects uploaded to be considered for the Challenge Queen contest. There are some fab prizes!

~ T-Slide Cards ~

This week we are going to make Kim Score's (needmorestamps) T-Slide cards. These are a cool mechanism card. My suggestion is that you read the step by step AND watch the video. I actually did a stop-motion thing with the video and followed each step and mine came together rather easily!

Here is my sample:

~ Out For A Spin - Closed ~

~ Out For A Spin - Opened ~

When uploading your creation, please remember to:

Upload to the special T-Slide Gallery (from the drop down menu)
Use Keyword TLC283 (no spaces)

You can view the entire TLC283 gallery HERE.

You can view the entire T-Slide gallery HERE.

Now go create!

bensarmom 07-25-2010 07:18 PM

Holly, it's been a long time since I"ve done these, so I'm gonna give it a shot. Thanks for keeping us challenged each week.

joan ervin 07-25-2010 07:26 PM

This is pretty cool, Holly...I'll have to give it a shot tomorrow!!!

imastampin 07-25-2010 07:40 PM

Oh goody! I wanted to try this when I first saw it. Now I have a great excuse. Thanks Holly!

mlj-mlj 07-25-2010 08:45 PM

I'm with Karen- I've been wanting to try this. I just looked at this video this past week but hadn't gotten around to trying it. Goody!

bensarmom 07-25-2010 08:45 PM

Here's my outside
and
inside

imastampin 07-25-2010 10:42 PM

Thanks for this challenge. It was a bit more of a challenge than some, but I completed it and now I can go to bed! lol

Here is my card.

Closed

Open

Cook22 07-26-2010 02:30 AM

Thank you, Holly - this was on my to-do list this week.
I did try to incorporate a tilt in one of my DTGD cards, but it didn't work. For once, my second attempt at a technique was worse!! than my first, which I did actually post up a couple of years back.
Just got to catch up on some of the housework that got neglected last week :D.

n5stamper 07-26-2010 04:17 AM

Here is my BIRTHDAY UNICORN T-SLIDER.

needmorestamps 07-26-2010 04:25 AM

some more details for the technique

Hey all, I created this tutorial way back in May and posted it on my blog. If anyone is having difficulty following the SCS tutorial, you can visit my blog for more detailed instructions. Beate had to pare down the instructions for space so it may leave a couple steps unclear. I wrote my instructions so a "caveman can do it" LOL.

Also, I have instructions for the triple t-slide variation and an A2 size cutting template as well. I wish I had time to do the video myself but the tutorial was moved up in the rotation from January 2011 to this month! Beate changed the dimensions of her card a bit and her cutting technique is different from mine, so you may be confused if you read the written tutorial AND watch the video.

Paper Punch Addiction: T-Slide Card
Paper Punch Addiction: Triple T-Slide Card
Paper Punch Addiction: T-Slide cutting diagram for A2 size card

Here are a few tips so that your T-slide mechanism slides easily:

1) If you change the dimensions of the card, give the card a 3/4" frame. Beate changed the frame to 1/2" in the video and I think this is the reason it didn't slide as easily. You need to give yourself a little more "wiggle room" in the sliding mechanism. If you don't pull the slide exactly straight, it may "catch" on the inside and not slide as well.

2) If you add a piece to the front of the card, please make sure to only put adhesive on the right side of the pop up center or the mechanism won't open. Also make sure the cardstock of your element doesn't go over the score line on the right side of the frame.

3) To prevent the pull tab from sticking on the edge of the cardstock when pushing it back in place, try adding a thin dimensional on each side of the pull tab before putting your backing piece on. This will raise the cardstock a little and create clearance for the pull tab to go back in easily.

Hope all of these tips help you create an awesome T-slide!!

MariLynn 07-26-2010 05:19 AM

Thank you so much Holly for all that you do getting these challenges together for all of us. You are a sweetheart. Like the other ladies, I have been meaning to give this a try. Thanks for the extra push today! I hope to play and be back later.

DawnL 07-26-2010 05:20 AM

oh, these were so much FUN!! I did several...hmmm...just might have to do another! Thanks Kim!

