Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Technique Lover's Challenge (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/technique-lovers-challenge-44/)
-   -   TLC198 Vellum Wine Glass Votive Shade (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/technique-lovers-challenge-44/tlc198-vellum-wine-glass-votive-shade-402957/)

Lynn in St. Louis 12-08-2008 02:21 AM

TLC198 Vellum Wine Glass Votive Shade

1 Attachment(s)
Decorating for the holidays gives your home a warm and cozy feeling. Today's technique is an easy and quick one that will have you "lighting" up a room with that warm and cozy feeling we all love during the holidays - whether it's a shelf in the living room or accents to your holiday table, today's project will have you lighting up the holidays.

For todays' technique we'll be making Wine Glass Votive Shades. I love these little shades because they come together quickly, are easy, and if you use those little battery operated tea lights, you can put the ANYWHERE...even surrounding your Christmas tree. This technique could be used in a variety of ways...not just for Christmas. Let's see how many different occasions you can come up with to personalize these little cuties.

Things you will need for today's technique:
Vellum cardstock (vellum paper is thinner and may not be suitable for this project)
Tacky tape, or some other variety of strong double sided tape
Punches or decorative scissors
Wine Glass or other similar glass holder

First thing you will need to do is download the template which can be found as a PDF file at the bottom of this page.

Next cut out the template and lay on top of your vellum, tracing lightly with pencil onto the vellum.
Cut your vellum piece out
Punch, pierce, stamp, decorate, embellish as you wish
Apply your tacky tape along the short side and ahear together creating your shade
Place on top of your wineglass, (or other glass that has a similarly sized opening (mouth) turn on your light and enjoy - now let's "deck the halls"!

Some additional thoughts...run your vellum through a cuttlebug folder or crimper...BUT remember that you may want to add just a smidge to the width to compensate for the folder images/crimper.

To see my sample, CLICK HERE.

To view the gallery of Wine Glass Votive Shades, CLICK HERE.

Hint for next week: Grab you tag punches and let make some beautiful ...

Julesiana 12-08-2008 02:22 AM

I haven't done one of these in YEARS!
I have my wheels turning!!

THANKS LYNN!!

Marleygo 12-08-2008 02:25 AM

WOW! Looks beautiful! I'll have to try something after work.

NANCYRUTH 12-08-2008 02:25 AM

thanks Lynn, you come up with such wonderful projects for us! I love this!

princessdi69 12-08-2008 02:32 AM

oh this looks fun. i hope i can play this morning after the boys are on their buses.

angelladcrockett 12-08-2008 02:32 AM

This is so awesome, Lynn! Can't play today, but I will definitely try this later....what a fab idea!

GardenDiva 12-08-2008 02:35 AM

Lynn,,,,,these are so elegant and EASY.....I need several small gifts as a thank you for my Herb Club officers for our party on Sunday. I think this will be it !!! My partner and I are also doing 2 Christmas Teas this week and I think I'll make some of these as the door prizes...........
Our little Dollar Tree store always has such a nice selection of stemware for only $1.00..... Busy Busy week ahead............
Thanks for another super idea !!! Will be back later with mine.

AmberDawn 12-08-2008 02:52 AM

Oh how CUTE! I can't wait to make one of these! Thanks Lynn:)

sumtoy 12-08-2008 02:52 AM

No vellum CS here :( I guess today I watch..Maybe I could just make one out of CS and decorate it.

glitterbabe 12-08-2008 02:53 AM

WOW Lynn! What a fabulous challenge. I won't be playing this one but I sure am looking forward to what everyone does! How exciting! I do have a question though...... where do you get vellum cardstock? I've never even heard of it!

Stef H

Vicky Gould 12-08-2008 02:57 AM

You just keep 'em coming - no vellum cs here, but I'll try something else!

stampinupconsultan 12-08-2008 02:59 AM

this looks like some fun... I am off to try... TSMFS!!!

kaloso05 12-08-2008 03:01 AM

Lynn, fabulous project and I can't wait to try, but I have a question first. How big are your wine glasses, or what's the diameter of the bowl? The only wine glasses I have are oversized and I'm going to have to scale the pattern up to make them work or else they'll be vellum hats, not shades!

How pretty would these look around the centerpiece at a wedding?!?

thanks!

debhorst 12-08-2008 03:20 AM

here is my lampshade

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...0&ppuser=74842

These are so dainty and pretty!! Thanks for the fun Challenge!!

eured99 12-08-2008 03:34 AM

Lynn, I don't have any vellum cardstock, so I'll just enjoy all the other ladies creativeness today! Thanks, though, for giving us such great challenges!

lacyquilter 12-08-2008 04:09 AM

Oh, fun! Now if I can just find my pattern. Got a new printer, but am waiting for my son to give me his old computer so I can use it. Mine is too old to support the new software - UGH! Thanks, Lynn.

