Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Technique Lover's Challenge (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/technique-lovers-challenge-44/)
-   -   TLC208 Round Top Box {2/16/09} (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/technique-lovers-challenge-44/tlc208-round-top-box-%7B2-16-09%7D-419606/)

Lynn in St. Louis 02-16-2009 02:35 AM

TLC208 Round Top Box {2/16/09}

1 Attachment(s)
Hi ladies, and happy Monday. I hope you'll like today's technique. If you're looking for an easy box to make, (and I mean REALLY EASY) this project is for you. Today I bring you a project and a template (see PDF below) to make a Round Top Box. Just print the template onto a piece of card stock, cut it out, stamp, add paper (if that's your choice), embellish and you have a wonderful way to present anything from chocolates, jelly beans, or a little gift item of your choosing. Just let your imagination run wild. With the creativity that you all possess, I can't wait to see what you come up with!

To view my sample, just click HERE.

To view all the samples of these great boxes, click HERE.

Don't forget to use the keyword TLC208 (no spaces) when you upload your projects.

Hint for next week: Do you know the Rubber Band Man?

GardenDiva 02-16-2009 02:38 AM

Can't wait to play. Back later. This will be fun.
Tina

NANCYRUTH 02-16-2009 02:46 AM

Thank you Lynn!!

bensarmom 02-16-2009 02:51 AM

Looks so cool, can't wait to play-Thanks Lynn!

Mrs Nickel 02-16-2009 02:52 AM

OH THIS IS SO CUTE!!! I am so glad I am not strep-sick! I can play again!!

lifesabeach32940 02-16-2009 02:57 AM

Help with Templates

WOW!! What a GREAT challenge, and your example is AWESOME!! I have a quick (probably stupid) question, but I'm hoping you can help. When you print the template onto cardstock, how do you cut it out so that the lines don't show? :confused:

This really looks like fun, but I don't think I could ever come close to making something that looks as great as yours!! :D

Lynn in St. Louis 02-16-2009 03:00 AM

If you're really careful, you can cut just inside the line, or you can do like I did and cover the "round top" part with something...I used some really think glittery sheeting stuff (sorry, I don't remember what it's called). The lines on the box part won't show because it's on the inside.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lifesabeach32940 (Post 13131273)
WOW!! What a GREAT challenge, and your example is AWESOME!! I have a quick (probably stupid) question, but I'm hoping you can help. When you print the template onto cardstock, how do you cut it out so that the lines don't show? :confused:

This really looks like fun, but I don't think I could ever come close to making something that looks as great as yours!! :D

tommygirloz 02-16-2009 03:26 AM

Hi Lynn! This is cool but I'm having trouble with PDF's at the moment. Any chance I can get it in .doc?

teenastamps 02-16-2009 03:32 AM

ohhhh...myyyyyy....

I'm thinking Easter all over the place here!! :D I think one of those plastic eggs would JUST FIT in these! TFS! And I am in an egg swap here...glad I didn't send mine out yet! :D
I'm going to try to make one...I already tried it on plain copy paper...and even THAT filmsy stuff made a box of sorts! :D

Lynn in St. Louis 02-16-2009 03:34 AM

Do you have the latest version of Adobe reader? Version 9 can be downloaded for free HERE.

The template came to me in a PDF, so I don't have the ability to convert it. :confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommygirloz (Post 13131377)
Hi Lynn! This is cool but I'm having trouble with PDF's at the moment. Any chance I can get it in .doc?

teenastamps 02-16-2009 03:35 AM

And I just thought of something REALLY REALLY COOL...

IF you are like me, and limited space is an issue, you could get a bulletin board, some push pins, and make little holders for the basics like paper clips and push pins and attach them to your bulletin board or your wall even...wooHOO!

Versatile little box, it is! :D :D :D

Lynn in St. Louis 02-16-2009 03:36 AM

FANTASTIC IDEA! How cute would that be?

Quote:

Originally Posted by teenastamps (Post 13131419)
And I just thought of something REALLY REALLY COOL...

IF you are like me, and limited space is an issue, you could get a bulletin board, some push pins, and make little holders for the basics like paper clips and push pins and attach them to your bulletin board or your wall even...wooHOO!

Versatile little box, it is! :D :D :D

teenastamps 02-16-2009 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynn in St. Louis (Post 13131424)
FANTASTIC IDEA! How cute would that be?

I'm fixing to find out...:D

DawnL 02-16-2009 03:40 AM

thanks Lynn!

tommygirloz 02-16-2009 03:44 AM

Thanks Lynn! This problem occurs when we got Vista as our OS.:mad: I've installed and uninstalled Adobe 9 and still can't read the PDFs. Oh, well! I'll just try to find a way. Thanks heaps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynn in St. Louis (Post 13131414)
Do you have the latest version of Adobe reader? Version 9 can be downloaded for free HERE.

The template came to me in a PDF, so I don't have the ability to convert it. :confused:

Lynn in St. Louis 02-16-2009 03:50 AM

Let me see what I can do...stand by (well, you don't actually have to stand) :mrgreen:

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommygirloz (Post 13131464)
Thanks Lynn! This problem occurs when we got Vista as our OS.:mad: I've installed and uninstalled Adobe 9 and still can't read the PDFs. Oh, well! I'll just try to find a way. Thanks heaps.

debhorst 02-16-2009 03:54 AM

Here is my little box for today's challenge!! What a sweet packaging idea!!