Cook22 07-26-2010 05:57 AM

Owl Slide

jdmommy 07-26-2010 07:05 AM

here's mine

TLC283 Chickadee T-Slide with Ferns (outside) by jdmommy - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Holly, this was tough! the second time worked out better, but you should see the mess!! Then again, better not!

Toy 07-26-2010 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by needmorestamps (Post 17068887)
Hey all, I created this tutorial way back in May and posted it on my blog. If anyone is having difficulty following the SCS tutorial, you can visit my blog for more detailed instructions. Beate had to pare down the instructions for space so it may leave a couple steps unclear. I wrote my instructions so a "caveman can do it" LOL.

Also, I have instructions for the triple t-slide variation and an A2 size cutting template as well. I wish I had time to do the video myself but the tutorial was moved up in the rotation from January 2011 to this month! Beate changed the dimensions of her card a bit and her cutting technique is different from mine, so you may be confused if you read the written tutorial AND watch the video.

Paper Punch Addiction: T-Slide Card
Paper Punch Addiction: Triple T-Slide Card
Paper Punch Addiction: T-Slide cutting diagram for A2 size card

Here are a few tips so that your T-slide mechanism slides easily:

1) If you change the dimensions of the card, give the card a 3/4" frame. Beate changed the frame to 1/2" in the video and I think this is the reason it didn't slide as easily. You need to give yourself a little more "wiggle room" in the sliding mechanism. If you don't pull the slide exactly straight, it may "catch" on the inside and not slide as well.

2) If you add a piece to the front of the card, please make sure to only put adhesive on the right side of the pop up center or the mechanism won't open. Also make sure the cardstock of your element doesn't go over the score line on the right side of the frame.

3) To prevent the pull tab from sticking on the edge of the cardstock when pushing it back in place, try adding a thin dimensional on each side of the pull tab before putting your backing piece on. This will raise the cardstock a little and create clearance for the pull tab to go back in easily.

Hope all of these tips help you create an awesome T-slide!!

Great tips, Kim! Thanks so much!

Off to get the crew started and then I'll be back to peek at what you all have done!

hobbydujour 07-26-2010 11:34 AM

yo sam 07-26-2010 03:52 PM

This was FUN! Here's mine TLC283 Masculine Birthday (closed) by yo sam - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

peggysue 07-26-2010 06:21 PM

This was a great challenge! Thanks.
TLC283 Tweet! by peggysue - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

cotdsffs 07-26-2010 07:36 PM

This challenge was the incentive to try the Triple T-Slide card found here

Here is my entry. Here is the inside. Had lots of fun, though I am having a little trouble with it sticking when I try to close it. :D

marilynprestonn 07-27-2010 03:47 AM

Had some fun with this one Holly. Thanks for the fun challenge and the tutorial from SCS.

T-SLIDE CARD

T-SLIDE CARD INSIDE

needmorestamps 07-27-2010 04:38 AM

sticking tab

Quote:

Originally Posted by cotdsffs (Post 17073415)
This challenge was the incentive to try the Triple T-Slide card found here

Here is my entry. Here is the inside. Had lots of fun, though I am having a little trouble with it sticking when I try to close it. :D

to fix the problem with the tab catching on the edge of the cardstock when you close it, try putting a thin dimensional on each side of the tab before attaching the back. This way, it raises the cardstock a little so there is clearance for the tab to go back in place. Hope this helps!

needmorestamps 07-27-2010 04:38 AM

missing

Quote:

Originally Posted by peggysue (Post 17072865)

I wanted to check it out but it was missing from the gallery?

vernagus 07-31-2010 06:27 AM

I actually attempted this one...the tutorial was a little intimidating...then again I also changed the size so that made it even harder. Complete and "get" it now! Thanks for the challenge!

Baby Fairy T-Slide Closed

Baby Fairy T-Slide Open

stamping_mynn 08-04-2010 01:36 PM

I uploaded it and forgot to post it to the thread--oops! Here is mine--TFL and this was FUN!!!

Outside: Happiness Always Outside by stamping_mynn - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Inside: Happiness Always Inside by stamping_mynn - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

niki1 08-05-2010 09:44 AM

here is my card :
WT282 Doggy with a problem by niki1 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
WT282 Doggy with a problem- Inside by niki1 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
niki