NANCYRUTH 12-08-2008 04:12 AM

thanks lynn this will be a gift for someone... hope you like it! http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...0&ppuser=42694

DawnL 12-08-2008 04:14 AM

Thanks Lynn!!!

princessdi69 12-08-2008 04:20 AM

Here is my vellum shade:

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...0&ppuser=44893

n5stamper 12-08-2008 04:21 AM

Here is my dissaster of a VELLUM WINE GLASS VOLTIVE SHADE.

markie's mom 12-08-2008 04:33 AM

Lynn, I love this idea! And, Speedy the Cat loves the battery operated candle! He's fasinated by it! Who Knew? LOL!

Here's today's submission

Emma F 12-08-2008 04:41 AM

Gosh Lynn, thanks for the great template. This is so easy and so pretty! Here's my

Vellum Flowers

Vicky Gould 12-08-2008 04:43 AM

I found some heavier vellum, but not cardstock - seemed to have worked ok.

Let it snow

glitterbabe 12-08-2008 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaloso05 (Post 12302303)
Lynn, fabulous project and I can't wait to try, but I have a question first. How big are your wine glasses, or what's the diameter of the bowl? The only wine glasses I have are oversized and I'm going to have to scale the pattern up to make them work or else they'll be vellum hats, not shades!

How pretty would these look around the centerpiece at a wedding?!?

thanks!

Ooooooo, vellum hats! What a great New Year's idea!

Stef H

stampinupconsultan 12-08-2008 04:54 AM

Oh.. How fun was this... Here is mine:

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...0&ppuser=96516

deipara 12-08-2008 04:57 AM

Oh, if only I had time to play and upload before work.

But it's something to do when I get home and I have to do laundry. :)

scrappigramma2 12-08-2008 04:59 AM

This was UBER quick and easy!!! I'll be making more for sure! Thanks Lynn, and thanks for looking everyone!

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...&ppuser=134563

scrappigramma2 12-08-2008 05:04 AM

Is anyone else having trouble seeing the submissions in this gallery? All that's coming up on my puter is Lynn's.... anyone else having this? My computer had some adjustments made this weekend but I can't see how this would be afffected!

stampinupconsultan 12-08-2008 05:06 AM

I think I am missing something.. Where are all the lampshades? They aren't showing up in the gallery and I did a search of TLC198 and they aren't showing there either.. Any ideas ladies?

princessdi69 12-08-2008 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrappigramma2 (Post 12303079)
Is anyone else having trouble seeing the submissions in this gallery? All that's coming up on my puter is Lynn's.... anyone else having this? My computer had some adjustments made this weekend but I can't see how this would be afffected!

So it isnt me this morning??? I have tried several times in the past two minutes too look.

Lynn in St. Louis 12-08-2008 05:07 AM

Yeah...I'm not sure what is going on. I'll post something on the Site Problems forum. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrappigramma2 (Post 12303079)

Emma F 12-08-2008 05:07 AM

No Grace, it's not just you! I've run a gallery search on TLC198 but only Lynn's are coming up for me too. I'd be interested to know if everyone's having this trouble too.

Emma F 12-08-2008 05:08 AM

Thanks Lynn ... while I was typing a few others posted ... hope they work it out soon!

Lynn in St. Louis 12-08-2008 05:11 AM

I just read on the "site suggestions" forum that uploads have been taking like 24 hours to show up. I don't know why mine did, but I've posted a concern. If you continue to use the keyword TLC198, it will eventually end up in the gallery, I'm sure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emma F (Post 12303108)
No Grace, it's not just you! I've run a gallery search on TLC198 but only Lynn's are coming up for me too. I'd be interested to know if everyone's having this trouble too.

scrappigramma2 12-08-2008 05:13 AM

OK Thanks Lynn!

Thanks for checking it out... at least we can reach it by clicking on the links here in this thread... just a little slower but maybe it will be worked out soon!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynn in St. Louis (Post 12303130)
I just read on the "site suggestions" forum that uploads have been taking like 24 hours to show up. I don't know why mine did, but I've posted a concern. If you continue to use the keyword TLC198, it will eventually end up in the gallery, I'm sure.

cmc2stamp 12-08-2008 05:19 AM

Here is mine!! What fun this was!

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...4215?cat=14672

Toy 12-08-2008 05:42 AM

Hey Lynn... does it HAVE to be vellum? I made one using white cardstock cuz I have no vellum. If you say it has to be vellum, no problem, but I'd still like to be considered. Lemme know!

Peace!

artystamper 12-08-2008 05:46 AM

What a fun decorating idea! can't wait to try one after work!

kimbersscraps 12-08-2008 05:51 AM

I think I might just have to go buy some vellum cardstock. All the shades that I have seen are wonderful. I really need to give this a try. Its a good thing I am going to the city today. LOL Everyone has done a wonderful job. Can't wait to try this.

lazylizard 12-08-2008 05:56 AM

I will have to have time for this today. I love this idea!!