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...7279?cat=15702

teenastamps 02-16-2009 03:55 AM

I wonder, Lynn...dumb as I am...if you took the actual printout and scanned it back into your computer, then reposted it...would that make it readable to others?

Just a thought...but it's from somebody who is NOT computer savvy at all. Get me past email and posting and I am a dork. LOL.

HTH.

Lynn in St. Louis 02-16-2009 03:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok, I've saved it as a JPEG, but I'm not sure how it will look when printed. Can you open this file?

teenastamps 02-16-2009 04:04 AM

Hmmm...I tried printing it on copy paper from that...

the heading/footing of it (words...)...made it come out on two pages with me...but i have a Mac and am running Safari...so not sure how it would be on a PC.

lost the tabbed part to the next page because the words made everything display lower...if that makes sense...

teenastamps 02-16-2009 04:04 AM

...but then again I could print it just fine from the first one you sent...:D

n5stamper 02-16-2009 04:06 AM

Here is my COFFEE'S BREWIN' FOR A FRIEND BOX[color].

BrandiP 02-16-2009 04:06 AM

Quote:

I used to have that same problem. It was SO annoying! Finally I went back and installed an OLD version of Adobe....7 I think. Now it works perfectly and I can read PDF's again. It will sometimes ask me if I want to update when I open Adobe, but I just always tell it NO! Maybe that will help? I know it's so frustrating!

Mrs Nickel 02-16-2009 04:06 AM

I clicked on the thumbnail and it came up, and in the print preview it shows it about 30% smaller than the original pdf. Hope that helps!

lacyquilter 02-16-2009 04:24 AM

Quote:

You could make a cheater look-alike. The bottom will be just straight- fold over and glue. (And this size is a bit different.)

Start with a piece 8" x 10-1/2".

Score one 10-1/2" length at 2"

Score the 8" length at 2", 5", 7", and 10".

Cut up to the 1st score mark on all the cross scores. (This is the box bottom)

Cut off the 1/2" strip below the score line.

Now the fun part of the box -- not sure I can explain this...

Trim down the top 2-1/2" on all but one wide section & the 1/2" next to it (leave those).

Mark the trimmed wide section 1" down and draw a line across. Draw a line at an angle from that mark across each of the 2" sections to the opposite top edge. Trim out this section.

On remaining wide section, use a circle template to round the top and trim off. Trim the 1/2" strip to match the angled sides. Fold and glue.

I hope these directions will work for someone. I'm not actually making a box right now, so I hope I got them all right.

NANCYRUTH 02-16-2009 04:24 AM

thanks Lynn!! http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...0&ppuser=42694

va.sunshine 02-16-2009 04:28 AM

are you all just printing the PDF to the CS you want to use? hmmmmm..never done this before thanks *~*

dancerriley 02-16-2009 04:29 AM

this is really cute! :)

MariLynn 02-16-2009 04:32 AM

Great challenge.

Lynn in St. Louis 02-16-2009 04:36 AM

Yep, that is exactly what I did. Make sure you tell your printer that you are printing on cardstock rather than just printer paper. That's done in your printer options.

Quote:

Originally Posted by va.sunshine (Post 13131637)
are you all just printing the PDF to the CS you want to use? hmmmmm..never done this before thanks *~*

markie's mom 02-16-2009 04:36 AM

Wow! I have been wanting to make one of these boxes for a while! I LOVE IT!

Here's today's Submission

ket68 02-16-2009 04:45 AM

Hey all I'm playing early. at least for me. Here's mine.
http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...7327?cat=14267

GardenDiva 02-16-2009 04:54 AM

Lynn,,,,,what a great little box. Will use this one over and over.
Thanks for a fun start to the week.
Tina
http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...35?limit=last1

eured99 02-16-2009 05:02 AM

I can't wait to try this Lynn, thanks for such a great challenge!

okstamper 02-16-2009 05:08 AM

Good morning....just got to take my son to school, then I'll play. Thanks!

TreasureOiler 02-16-2009 05:28 AM

This looks GREAT Lynn! Hope to play in a bit. My printer doesn't grab the cardstock right and always starts printing late....so it's at one end....lol
I'll try using my husband MAC and his printer to do this.

Samples are awesome girls!

Lynn in St. Louis 02-16-2009 05:29 AM

Can't wait to see what magic you work, Dawn!

Quote:

Originally Posted by TreasureOiler (Post 13132027)
This looks GREAT Lynn! Hope to play in a bit. My printer doesn't grab the cardstock right and always starts printing late....so it's at one end....lol
I'll try using my husband MAC and his printer to do this.

Samples are awesome girls!

Mrs Nickel 02-16-2009 05:32 AM

It Seriously MUST be MONDAY since we are having issues with this file! I have a pending doc in my printer from YESTERDAY that won't come out! I can't cancel it, I even turned off the printer, AND unplugged from the wall, and it is still stuck! My round-top-box pdf file is ready to print behind it! UGH!!!! MONDAYS!!

Vicky Gould 02-16-2009 05:39 AM

What an easy-peasy box to make - I can see Easter eggs and jelly beans coming up for this one! Thanks, Lynne, for yet another fun project! Here's my

Nesting Bird

Thanks for looking and/or commenting - as always I enjoy them. Hey, off to get the dreaded taxes done - then home to comment some more! Have a great day!

iluvtostamp2 02-16-2009 05:41 AM

Here's my box!!! I love this!!! I'll have to share with my Crafty Sisters from church!!!

I think this one will be a gift for my Secret Sister, as well.

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...&ppuser=107193